[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I don't like his overall game. I been clear on that for years. But man, Nash can dribble the ball like he's breathing. And he passes just unbelievably perfect dimes off the dribble with either hand.
mean.gif

Never be a fan, but shooting/passing wise, he's incredible, really is.
but that is is game o_0. what else don't you like that washes his shooting and passing to where you don't like him overall?
His defense for one.

For 2, as maybe the best shooter in history, it is EXTREMELY counter productive for him to insist on passing over and over to lesser shooters while he scores 10 points and they lose by 4.

You see how CP3 scores when needed late in games, he takes over and finishes. Nash wouldn't do that, so he could pass to Channing Frye or Barbosa or whoever.
So lack of defense and lack of (for lack of a better phrase) 'killer instinct' late in the game?

^ smh

doods just be critiquing to critique.

you would swear to god CP was a former NBA player turned ESPN analyst the way he critique some of these guys......

"Everybody can tell you how to do it, but they never did it"

Im still waiting for your basketball credentials, like did you play in college, highschool, even in middle school? Where does this elitist basketball know-all attitude come from....the way you talk I would swear you AT LEAST played D-I ball because someone without any formal basketball experience would never talk as reckless as you....unless they were one of millions of hyper-obsessed american sports fanatics that put so much time x effort into WATCHING sports to escape their daily realities that they believe they are the experts strictly from a SPECTATORS perspective.

good 'ol "water" pistol pete
View media item 894211]

Last edited:
^ I've mentioned that before, tried that route.

Just gonna sit this one out.

Cheering for ya, though.

My man soriano came in SWINGIN' :rofl: :rofl:

Im in TEARS @ water pistol Pete :rofl:

I'm with Ska. Ima sit this one out and watch from the sidelines. *grabs popcorn*

May the force be with you Soriano, CP is the Darth Vader of Laker Land :lol:

in before the inevitable "I keep it real unlike all other delusional fans" post

Last edited:
So lack of defense and lack of (for lack of a better phrase) 'killer instinct' late in the game?

Yeah, I don't know if it's killer instinct. I hear ya on lack of better term, but I was thinking more along the lines of this extremely smart PG, knows every detail, and shoots almost perfect statlines with ease. 50/40/90.

But here the Suns are year after year, game after game, and he's making 3-4 baskets for the whole game, and passing 250 times to guys that shoot 42% total and what not.

It's a nitpick, I see that, but like I used with Chris Paul, that guy runs the team, dishes plenty, and then, final 5 minutes, he uses HIS shooting ability, which is usually higher percentages than his teammates, to close out the game.

Nash was always fine with just continuing to pass to "lesser" shooters and leaving with a 4 point loss. If he had more Chris Paul in him, maybe his career would have been even better.

And defensively, yeah, nothing need be said.

Im still waiting for your basketball credentials

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to have credentials to talk on our message board about sports?

Do I need credentials to talk about movies?

How bout politics, do I need to be a politician for that?

Do I need to have children, to talk about kids?

Do I need to be from LA, to cheer for the Lakers or Dodgers?

Do I need to be a chef to speak on foods that taste good or not?

Do I need to be a pastor to speak on Church?

Oh. I'm free to speak on whatever the **** I want? Cool.

Is my opinion of Steve Nash's game, going to affect him in any way? Does it affect you, in any way? Have I shamed my family? Will my wife leave me for speaking my own opinion about a basketball player that does not match up with the rest of the world?

K, great. Then I can just continue to talk Lakers/NBA in here then, cool.

You may put me on ignore now, since you're so tender about my writings. I won't be hurt over it. :wink:

I don't like his overall game. I been clear on that for years. But man, Nash can dribble the ball like he's breathing. And he passes just unbelievably perfect dimes off the dribble with either hand. :smh:

Never be a fan, but shooting/passing wise, he's incredible, really is.

but that is is game o_0. what else don't you like that washes his shooting and passing to where you don't like him overall?

His defense for one.

For 2, as maybe the best shooter in history, it is EXTREMELY counter productive for him to insist on passing over and over to lesser shooters while he scores 10 points and they lose by 4.

You see how CP3 scores when needed late in games, he takes over and finishes. Nash wouldn't do that, so he could pass to Channing Frye or Barbosa or whoever.
Meh, I disagree with this passing-scoring stance.

Nash's scoring during the time the Suns were competitive (05-10) were right in line with CP3's (and just about every other elite PG).

Last edited:
I'm sure they are. I'm referring more to late game, close out scoring.

I've seen CP3 close out a game with 12-14 points down the stretch.
I don't have a lot of those from Nash, and he's an even better shooter than Paul is.

Yea I was gonna say I remember vividly those prime Suns years ...Nash was def shooting more come end of the game.

But CP3 defense is top notch for a point guard and Steve Nash ...yea not so much :lol:

But you cant ask a POINT GUARD to take over late in games with scoring when thats not his job. CP3 was taking over late in games over his career mostly out of a necessity as
opposed to him wanting to really.

AND CP3 still hasnt had the post season team success that Nash has so its tit for tat as far as the Point Guard position goes between the 2
Its just preference at that point. I'd prefer to have CP3 as my point guard, but I could understand why people would choose Nash. His court vision combined with his dribbling are THEE BEST. PERIOD.

:lol: :pimp:

But seriously, I'd have to research more. Then again, comparing anyone to CP3 during the clutch is a losing propsition.

Last edited:
You sorta touched my point tho, Nash might be THEE best shooter the game has seen, but he doesn't take the shots late when they HAVE to have a bucket.

I don't mean get 30 a game, or even 20.

But if they down 4, minute left, best shooter on the team, why pass to a lesser shooter?

Get what I'm sayin?

So many times I'd see him, finish the night 3-4. Or 4-6. Lose by 5.
Couple more attempts, maybe they win by 2, etc.

Like I said, its a nitpick, I know.

Wait a sec, P, Jo, I'm gonna need to see some credentials from you guys.

Are you qualified to talk NBA PG's?

I was an serviceable, get the team into the offense PG in junior high, but I was a terrible PG when I got to high school SMH.

Yeah, I don't know if it's killer instinct. I hear ya on lack of better term, but I was thinking more along the lines of this extremely smart PG, knows every detail, and shoots almost perfect statlines with ease. 50/40/90.

But here the Suns are year after year, game after game, and he's making 3-4 baskets for the whole game, and passing 250 times to guys that shoot 42% total and what not.

It's a nitpick, I see that, but like I used with Chris Paul, that guy runs the team, dishes plenty, and then, final 5 minutes, he uses HIS shooting ability, which is usually higher percentages than his teammates, to close out the game.

Nash was always fine with just continuing to pass to "lesser" shooters and leaving with a 4 point loss. If he had more Chris Paul in him, maybe his career would have been even better.

And defensively, yeah, nothing need be said.

Im still waiting for your basketball credentials
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I need to have credentials to talk on our message board about sports?

Do I need credentials to talk about movies?

How bout politics, do I need to be a politician for that?

Do I need to have children, to talk about kids?

Do I need to be from LA, to cheer for the Lakers or Dodgers?

Do I need to be a chef to speak on foods that taste good or not?

Do I need to be a pastor to speak on Church?

Oh. I'm free to speak on whatever the **** I want? Cool.

Is my opinion of Steve Nash's game, going to affect him in any way? Does it affect you, in any way? Have I shamed my family? Will my wife leave me for speaking my own opinion about a basketball player that does not match up with the rest of the world?

K, great. Then I can just continue to talk Lakers/NBA in here then, cool.

You may put me on ignore now, since you're so tender about my writings. I won't be hurt over it.
wink.gif
You don't need to be a parent to speak on parenting. There are TONS of parents that ain't got a DAMN clue, and there are plenty of childless folks who are freaking GREAT w/ kids.

Need to be a chef to speak on great food? Tons of chefs put out straight bull, and tons of amateurs/uncredentialed types can KILL it (I'm looking at you, Rachel).

Thing is, you definitely need some sort of credibility. Credentials is the quickest way to show yourself worthy; I hate that it's like that, but it is. Someone with a firm grasp on the topic but missing the paperwork will get written off (again, looking at you, Rachel).

PLAYING basketball at a high level is definitely a quick path to "I know what I'm talking about." But again, it must be remembered that even a guy like Kwame Brown has played basketball at a high level, and ain't got a damn clue.

So no, playing at a high level doesn't guarantee you "know"... but some sort of working, 'hands on' experience is definitely preferred to a working, 'verbal' grasp.

Dang it, I said I was sitting this one out. 
laugh.gif

Michael Jordan was kind of good at basketball, so surely I would entrust a franchise to be run by him. :lol:

But I see your points, and sadly, I am ill qualified to speak on anything NBA related.

Lucky for me, I don't give a **** what that guy says, so I can keep typing. :pimp:

Gonna need Soriano to come back strong and respond with all the ammo he has left.

I need the lulz to cheer me up this Morning

I was an serviceable, get the team into the offense PG in junior high, but I was a terrible PG when I got to high school SMH.

I was a wing in organized ball, but always played the point in pickup ball.

A pass first point, at that. (Thank you Magic) :wink:

Sadly, I'm white, and therefore, was not going to cut it in college.....wait, actually, I probably would have flourished in college ball. Doh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't need to be a parent to speak on parenting. There are TONS of parents that ain't got a DAMN clue, and there are plenty of childless folks who are freaking GREAT w/ kids.
Man, I was a damn champion with kids at my old job. 

Ain't no way I'll ever be a parent tho 
laugh.gif

Dat Ska Wisdom
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
who the hell is Rachel? Rachel Ray? What you got against her?
laugh.gif
Rachel can ******* suck it.

And no, not literally, I would be so mad if she got anywhere near my junk
Lucky for me, I don't give a **** what that guy says, so I can keep typing.
pimp.gif
At the end of the day, this is what really matters

srs 
laugh.gif

I was a wing in organized ball, but always played the point in pickup ball.

A pass first point, at that. (Thank you Magic) :wink:

Sadly, I'm white, and therefore, was not going to cut it in college.....wait, actually, I probably would have flourished in college ball. Doh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I had my choice, I'd definitley had been a SG or SF.

But alas...

Yea Rck, I can't stand Rachel Ray either.
I never understood how she was on tv for healthy eating, nutrition, and whatnot but she was always chubby/fat as hell? :lol:

But I imagine the juicebox might be talkin about something ...anyway back to the Lakers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom