[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
who do you believe franc? his intention was to rep you (probably), but he thought the flag looked like a thumbs up from where he was sitting (2 inches from screen)

:lol

so as the lakers get ready for the playoffs, who currently on the roster do they keep

Things always change. (For instance do we chase Love, or draft Randle in June?, etc)

For right now, I go with youth+ cheap + versatile.

Wes is cheap, and versatile, still in late 20's.
X is young, and cheap, and a little versatile.
Marshall is cheap, and young. (his shooting is regressing tho, which worries me)
Kelly, young, cheap, versatile (maybe)
Sacre, young, cheap, 7 footer.

Meeks, I have after these 3. Still young enough, maybe cheap enough, but not versatile at all. Still, love the way he plays.
Farmar. Getting older, and more expensive, and worries me with injuries. But I would keep if he stays cheap.
Bazemore isn't as young as I'd like, but he efforts, and is cheap, I would take a flier, depending on how many guards we are left with. For instance, if we got Exum, plus Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Farmar, Marshall, I don't need Baze.

Hill, Kaman, Pau, Nash, Young, Young again, Nick Young, Swaggy Get off My Roster Young P, and NY can all kick rocks.

oops. let me ask again. who do the lakers keep long term 8o . ex: when lebron and westbrook are on the lakers. or is no one on the roster seen being a laker for more than 3 yrs.

Bro. You're the one who has personally told me NOT to take things so serious.

You've told me to not be so sensitive, not
Blow the lid over little things whether it's debates with CP or anything in general.

I clearly did not want to engage in a debate about lil Wayne because I didn't want you to think I was defending him. I could care less about lil wayne, I just like that one album.
He's trash now.
laugh.gif

My pet peeve is someone giving me advice,
Me following it, and then being told I'm ducking out of embarrassment...

CMONNNNN, man.

I was trying to let it go.
I thought you'd respect if anything my resistance to respond angry or sensitively to something that wasn't that big of a deal, not frustrated
mean.gif
Really? That's your pet peeve?

Like when people ask about pet peeves, you go "I hate when someone is giving me advice, I follow it, and then get told I'm ducking out of embarrassment..."?

But you said Wayne is trash now, so we're good.

*repped*

*or flagged*

*whatever*

(Just want to reiterate something I said the other day about people really not being able to handle me in person. So many of you would straight up think I'm an absolute jerk in person, if you don't already)

Last edited:
Those are who I keep long(er) term. The younger, cheaper, still developing guys. That's how I answered your question.

the problem around these parts are not who to keep but who wants to stay |I

Bazemore wants to stay :hat

Last edited:
so as the lakers get ready for the playoffs, who currently on the roster do they keep 8o
KEEP:
Kobe, by default.
Nash, I'd keep him around for another season as opposed to using the stretch provision.
Sacre, plays hard and is a serviceable backup center on a cheap contract.
Kelly, seems like a decent piece for the future.
Marshall, his numbers are/were a bit inflated, but he's cheap for another season.
Bazemore, he seems like a serviceable fourth wing on the bench.

50/50:
Meeks, Young, Henry, Hill and Farmar all fall under the same boat; I liked what I saw from them, but it all depends on how much money and years they want. More than likely, they're all gone. Or at least three to four of them will be.

BYE:
Pau, sorry but he has to go at this point.
Kaman, hated the signing from the start.
Johnson, frankly he stinks. His only saving grace is he's 6'8 and shares the same agent as Kobe.
Brooks, :lol

Last edited:
the problem around these parts are not who to keep but who wants to stay
tired.gif

Bazemore wants to stay
pimp.gif
Kobe

And...

... and ummm...

*tumbleweeds*

OH! And MDA.

And then... uhhhh...

... wait, Swaggy P said he wants to stay, which may or may not have negative effects on CP and Kane.

Let's see, who else?

We counting ushers, ticket folks, team store personnel? Or just the players? 
ohwell.gif

KEEP:
Kobe, by default.
Nash, I'd keep him around for another season as opposed to using the stretch provision.
Sacre, plays hard and is a serviceable backup center on a cheap contract.
Kelly, seems like a decent piece for the future.
Marshall, his numbers are/were a bit inflated, but he's cheap for another season.
Bazemore, he seems like a serviceable fourth wing on the bench.

50/50:
Meeks, Young, Henry, Hill and Farmar all fall under the same boat; I liked what I saw from them, but it all depends on how much money and years they want. More than likely, they're all gone. Or at least three to four of them will be.

BYE:
Pau, sorry but he has to go at this point.
Kaman, hated the signing from the start.
Johnson, frankly he stinks. His only saving grace is he's 6'8 and shares the same agent as Kobe.
Brooks,
laugh.gif
IDK, I'd keep Hill and Farmar forsure

Bro. You're the one who has personally told me NOT to take things so serious.

You've told me to not be so sensitive, not

Blow the lid over little things whether it's debates with CP or anything in general.

I clearly did not want to engage in a debate about lil Wayne because I didn't want you to think I was defending him. I could care less about lil wayne, I just like that one album.

He's trash now. :lol

My pet peeve is someone giving me advice,

Me following it, and then being told I'm ducking out of embarrassment...

CMONNNNN, man.

I was trying to let it go.

I thought you'd respect if anything my resistance to respond angry or sensitively to something that wasn't that big of a deal, not frustrated :{
Really? That's your pet peeve?

Like when people ask about pet peeves, you go "I hate when someone is giving me advice, I follow it, and then get told I'm ducking out of embarrassment..."?

But you said Wayne is trash now, so we're good.

*repped*

*or flagged*

*whatever*

(Just want to reiterate something I said the other day about people really not being able to handle me in person. So many of you would straight up think I'm an absolute jerk in person, if you don't already)

wouldnt mind grabbing some lunch with ska.

Those are who I keep long(er) term. The younger, cheaper, still developing guys. That's how I answered your question.

ah, got it. for some reason i thought you answered for just the 2014/15 season but you answered in longer terms. what if kobe wants to sign a 1 yr contract after his current contract is up?

the problem around these parts are not who to keep but who wants to stay |I

Bazemore wants to stay :hat

i like bazemore.

so as the lakers get ready for the playoffs, who currently on the roster do they keep 8o

No one.
tumblr_lnddfo3NDi1qgt53mo1_r1_500.gif

really? you would get rid of everyone. had pants wants to rebuild from the ground up. dont even blame you bruh :{

what if kobe wants to sign a 1 yr contract after his current contract is up?

At the low low price of 97 hundred million dollars? No thanks. (if he wants a 1 year, 5 mil deal, sure)

P, you hear the Isiah Thomas interview on ESPN radio earlier today? He tried to pawn off his Knick tenure on Mike D'Antoni, said Eddy Curry was doin just fine til MDA came along and ruined Isiah's plans. :lol

He cited Curry, Dwight, and Pau all hating Mike's system. :lol If Detroit goes from Dumars to Thomas, just contract them now and save the anguish. My God.

carter II > any pac album

srs

actually srs

pac has better hits, but not a single album i can listen to front to back

At least someone else understands how great Tha Carter 2 was.

If you actually listen to it, it's great music.
From front to back. Only song that wasn't so great was fireman, but that was obviously for the radio. Wayne had a lot of soulful songs on there.

It's a shame he fell off so badly. :{
**** he makes now is straight garbage.

But yeah.

If we are going to discuss PAC (why not?)...

What are your favorite PAC songs?

Ambitionz az a ridaaaah :hat
Hail Mary :hat

Last edited:
pretty much the songs on his greatest hits album plus a few others are the only pac songs worth listening to, 80% of his music is forgettable

the rap game's greatest volume shooter (sorry Jay Z)

Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation 41m
This story got me thinking. Would fans want Derek Fisher as the next Lakers head coach should they decide to go in a different direction?

These dudes blatantly stealing ideas from my posts in here. :{

Ska. Hopefully SenorRoboto and Seamans cosigns will influence you to give Tha Carter 2 a spin. :hat

trust. Wayne is trash now, we all know that.
We wouldn't bring up that album if it wasn't great hip hop, it legit was soulful, well written and well produced all the way through out.

Oh No :hat
Receipt :hat
Hustler Muzik :hat
The Intro and Outro :hat

Last edited:
Hold on hold on hold on

I'm not co-signing anything :lol

I'm not putting my name to anything Lil' Wayne even if I probably should

Last edited:
i would say pac is more universally likable, some of his songs are classics that everyone enjoys

if you're someone that doesnt like wayne, you wont like any of his music

I meant C2 was probably better than any Pac album especially since Pac's music doesn't age well

I can't sit here and think of a Pac album I would swear is better than C2 because of that.

But I'm not gonna actually make the comparisons in my head because I'm never willing to admit it :lol

So no co-sign ;)

Back
Top Bottom