[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

Give this guy the max.

Edit:

But seriously, what's Kelly worth this summer? I think I would do two years-$3.5 million.

Funny thing is, Kelly is hurting the Lakers in their typical head in the clouds way.

Everyone is so giddy over a low ceiling, high value pick playing "well" that they keep up with the Lakers can draft talent anywhere blah blah blah, and it only enforces them to ignore the draft part of team building and think this is the way.

When Kelly is barely above his current level in 4 years, maybe then people will start to "get it".

I'm less and less concerned with who our next coach is, our next GM is who I want to find, soon. I want a new up and comer in that market and move Mitch to a title as worthless as the one they were trying to hand to Phil back in the day.

It's your fault for believing this team was going to be on some Philadelpnia 26er type losing streak.

Some of us said months ago don't have those Typa expectations. Yet you guys continue to and go ape **** when we win a few games.

D'Antoni whether we like it or not is coaching to keep his job. And many of these 1 year players are trying to earn contracts. These dudes don't have anything to gain out of pulling a Philly and just giving up. If they do they'll cost themselves contracts.

But you guys still expect them to just give up and lose 49 straight games :lol:

Were gonna land a 5-8 pick. It's always felt right for us. And it just continues to look like where we'll end up every day that passes by.

We won't get Wiggins or Parker, unless some
Miracle happens in the lottery.

So just be prepared for a very solid player, but not one of those top 4 guys.

Hopefully We don't trade the pick, because Julius randle has actually grown on me and I wouldn't mind landing him at 5 or 6 if he drops.

I remember when we pulled a nice white player with some skills from a good college program and he came in and played real well for a second round pick and earned a nice contract.

Ryan Kelly?

Naw.

Luke Walton.

:wink:

Philadelphia has been much better in their front office the last year than we have.

Philly is going to walk into July with MCW, Nerlens Noel, a top 3 pick, AND a top 10-12 pick.

4 kids, all under 22, all costing less per season than Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Love will.

They made absolute, positive, certain, that this pick would become a gold bar instead of risking it being a bronze brick.

Does it mean they are in the clear and destined for glory? Course not. Work is always to be done, same as the Heat had to keep working even after signing the Big 3. The point is, they put themselves in position to get right.

What have we done to position ourselves for strength? Sign an old broken dude. Trade away a bunch of picks. And win games for no reason to lower the value of our biggest asset.

Philly/Miami front office vision >>>>>>> Lakers front office vision.

It's your fault for believing this team was going to be on some Philadelpnia 26er type losing streak.

Some of us said months ago don't have those Typa expectations. Yet you guys continue to and go ape **** when we win a few games.

D'Antoni whether we like it or not is coaching to keep his job. And many of these 1 year players are trying to earn contracts. These dudes don't have anything to gain out of pulling a Philly and just giving up. If they do they'll cost themselves contracts.

But you guys still expect them to just give up and lose 49 straight games :lol:

Were gonna land a 5-8 pick. It's always felt right for us. And it just continues to look like where we'll end up every day that passes by.

We won't get Wiggins or Parker, unless some
Miracle happens in the lottery.

So just be prepared for a very solid player, but not one of those top 4 guys.

Hopefully We don't trade the pick, because Julius randle has actually grown on me and I wouldn't mind landing him at 5 or 6 if he drops.

I stand corrected. Its everytime we win OR lose

I know how we can fix all this tho.

Sign the player we ALL want in a Laker uni.

Kevin Garnett. :pimp:

He and Kobe can lead us as all NBA defenders, Nash and Pau work the pick and roll, keep Swaggy at the SF and that lineup would intimidate the entire NBA. Nobody would be able to stop us with KG, Nash, Pau, Kobe and Nick Young. That's like the damn Dream Team.

Go get Kevin Garnett. It's only a 1 year deal, he'd sign for 10-12 million, that's a bargain.

Do it Mitch. :pimp:

Hey man no arguments there lol.
I'm not saying our management is doing good by any means.

My post wasn't to defend Mitch and Jim.
It was to just remind you to not have unrealistic expectations with our "tank".

Were a very bad team. But we are clearly are
Not as bad as Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee, and Utah.

Front office wise? We very well might be worse than all those teams listed right now :lol:

cue joker money gif

Joker.gif

Couple EXCELLENT points I've seen this morning. Not going to go back and find who said them. Sorry for not citing my sources. Sue me (just be easy; I'm broke. 
ohwell.gif
 )

- There's an uncertainty in trading our pick for Love... who could walk? That's bad... because that pick is a nice, young athlete and Love could could bounce? Sooo... uncertainty = bad? Cool, cool. I get that. Makes sense. We tank and get a top pick and land Love... and that top pick becomes Sebastian Telfair/Kwame Brown, and Love demands a trade to a contender, or walks at the end of the 2-3 year deal we sign him for. That... so that would be bad, right? And it's absolutely possible, right? And it's also possible that we get a top pick and land Love and that pick goes all Kobe/Lebron on the league, and him and Love look attractive enough to lure in a Rondo or even Durant and rip the entire National Basketball Association a new one; that's also a possibility. So this 'tank and get a top pick and then land Love' could end up terrible, could end up decent, could end up awesome; lots of uncertainty, no? And 'uncertainty = bad' still? Or is is it just that uncertainty of 'trading that pick for Love when he COULD walk' is bad?

- These players, and this coach; if they have a strong feeling they're gone next year, what on EARTH would motivate them to tank for the future? They're trying to audition for their next batch of suitors... or else they'll have no suitors.

I won't dress up like the nurse tho.
We won't judge you if you do dress up as a nurse. Or Stormtrooper.

I get down with Star Wars like no other.

Never, in my life, have I dressed up as Vader, Boba, Stormtrooper, or anything else.

I am not, a dress up in a costume, kind of guy. At all.

I've attended Halloween costume parties, in normal attire.
Dress up themed Birthday parties (my wife, every freaking year) normal attire.

CP don't costume.

Winning stupid games like this
We aren't getting a franchise changing player. :smh:
What do you want the players are coaches to do out there? Actively lose? It isn't possible. This roster is already depleted, you can't ask for a much better situation for tanking. Kobe out, Nash out, Pau out, Farmar out.

Once in a while teams get hot, and play well, you can't do anything about it, other than do something which I think is revolutionary this year....ENJOY A LAKERS WIN.

There are so many variables to getting a "FRANCHISE CHANGING" player in this draft that its a waste of energy and time to stress each win. Other bad teams winning, ping pong balls, trades, players that declare, it is ridiculous to dwell and moan over every Lakers win. Wait for the season to end, wait til we get our draft position and then we have something to talk about.
Agree 1000000%

You absolutely can ask for a better roster to tank.

Trade Pau
Trade Kaman
Trade Hill
Trade Blake
Trade Nick Young
Trade Meeks

6 things, we did 1.

We didn't enhance our lone asset. That's called a failure.

Protect the asset, we did not do that. Now we will suffer because of it.

- There's an uncertainty in trading our pick for Love... who could walk? That's bad... because that pick is a nice, young athlete and Love could could bounce? Sooo... uncertainty = bad? Cool, cool. I get that. Makes sense. We tank and get a top pick and land Love... and that top pick becomes Sebastian Telfair/Kwame Brown, and Love demands a trade to a contender, or walks at the end of the 2-3 year deal we sign him for. That... so that would be bad, right? And it's absolutely possible, right? And it's also possible that we get a top pick and land Love and that pick goes all Kobe/Lebron on the league, and him and Love look attractive enough to lure in a Rondo or even Durant and rip the entire National Basketball Association a new one; that's also a possibility. So this 'tank and get a top pick and then land Love' could end up terrible, could end up decent, could end up awesome; lots of uncertainty, no? And 'uncertainty = bad' still? Or is is it just that uncertainty of 'trading that pick for Love when he COULD walk' is bad?

Yes, there's uncertainty in everything. But a lottery pick has the chance to bring things that no other player can - not just in terms of talent, but the money and roster building situations.

Love + pick brings a much higher chance of success, due to more opportunities on the roster building side.

The pick could burn out and those opportunities go out the window. But those things are irreplaceable, not things you can get on the FA market etc. So that's why the Lakers should be willing to play the risks of the pick panning out vs. the risks of giving it up for a star and dealing with the cap limitations etc.

I'm just gonna start going back 200 pgs and read from there, would be the same thing. Our fate has been sealed for a while. It sucked being called an idiot for saying we didn't have a legit shot at a bottom 3 record pretty much from game 1 but I got over it and moved on. I enjoyed the game yesterday, especially the last two minutes :lol:.

We will win at least 2 more games. Likely pick 5th at the highest with the possibility of landing higher. Re-sign who we can, trade Pau/Hill if we can and sign the best free agent we can. Everybody should know this by now. Until then I'm just gonna watch and enjoy the games, knowing how much I miss watching the team in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom