[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
What a surprise, CP has something negative to say to the coach that were voting for.

C'mon brah, we already knew you were setting us up for lectures if we didn't vote for MDA :lol:

I know that was the whole point of your poll idea. Wait in the rafters and see the names people mention, then type up an essay mocking people and ridiculing folks for the coach they pick.

We get it man. To you MDA is the best available in the world.

Can we have our own opinions without being lectured? Can we vote for someone in the poll without being laughed at? Sheesh. :lol:

It's like we all have to be sheep and follow your thoughts and opinions or we're all stupid.

So what you're saying, is everything I just typed about Stan is of no concern?

We like his name, so let's get him. No need for a resume.

Yet, I gave you a name with no resume that I would like to see get a chance. That isn't Mike.

Rather than jumping down my throat, read what's being said man. I'm not typing to exercise my fingers.

SnoopyAdmirableAmericanindianhorse.gif

SF6Y1Eu.jpg

Which inevitably leads you to ask: What next?

The suggestion is already in circulation that the Lakers will attempt to use their forthcoming high lottery pick in June to assemble the sort of trade package that finally convinces the Wolves to part with Love and end the uncertainty that hangs over this franchise even before the 25-year-old enters the final year of his contract. Yet there is just as much defiance emanating from Minnesota, as we speak, about the Wolves' ability to keep Love in town.

You continue to hear that Wolves owner Glen Taylor remains determined to try to convince Love to stick around and will keep resisting trade offers until, as one insider puts it, he "has no choice." The Wolves are quietly optimistic about the marketing profile that the Taco Bell-endorsing All-Star starter has established for himself in a supposed small market as well as the relationship new team president Flip Saunders has forged with Love, who would have to be willing to leave some $30 million on the table, Dwight Howard-style, if he wants to force his way out.
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/1929/whats-next-for-kevin-love-and-wolves

Poor decision if the front office tries to trade this pick. Would be a Knicks-esque type of move :smh: :smh: Love will be there in '15, why not wait?!

Embiid exum Wiggins parker

Randle smart Gordon just don't do it for me. Id understand if they trade it, but would rather they keep the pick.

Wait for k love to hit free agency, and if the pick doesnt pan out at least you have a young "asset" for a future trade.
Ala javaris Crittenton with Kwame pau trade

Last edited:
the bucks? really? :smh:

i want to see mda with a healthy roster in los angeles.

Jordan hill is another one of those lottery picks that didn't work out elsewhere but the lakers took the time to develop him. Top 3 is nice indeed but their is quality for cheap in the draft. We understandably cherish this years unknown lotto pick but are so quick to want to dump Jordan hill

Lakes gon lake and probably win this game. They do a decent job of showing up in these statement games. I know I'm in the minority but I see crazy potential in this team. 2-3 pieces away.

Jordan hill is another one of those lottery picks that didn't work out elsewhere but the lakers took the time to develop him. Top 3 is nice indeed but their is quality for cheap in the draft. We understandably cherish this years unknown lotto pick but are so quick to want to dump Jordan hill

Lakes gon lake and probably win this game. They do a decent job of showing up in these statement games. I know I'm in the minority but I see crazy potential in this team. 2-3 pieces away.

Those 3 pieces are 3 superstars. That's the difference between 24 and 48 wins at this point of the season

I think they are an entire starting 5 away.

But it doesn't matter. Hill will get $6-8mil, Meeks $5 mil. Can't afford to keep them.

Jordan Hill developed into something with the Lakers?

Other than a guy who can only get consistent 20+ minutes when Pau is hurt and a guy who the Nets wouldn't take for free unless they got a draft pick too, I mean.

I like Jordan and would like the Lakers to keep him if possible... but let's not inflate how good or valuable he is.

He hasn't even really developed with the Lakers. He just got minutes, and that was on a freak Mike Brown accident against OKC. But the April 2012 Jordan Hill is essentially the same as today's Jordan Hill.

Nah he actually really has developed. He wasn't even remotely this good last year, or 2 years ago.

He's no starter, but he's a very productive 8&8 over 20minutes and he wasn't close to that before he was in LA

Ask peep game. He hates Jordan Hill because he would only be able to put up 8&8 once a month and the rest of the games look awful. Now he can every game

Last edited:
Hill has developed nicely over the last two years.

He can't play more than 20 minutes a night, but that is perfect for a third big.

Maybe that was a bad choice of words. He has improved and shown he can be a solid rotation player, which was a huge question mark before he got here (still don't think he made a huge leap from what I remember of his early LA days)
But what he developed into (and what the Lakers invested into him) still isn't that much. Nice to have, but not the worst thing to lose. Definitely not on the level of a 2014 lottery pick

Last edited:
They should make a purple n gold shirt that says *** whoopin & *** whoopin & *** whoopin & *** whoopin

Luckily Celtics play Sixers twice over the last 10...

I think the Jazz may have the worst record in the west sewn up. Unless they win tonight.. But I don't see them winning more than a game over the last 10.

Last edited:
Should have shut down half the roster Philly style.

Gonna be real sick if we land #5 instead of top 3.

Please help us Silver.

Back
Top Bottom