[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
So who.......should be accountable for bad defense....we got younger and quicker on the perimeter. We have enough guys above 6'10"(hill/pau/sacre/kelly/kaman). So who gets the blame. What..or who...is the primary cause for this..and how do u fix it. There are squads that win ugly with less offensive talent but win ugly.(not all time, just that when thr shots arent falling, they still have a chance). Whats the answer.

^ I don't know the answer to that IS, but I do know who the answer definitely is NOT. :lol:

So who.......should be accountable for bad defense....we got younger and quicker on the perimeter. We have enough guys above 6'10"(hill/pau/sacre/kelly/kaman). So who gets the blame. What..or who...is the primary cause for this..and how do u fix it. There are squads that win ugly with less offensive talent but win ugly.(not all time, just that when thr shots arent falling, they still have a chance). Whats the answer.

To be honest.. Bad offense leading to bad defense.

We honestly are pretty good at guarding the 3.

Bad rim protection + easy transition off of inexperienced/dumb turnovers.

How do you fix it? *Shrugs*

Last edited:
100% true..but ive seen alot of gms this yr that when laker shots r falling..it turns into the proverbial shootout...and were unable to sustain a lead...nor can we extend leads. Easy buckets...poor rotations...etc...whats the answer...sign monroe and draft embiid? Will that somewhat fix it?

I dunno..im out of answers, man.

100% true..but ive seen alot of gms this yr that when laker shots r falling..it turns into the proverbial shootout...and were unable to sustain a lead...nor can we extend leads. Easy buckets...poor rotations...etc...whats the answer...sign monroe and draft embiid? Will that somewhat fix it?

I dunno..im out of answers, man.

Answer this... Is Nick "Swaggy P" Young a #1 option for a good team.

Is Kendall Marshall a reliable Starting PG for a good team?

Is Jodie Meeks a reliable Starting SG for a good team?

I get Jodie & Swaggy are playing really good basketball.

That's why the shots don't always fall.

As for defense. There really is not one player on this team known for defense. We can recover on the 3 and contest, but we can't play pick and roll because there isn't a mobile big. Or someone who protects the rim. Robert Sacre is honestly our best defensive player.

Rob sacre is our best defensive front court player.

Well, that pretty much answers it.

No he's the best defensive player on the entire team. :lol:

Bright side, Robert Sacre is playing near a league average level.. Which for 60th pick is ******g amazing.

He's actually the highest performing 2nd round pick of 2012 draft. Not sure that is saying much. But kudos Robert Sacre.

Last edited:
And another Turiaf. :smokin
iNgHNl8LMXYfD.gif

tumblr_me4p6ybXCa1qlmqp7o1_400.gif

Tupac, welcome back.

Which season was it where you shot the half court shot at the laker game?

Maybe you can turn around the misfortunes.

The season before we got Dwight. April 6th 2012 vs the rockets....

I don't think i can turn around much...but I can still root and watch my squad no matter how much it hurts sometimes. I'm just ready to get back to cali for good so I don't have to miss any more games.

I actually agree with Yeezus :/

this is the kinda squad that can catch teams off guard. Like essential said, our scrubs are doing a great job of competing with playoff teams for 3/4 quarters. Kobe was starting to look like himself in the Memphis game. He had some vintage moves but the shot wasn't falling, he was about a week away from getting into form.

if any of the teams ahead of us get hurt we can stay close enough to make a push in the second half of the season. The team will just be getting it's rhythm. you never know but on paper and when healthy this is a very balanced roster. Perimeter d will improve when we have more bodies, there is still no rim protection.

Dec 8th, 10-9
Jan 8th 14-22

That's a 4-13 record in 1 month. :lol:

The 4 wins against the Bobcats, Jazz, Grizz without Gasol or Conley, and the T-Wolves.

8 of the next 9 games are on the road. 3 of those on the 2nd of a back to back.

When they get back home, they face Indiana :lol:

That could easily be a 2-8 ten game stretch.

In March, if you want to sell me that Kobe X, and Blake and Farmar will be back fighting for wins, we will face At Portland, New Orleans, The Clippers, at Denver, two straight against OKC, and then 2 straight against the Spurs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guys, don't do this to yourselves. Read the tea leaves. Understand the rest of the league, not just our team. By the time those guards come back, Pau will be on fumes. Nick Young will have played more minutes than ever. Kendall Marshall, Wes, the same.

We don't have to tank, it's just going to happen. Now you just need to hope that the Kings keep trying to win, or that Trey Burke keeps screwing up the Jazz and getting wins for no reason. Then the East bottom feeders will start to face each other, meaning at least 2-3 of them start to get extra meaningless wins.

In no time, we could find ourselves in that top 6-7, and with a few (un)lucky breaks, the top 5.

Embrace it folks.

The lack of defense recently is really comprised of the lack of legs on the floor. Its one thing to have a 7 or 8 man rotation on a 12 man roster but it's different when u have the same rotation on 8 or 9 guy roster.

This is where MDA's wild, stubborn, cowboy attitude shows b/c he still hasn't slowed the tempo down to get in more half court sets both offensively and defensively.

At least I get to watch my future franchise SF King Melo try out for the Lakeshow tonight at 8 :smokin

It would be nice to get a top 3 pick I just don't see it happening. We are going to suck hard but if/when we get healthy we are going to just barely make/miss the playoffs. Clippers lost cp3 who knows what other injuries might happen, there are always twists and turns. I don't fear Denver or New Orleans. Our success is largely dependent on other teams having bad luck, I'll admit that.

I didn't even mention the part about Kobe may not be back til after the All Star break, everyone assumed he would "never" tank, and would play balls out to try and win games, well, if we're 10-12 games out of the 8th seed by then, why exactly would he play balls out coming off 2 injuries to his legs? :nerd:

Kobe loves the game. But he knows they ain't do **** in 2014. He can get his legs strong, get his shape right, scores some baskets to walk down Mike, and know that we could end up with a top 5-7 pick to help him, + sign a FA, and try to do somethin better in 2014-15.

He ain't comin back this year to lead some charge. Why would he want to get a 12th pick and finish 5 back of the 8 seed?

Read the tea leaves......

one other thing is that kobe was playing 45 minutes a game for the final 10 games of the season last year just for us to make the playoffs, with nothing to play for hes getting at most 33 minutes a game

Cp I get what you're saying but if that was the case he wouldn't have re-upped for 48 mil. Dude is playing for his legacy at this point. He's one away from accomplishing what he set out to do in the first place and after the ankle and now the knee he knows he can't count on waiting until next year and if he is really depending on some 19 year old to help him win a chip he might as well not come back at all. The rest of these guys are playing for their livelihood, they could care less about helping a team and hurting their chances of getting paid when they might be gone next season.

We'll see how it goes but I really think a top 5 pick is out the question

personally, last season was the toughest to watch. this season was expected even tho i had predicted them to go over .500 if we had a healthy roster :lol: :pimp:

hes who I would want us to draft

Going from 9th worst to 5th bumps us from 1.4% chance of winning to 7.5% thats about five times more likely

After watching some highlights on him .. dude is really looking like a young Olajuwon out there

Back
Top Bottom