[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Key word is CAN. Not will. There's just as likely a possibility he doesn't even reach FA in 2015 if Minny tries to get something for him. And even if he does, he could just as easily go elsewhere in FA (NY, CHI etc. who may have better constructed teams or opportunities to do things at that point).

Just as likely we could draft the rookie, him be a bust, and miss out on all the game changing FAs because our front office is inept and whatever mystique we've had has drastically dissipated with the continual losing.

For some reason people seem to ignore this point...

Wes looking like Forrest Gump with that army fade

The point about love going elsewhere is completely valid. It's a separate issue from trading the pick for love

Last edited:
Can't blame Bean for being a good soldier, especially after they basically wrote him a blank check before he stepped back on the court.

I understand it's a different path to get Love, but the issue is that we could potentially get an All-Star, maybe superstar player with the right pieces for a player that we have not seen at all on the pro level. Could he turn out to be great, yes, but there's the other end of the spectrum as well.

You don't often get to grab those fringe superstar type talents often, and never in our history have we been a franchise that has embraced or tolerated losing for a long time. It's not a possibility that should be ignored, because it's looking more and more like it could happen.

Last edited:
^ It's not a solid point though. It's not being ignored it's being dismissed.

So what happens if KLove gets traded before he becomes a FA or better yet chooses to go elsewhere coupled with the draft pick becoming a bust???

Will people then say we should have traded the pick???

Yeah and we can trade the pick for Love and Love leaves for a team better positioned... Celtics, Bulls, Knicks... If he gets traded before he becomes a free agent.. So ******* be it. It is still stupid to trade the pick.

We will not win next year, or the year after... Have to develop a core and build off it. Kelly and Sacre are a good 9&10 on the rotation. Farmar a great 8th man. Lock those 3 up, draft a starter.. And build from there.

You cannot go around rebuilding anymore.. It just will not happen and be successful.

Last edited:
Him leaving once he gets traded here is HIGHLY unlikely. Again, he's not D12

I just hate when people say we can sign him outright in 2015. There's too many variables in that too be that simple.

If we can get Love and that 12th pick for our 4th pick why not do it??
To be honest, after Wiggins, Embiid, & Parker it's all a crapshoot on talent anyway

For people to just quickly dismiss the scenario is senseless to me

They will NEVER trade their franchise guy for a 4th pick and give us back a 12 get your head out of the clouds..

To get a franchise player it always costs the king's ransom. If it ain't Lebron, KD or Anthony Davis it isn't worth it.

Dude stop we are still in line for 4th

6th best odds at #1 as of right now (BOS, ORL, UTA, PHI, MIL all ahead of us), win tonight, we'll be in a tie for 8th. This is going to be such a disappointment to have the worst year in franchise history and end up with a 8-10 pick and draft a guy who'll probably never start or contribute.

That's BS, then there's no point in discussing anything in this thread then... Everything is hypothetical. Such a cop out

That's BS, then there's no point in discussing anything in this thread then... Everything is hypothetical. Such a cop out

Fine, Heres your answer.. Absolutely not..

Here's why.. We don't get to pick whoever it is they take.

We can't trade on draft night.. So we have to draft for what's best for us. If we draft for the Wolves, we may get stuck with something we didn't want when they ultimately decline. Wolves won't draft for us, they'll draft for themselves.

To the final point... Why trade with the Lakers now, when you can just wait for the Celtics to offer something better mid-season. Or maybe, Wolves want to roll the dice, and test their luck

Last edited:
Wolves can get better than the Lakers' lottery pick for just Love

So it's no use wondering about Love and the Wolves pick

Last edited:
No I get all that. I just hate when people qickly dismiss diff possibilities like it's so stupid or unlikely ya know...

At that rate we would have never gotten Shaq or Kobe or Pau or CP3 (temporarily)... And I know I know the CBA has changed things ...but what made us different from everybody else in the league was not our money or us being in LA but us continually being able to think outside the box to stay on top ...I just don't want to see us as an organization or fans lose that.

I love this damn team.

Last edited:
No I get all that. I just hate when people qickly dismiss diff possibilities like it's so stupid or unlikely ya know...

At that rate we would have never gotten Shaq or Kobe or Pau or CP3 (temporarily)... And I know I know the CBA has changed things ...but what made us different from everybody else in the league was not our money or us being in LA but us continually being able to think outside the box to stay on top ...I just don't want to see us as an organization or fans lose that.

I love this damn team.

Gotta rebuild.. And pray for the rest.

We have two things going for us:
1. We'll have a solid bench locked up for cheap
2. A top draft pick.

That pick doesn't need to be a superstar.. It just needs to be a solid starter.

If we get as many of those pieces in line for cheap, it serves us better long term than being capped out with 3 players. That will be a problem the Miami Heat will face in the upcoming years. Luckily for them, they have the best player in the world.

Yea a lot is riding on the decisions of Jim & Mitch. These will be the most interesting next few months in awhile indeed....

There's a storm a brewin'...lol

Last edited:
Eh.. Can't be too upset.. These last 6 games have all be against beatable opponents. 3-3 is still really bad for that stretch (in normally team terms).

We wouldn't have gone worse than 2-4. Just wasn't going to happen.

Pau will be back, and we'll get back to losing. Final 9.. Sacramento, Utah & San Antonio have nothing to play for.

4 against teams that could miss the playoffs if they have a bad stretch.

Houston & Clipps both playing to get better second round matchups

Last edited:
This Shabazz Napier kid was SMOOOOOTH today :x :pimp:

I know he only shot 6-14, but what was impressive was his ability to create shots so easily for himself.
He looked so smooth driving through the lane, stepping back, fading away, shooting his jump shots.
His whole game was just flat out nice.

Is he projected to go in the 1st round P?
I havent heard much about him in mocks.

Back
Top Bottom