Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With DJ going back to the Clippers, the Lakers are one Rudy Gobert injury away from competing for the 8th seed.
I like the Suns, but I'm not sold on them winning some crazy amount of games.

Really just depends on how good Russell is right away.

Guarantees:
Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers
Pelicans, Grizzlies, Rockets

Western conference "tiers" for the 8th seed.

Top tier:
Jazz
Suns

Middle tier:
Mavs
Kings
Nuggets
Blazers
Lakers

Not yet:
T'Wolves

Kings - will win games with George Karl. Doesn't mean I think they're a good team, but they'll definitely win games.
Mavs - with a Wes, Parsons and Dirk core isn't too impressive, but Coach Carlisle will win some games.
Nuggets - Gallo coming back will help. Gallo/Mudiay/Chandler/Faried/Nurkic... not bad. They'll compete every night. Don't think they'll compete for a playoff spot, but they'll win a good amount of games.
Blazers - Wildcard. Not gunna make the playoffs but no idea how many wins they get. If Dame gets hurt, this can get ugly quickly.

T'Wolves - too young. Might win 5-10 more games than last year.

There is a chance.

I want to believe!

I think it can be done, but i'll have my expectations at learning season for the youngsters

So all it took was a 2nd round pick to get Ray McCallum from Sacramento?! Damn, wish we nabbed him

I want to believe that we are a playoff team but we have to let the young guns grow. Clarkson took a huge leap this past season so it's real exciting to see where he goes from there. With all the guys we have playing in summer league, it's looking bright (The Future).

So all it took was a 2nd round pick to get Ray McCallum from Sacramento?! Damn, wish we nabbed him

No that's all it took for the Spurs to steal him. :frown:

For us probably more.

People never realize that when they deal with Spurs, they get fleeced. Sans Splitter trade.

Way I see the west...

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Thunder
6. Grizzles
7. Pelicans
8. Jazz

9. Suns
T-10. Kings
T-10. Wolves (A Rubio injury that will likely happen, will push us in front of them).
T-10. Lakers
13. Nuggets (Lawson & Faried trade will happen at some point this season, it just has to, they've been trying to trade them, somebody has to bite sooner or later)
14. Mavs
15. Blazers

I really don't see much separation between Lakers & Wolves. Similar teams in terms of construct. Mixture of old and young. Both have bright futures. Kings have better names, but the fit isn't great. I'm giving them benefit of the doubt with names. I just really can't pick one over the others, so they're all tied to me.

I think 42 wins gets you in this year. Have us at about 32-35wins.

Last edited:
Russell would have to be Lillard-level good and Randle would have to be Draymond-level good to have a shot at the playoffs.

I already said 40 wins. We get 40. Get that 9th spot. But we will be in the hunt for that 8th spot.
It would require Kobe staying relatively healthy tho. And it would require Hibbert to continue to be a dominant interior defender and maybe prove he has life still.
If DLo and Randle do their rookie duties it will happen. And I believe it will.
I think Kobe and Byron gets the hint. This may be Kobe's last so they gonna play it out smooth with him, especially with all this young talent on the squad.
We have a chance boys! :smokin

Well I personally never said we will make the playoffs. And I have stated that us having a shot at the playoffs is contingent on a lot. Everything will have to perfect for us.
That never really happens so we will most likely land 9th/10th.
But if Kobe can stay healthy and Russell n Randle can come out as Co-ROY
And Hibbert can come to life and stay a defensive presence....
We have a shot.
Buuuuuut all of that is highly unlikely of occurring. I am just choosing to stay positive about the season.

Some of you dudes... :lol:

playoffs-o.gif

I already said 40 wins. We get 40. Get that 9th spot. But we will be in the hunt for that 8th spot.
It would require Kobe staying relatively healthy tho. And it would require Hibbert to continue to be a dominant interior defender and maybe prove he has life still.
If DLo and Randle do their rookie duties it will happen. And I believe it will.
I think Kobe and Byron gets the hint. This may be Kobe's last so they gonna play it out smooth with him, especially with all this young talent on the squad.
We have a chance boys! :smokin

None of this matters.

You're friends with DJ's agent's daughter. Give us the inside info about what happened yesterday. Get your Broussard on.

Last edited:
Lol all I said was there is a chance to compete for the 8th seed. Don't think they'll make it, but there is a chance. I have em winning around 35 games. 8th seed is looking at 42-45 wins.

None of this matters.

You're friends with DJ's agent's daughter. Give us the inside info about what happened yesterday. Get your Broussard on.
You got an issue speak up kid
Last time I checked DJ never realistically even considered the Lakers like I said.
But you good tho? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom