[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Still stupid.
Tweet or no tweet. Shouldn't even be considered.

If we do trade it for Kevin Love, I hope he leaves after 1 season. We'd deserve it.

It's just a tweet, CP.

"I wish you
Would step out
From that ledge, my friend."
Interesting you didn't post a few more lines after that 
nerd.gif

tongue.gif

Interesting that NOW would be the time if it comes they listen to Bean. I'm sure if they trade the pick, he'll get raked through the coals. Not the actual people in charge, the player will all of a sudden be running the team again. Not when he didn't want Mike Brown or MDA instead of Phil Jax, not when they got rid of Steve Blake, coward before Dwight, no negotiation on a contract extension, or anything else where clearly 24 hasn't been consulted in the very least they've done. NOW is the time Kobe is running the Lakers again. Just asinine to me. It says more about the lack of leadership or seemingly direction of the people actually making decisions than anything else.

why dont you guys want k love for that pick?
CP is gonna cut you....

cause he can be signed outright in 2015 as a free agent

if we trade our pick for him  straight up we lose on drafting a young player we can develop and have locked on to the team for a few years on a rookie deal

CP is gonna cut you....

if we trade our pick for him  straight up we lose on drafting a young player we can develop and have locked on to the team for a few years on a rookie deal

Key word is CAN. Not will. There's just as likely a possibility he doesn't even reach FA in 2015 if Minny tries to get something for him. And even if he does, he could just as easily go elsewhere in FA (NY, CHI etc. who may have better constructed teams or opportunities to do things at that point).

Just as likely we could draft the rookie, him be a bust, and miss out on all the game changing FAs because our front office is inept and whatever mystique we've had has drastically dissipated with the continual losing.

CP is gonna cut you....

I agree with you but it's been said that kobe doesn't want to rebuild he wants to win now

Don't know why people think Kobe has any real pull at this point of his career, when he was 26 and ranted about being traded, maybe. But at 35 coming off two horrible injuries and Dr. Buss no longer in charge, Jim and Mitch are going to do what they are going to do because it's what they feel is right.

Sidenote: Andrew Wiggins will declare for the draft tomorrow. We need to go 0-rest of the season.

Even though it seems like a forgone conclusion as this point that Love will sign with the Lakers, if it doesn't happen it might not be the worst thing in the world.

It's kind of why I'm not going to be mad if the Lakers opt to draft Randle, Gordon or Vonleh if they are in the 5-6-7 range.

Last edited:
I was just going to say kobe doesn't have that kind of pull anymore. It would be one thing if he took a paycut and was making demands. He got the money and I doubt they are going to mess things up long term just to make kobe happy.

Last edited:
Don't know why people think Kobe has any real pull at this point of his career, when he was 26 and ranted about being traded, maybe. But at 35 coming off two horrible injuries and Dr. Buss no longer in charge, Jim and Mitch are going to do what they are going to do because it's what they feel is right.

Sidenote: Andrew Wiggins will declare for the draft tomorrow. We need to go 0-rest of the season.

Wiggins will NOT be a superstar in the NBA.

There are about 5-7 superstars in the NBA right now. He could be an All-star talent and we'd be just fine. Has all the physical attributes.

Exactly man. His "win now" rants are just a smokescreen, get people blaming Mitch for not making moves if the team still sucks after July. Can't believe its ******* working on people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom