[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

I have never had jalapenos on my pizza before 
We know the only topping you like on your pizza.

nerd.gif

so you're saying that despite kobe's (bad) attitude, it didnt effect our championship teams because we had shaq and phil?
That... is exactly what I'm saying.

What I've BEEN saying.

To which people have responded "What about that game where he took over the 4th and overtime? Or what about when Shaq's big toe was hurt? Or what about..."

To which I reply that me saying "Kobe has a huge ego, but we weren't affected by it" does NOT infer that he did NOTHING to contribute. I simply hold the opinion that we won despite his attitude. Of course he had major contributions along the way. And if we had Kidd, despite the fact that Kidd is no Ray Allen, he would have contributed in a completely different way, methinks. Would me pointing out Kidd's lack of precision, consistent shooting mean that I'm saying he never, EVER contributed? No. It would mean that I'm saying we won despite that obstacle in what he brings to the table.

To which people further argue that Shaq also had an attitude/ego.

To which I reply that me saying "Kobe has a huge ego, but we weren't affected by it" does NOT mean that SHaq doesn't have a huge ego.

Then from there, you're probably going to want to point out MJ's ego, or the fact that we won the last 5 because of Kobe's ego (like 'Ego' is now some basketball trait, like scouts go to camps hoping to see a guy with good handles, nice court vision, and hopefully a huge ego... because basketball is no longer won by playing basketball anymore).

Then people point out how that ego was absolutely NECESSARY for the last 2, since Marc's sister was the next best player we had, and as good as she was in the WNBA, she's just not the 'carry the team' type.

To which I bring it all the way back full circle to point out how... yes, the Bulls were a dynasty w/ a certified jerk... but... Showtime lacked one.

To which there's now this NEW wave of attempts to paint Magic out to be some Bill Laimbeer/Ron Artest/JR Smith goofball... sans the twitter coverage. 
laugh.gif

Which angle we going? 
happy.gif

I'm still trying to figure out why it matters if Kobe had a (bad) attitude or a good one, or barked like a dog or whatever.

To me, the simple truth was, Kobe's skill set was PERFECT for our roster during those years. Better than Ray, better than Kidd, better than Pierce, and damn sure better than AI.

Attitude or not, we NEEDED Kobe's skillset, on the court. He made up for every single thing Shaq-Kidd-Ai-Pierce-Allen could not do.

Every single thing.

so kobe is a jerk but magic is not a jerk... whats the point of this, how does this support the magic > kobe argument (if it doesnt and you just want to point out that magic was a nice guy then why are people arguing about this)

I'm still trying to figure out what an athlete off court behavior has to do with your perception on him

What I've BEEN saying.

To which people have responded "What about that game where he took over the 4th and overtime? Or what about when Shaq's big toe was hurt? Or what about..."

To which I reply that me saying "Kobe has a huge ego, but we weren't affected by it" does NOT infer that he did NOTHING to contribute. I simply hold the opinion that we won despite his attitude. Of course he had major contributions along the way. And if we had Kidd, despite the fact that Kidd is no Ray Allen, he would have contributed in a completely different way, methinks. Would me pointing out Kidd's lack of precision, consistent shooting mean that I'm saying he never, EVER contributed? No. It would mean that I'm saying we won despite that obstacle in what he brings to the table.

To which I reply that me saying "Kobe has a huge ego, but we weren't affected by it" does NOT mean that SHaq doesn't have a huge ego.

Then from there, you're probably going to want to point out MJ's ego, or the fact that we won the last 5 because of Kobe's ego (like 'Ego' is now some basketball trait, like scouts go to camps hoping to see a guy with good handles, nice court vision, and hopefully a huge ego... because basketball is no longer won by playing basketball anymore).

Then people point out how that ego was absolutely NECESSARY for the last 2, since Marc's sister was the next best player we had, and as good as she was in the WNBA, she's just not the 'carry the team' type.

To which I bring it all the way back full circle to point out how... yes, the Bulls were a dynasty w/ a certified jerk... but... Showtime lacked one.

To which there's now this NEW wave of attempts to paint Magic out to be some Bill Laimbeer/Ron Artest/JR Smith goofball... sans the twitter coverage. :lol

Which angle we going? :D  

so in turn your arguing about nothing.

One was a jerk, the other was a nice guy.... both produced wins because they were the same kind of players ON THE COURT. Winners and hungry to get better.

So with that said what is this obsession with you bringing up how bad of a jerk you think Kobe is, did he not sign your ball or something.

I'm still trying to figure out why it matters if Kobe had a (bad) attitude or a good one, or barked like a dog or whatever.

To me, the simple truth was, Kobe's skill set was PERFECT for our roster during those years. Better than Ray, better than Kidd, better than Pierce, and damn sure better than AI.

Attitude or not, we NEEDED Kobe's skillset, on the court. He made up for every single thing Shaq-Kidd-Ai-Pierce-Allen could not do.

Every single thing.
Because I don't like his attitude.

Simple.

I mention that I don't like his ego and it intrigues people to the point of discussion.

*waits for someone to read JUST this reply and comment on how ridiculous it is to not like his ego, when MJ... or Shaq... or now Magic... blah, blah, blah... like I haven't already responded to that rebuttal in the last hour*

laugh.gif

But yeah, this is where it's important to remember the original topic. Anytime I mention my antipathy towards Bean and it sparks a discussion, it's important to remember "Wait, what does that have to do with winning?"

It doesn't, but that's not what's being discussed when I mention my disdain and someone responds.

Because I don't like his attitude.

Simple.

I mention that I don't like his ego and it intrigues people to the point of discussion.

*waits for someone to read JUST this reply and comment on how ridiculous it is to not like his ego, when MJ... or Shaq... or now Magic... blah, blah, blah... like I haven't already responded to that rebuttal in the last hour*

:lol

But yeah, this is where it's important to remember the original topic. Anytime I mention my antipathy towards Bean and it sparks a discussion, it's important to remember "Wait, what does that have to do with winning?"

It doesn't, but that's not what's being discussed when I mention my disdain and someone responds.

but why do you feel the need to bring up in every discussion about BASKETBALL how much you dislike Kobe's personality.

See that I hear. I know you get beat down for "anti" Kobe remarks more than what you're really doing which is just speaking on what you believe, value more in a player. Hence the Kidd polar opposite.

I get that part of the equation, I really do.

But I also get there is a larger picture, and skills have to match that get along vibe or positive attitude, etc.

Kobe's skillset, overcame his attitude one way or another. Maybe his pushing pushed Shaq/Phil to also keep pushing, whereas Kidd's laidback style might have enabled both those lazy fools Shaq and Phil to also lay back more.

We'll never know, Twitter wasn't ready yet.

;)

so kobe has an attitude/ego and shaq has one too along with MJ, do you not like their attitudes the same way as you dont like kobes?

i guess its different for MJ since hes not a laker so you wouldnt care as much

not trying to talk you into liking kobe or anything, just wondering what you think of shaq's attitude

I'm still trying to figure out what an athlete off court behavior has to do with your perception on him

What I've BEEN saying.

To which there's now this NEW wave of attempts to paint Magic out to be some Bill Laimbeer/Ron Artest/JR Smith goofball... sans the twitter coverage. 
laugh.gif

Which angle we going? 
happy.gif

so in turn your arguing about nothing.

One was a jerk, the other was a nice guy.... both produced wins because they were the same kind of players ON THE COURT. Winners and hungry to get better.

So with that said what is this obsession with you bringing up how bad of a jerk you think Kobe is, did he not sign your ball or something.
You and I have very different definitions of obsession.

This discussion right now on Kobe, this is sparked by my response yesterday to the rumored tweets.

BEFORE THAT RESPONSE, if I were to give you a dollar for EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVE KOBE REPLY OF MINE THIS YEAR, how much money do you think I'd be giving you?

G'on and use the search button.

I'll wait. 
laugh.gif

Not enough time in the year? I know, we're not far enough into the year.

Throw ALL OF 2013 IN THERE as well.

Every Negative Kobe response from me going all the way back to JANUARY 2013, if I were to give you a buck each, how much you think I'm giving you?

Since I'm obsessed,  that must be HUNDREDS, no?

And for every month I mention NOTHING negative about him, you give me $5.

We'll see how obsessed I am... or how wrong you are, one or the other. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom