[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Most all superstar athletes are douche bags. When you have everyone worshipping you since junior high you gonna act like your **** dont stink.

Thats why i find it pretty stupid if you hate an athlete based on their rep or their personality.

If you want your favorite player to be like ac green i think you picked the wrong form of entertainment to watch

Something we can both agree on.
Am I dreaming? 8o

[quote name="CP"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="CP"]When have I ever said Kob wasn't a toolbag?

My point is he's not some mastermind, wacko, nutjob secretly running the Lakers.

Toolbag, yes.
Trading off bombshells, no.[/quote]Iono, probably sometime after I said Magic was literally perfect. brb, I'm'a go find it.[/quote]So then we both view each of them the same way then, yes?

Magic and Kobe both have flaws, but are great enough to overcome those flaws, and work towards the same goal.[/quote]Yeah, no.

THAT'S... that all-or-nothing thinking again. :lol

"Players are either flawed, or not. If Grant Hill has ever thrown a fit, then he has just as much of a temper as Ron Artest. Things are either one way... or they're not. No middle ground. A player having more of a flaw than another? Inconceivable! They're both just... 'flawed'."

*thumbs up and a wink* Riiiiiiiiight.

"Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch." 

riley-magic-kareem.jpg

nerd.gif

[quote name="CP"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="CP"]When have I ever said Kob wasn't a toolbag?

My point is he's not some mastermind, wacko, nutjob secretly running the Lakers.

Toolbag, yes.
Trading off bombshells, no.
Iono, probably sometime after I said Magic was literally perfect. brb, I'm'a go find it.[/quote]So then we both view each of them the same way then, yes?

Magic and Kobe both have flaws, but are great enough to overcome those flaws, and work towards the same goal.[/quote]Yeah, no.

THAT'S... that all-or-nothing thinking again. :lol

"Players are either flawed, or not. If Grant Hill has ever thrown a fit, then he has just as much of a temper as Ron Artest. Things are either one way... or they're not. No middle ground. A player having more of a flaw than another? Inconceivable! They're both just... 'flawed'."

*thumbs up and a wink* Riiiiiiiiight.[/quote]

Dude got his coach fired his 2nd year in, demanded a trade, and was boxing his teammates before playoff games.

I'd say those are fairly decent strikes against, no? :lol

And those are just what we know of, who knows what else is buried after all these years?????

That's what happens when you shoot every time you touch the ball.

But really, I think he hurt it playing pick up ball that summer.

Last edited:
[quote name="franc"][quote name="DarthSka"]^ So obvious that it's amusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

"I mean, for all we know, he could be like Joe Dumars, but twitter wasn't around to 'randomly tweet' about Joe's terribleness."

*waits for "Well, it won us championships."*

Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch.

*waits for "Like MJ wasn't a jerk. But you're wearing his kicks right now. :lol "*

I am, actually. OG white/red XVIIs. :D

But it's well known that Mike is a certified jerk. So anyone denying that would either be ignorant, or on Mike's team of legal defenders. :lol
[/quote]pics of 17s or ducktales 8o[/quote] View media item 865250

Reactions: sb
Why Kobe have a cast on in that pic?

He broke his wrist carrying the players through the photo shoot, similar to how he carried Smush and Kwame to the playoffs.

Notice Nash's lack of enthusiasm and effort with that lazy pose.

Notice Jermaine falling asleep on the wall. :{

Kobe wasn't having any of that.

Last edited:
[quote name="franc"][quote name="DarthSka"]^ So obvious that it's amusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

"I mean, for all we know, he could be like Joe Dumars, but twitter wasn't around to 'randomly tweet' about Joe's terribleness."

*waits for "Well, it won us championships."*

Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch.

*waits for "Like MJ wasn't a jerk. But you're wearing his kicks right now. :lol "*

I am, actually. OG white/red XVIIs. :D

But it's well known that Mike is a certified jerk. So anyone denying that would either be ignorant, or on Mike's team of legal defenders. :lol
pics of 17s or ducktales 8o[/quote] View media item 865250[/quote]

17s :hat

Is that your oxygen tank and walker in the background?

^^^ one of my favorite air Jordan models the 17s....still looking for the crocs

LTB....

New poll...

Favorite Jordan model.....

My vote: Air Jordan Team Elite

Last edited:

"Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch." 

riley-magic-kareem.jpg

nerd.gif
People always do this, twisting arguments up, losing track of the original point within the discussion.

When someone mentions "He had help!", people always think that's a knock on whoever is being discussed, then they respond with proof that whoever that guy is a fan of also had help.

That would be a valid rebuttal if the original argument was that Kobe did it alone, to which I would be reminding them that he had the best coach and the most dominant big, to which you would now be replying that Magic had a great coach and one of the most dominant bigs.

That would have been a great response... if the point I was making was to remind people that Kobe didn't go it alone.

However, that wasn't what I was saying. I was talking about Kobe's attitude NOT being a detriment to championships, and that it would be pretty hard to be a detriment to a championship run catapulted by the greatest coach ever and the MDE big.

For clarity:

"He didn't go it alone. He had the greatest coach and the MDE big" =/= (that means 'is not the same as) "No, his attitude didn't thwart the efforts of a championship run... but it would be pretty hard to thwart that effort considering it was catapulted by the GOAT coach and MDE big."

All that pic shows is that Magic never carried a team.

*finger twirl*

Whoop-dee-do. Anyone who feels like he did is an idiot. 
laugh.gif

so you're saying that despite kobe's (bad) attitude, it didnt effect our championship teams because we had shaq and phil?

Man if I see one more *finger twirl* I'm jumping off a bridge... :|

Mrdiesel we could do that but there's a maximum of 20 options per poll. There's more than 20 Jordan's that people would want to vote for :lol

Narrow it down a bit to a more specific question. Perhaps favorite J's from the 90's or something... Way too broad of a poll on Niketalk especially :lol

Back
Top Bottom