LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

frown.gif
Man this is deja vu all over again. Lakers get off to another great start and then whammy, another crucial injury. Same exact time it happened last year.

LAKERS of 2000-2003 era will always be remembered in my heart. The three peats runs, Shaq in his prime, Horry 3's, Kobe clutch, the joy of smashing everyopponents in the playoff and destroying the Blazers, the Kings franchise. lol. Man i missed those moments.

That Seattle deal would be REAL nice, but I don't see them doing anything without asking for one of our young point guards. Think about how much theywould love to add either Farmar or Javaris to Green and Durant. That would be 3 young solid players to build around for 8 - 10 years.
eek.gif
I don't see anything happening there.

moral support...lol...its just December... Kwame has some quick feet, I'm glad he's back...but hope Bynum doesn't go into his shell. Stayaggressive young fella!

hell yea Mitch, lookin like a genius right now...ariza better now get injured, he can fly...Lakers haven't had some big that can fly in a long time....imexcited

Sasha is expandable and I hope the Lakers lock Bynum up long term sometime this year

Here's my all-time Lakers starting lineup (that I've seen):

PG- Doug Christie
SG- Terry Teagle
SF- George McCloud
PF- Pig Miller
C- Travis Knight

If varejao comes over for 1 mill a season then yeah. Besides that. HELL NO!

Whats funny is he wants 10 mill a season and nobody is going to pay him that. Nobody is even going to come close. He should have taken the deal the cavs put upcuzz we would have made some decent paper. He is acting like he was doing what bron was doing in the playoffs...

Quote:
Shaq was dominant... no, DOMINANT... D.O.M.I.N.A.N.T. at Bynum's age. What's Bynum? Just turned 20? Shaq was schooling the pants off people at LSU when he had just turned 20, and in a few months, he would be getting ready to become the #1 overall draft pick by the Magic, where he would come in and start ripping down entire structures (ask Derrick Coleman or Charles Barkley how it looked from close-up).

Like goldenarmz said, Bynum's cool and all, and I like what I'm seeing from the young fella, but let's not get carried away.

right on point ska...

Quote:
Funny thing is, that article has completely nothing to do with how well the Lakers have been playing.

So far Kobe has kept his mouth shut 3 games into the season.

That trash of an article is nothing more than to slander Kobe to just keep beating the dead horse.
LAKERS 49ERS DODGERS ATHLETICS​

mindgames by phil!!!!

but yes i would give bynum his money end of year if hes contributing. dont insult the big man! hopefully he's l ike al jefferson and doesnt demand maxmoney.

if not, and he becomes restricted FA, we can match any offer.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by tupac003

^ I didn't get the pro cut I got the swingman. That's all I saw there but when I saw a 4xl I had to scoop it because I was told that they didn't make them. I just wonder if they make the shooting jacket in a 4xl.

Lakers fans...

I know I wanted a J. Kidd deal....now I am thinking this roster is pretty good. We could trade kwame because we have been doing well without him but i do know that if a J. Kidd deal did happen it can not include farmar. Give them crit but famar must stay.
I'm telling you Kwame's expiring contract + pick for Ron Artest
You can actually do that deal straight up. Kwame makes more then ron ron....
roll.gif
. Only thing is why would sac make that deal?

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

8 weeks is a damn long time.........but all they have to do is make the playoffs and go into them healthy and they SHOULD be ok

We thought that last year. We were pretty healthy by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Here's why Kidd won't become a Laker... ever:

I want it too bad.
frown.gif

Mother Nature knows that a hole in the universe would be created if one person gets TOO much of what they want, so this will never happen.

laugh.gif

Nah, but seriously... y'all remember that year Garnett was going to the Lakers?

Then the next year?

And the year after?

And he was supposed to arrive at Staples again the year after that?

And the next.

Boy, those sure were fun days when Garnett was a Laker, huh?

Yeah, not happening.

I really really don't want to see farmar leave. That kids 3 point shot has just been butter lately and he has hit some big shots. But a big 3 of kidd lamarand kobe sounds great. But I really don't see how this deal works unless they throw walton or somebody else in. Kidd makes too much.

Just tired the trade in the trade machine and farmar, brown and walton doesn't work. Still need 4 mil to send out for it to work. And if this does happen Ihope we can pick up a PJ brown type of player. I don't want ronnie backing up bynum. He just isn't big enough. Love him to death but we have to keep itreal.

I think if Kwame can be re-signed for another 2 years - cheap, IMO he's a solid backup for bynum.

Mind you, I said backup. His defense and body is what we need, we all know he's lost on offense, but we don't need him to score. People keep sayingwe're waiting for kwame to bust out and have superstar like numbers .... that will never happen kwame is a backup, that's all he'll ever be.

what other big body backup can we have for bynum? Mihm - hell no. Name a center we can get cheap?

I still want Kidd.

Early season success has not been foreign to us the past few years; we've had solid October through February seasons. But the postseason? Kobe is the onlyguy to fear in the postseason, and that's not working for us. In my opinion, we're not a Finals contending team, and we would be with Kidd.

Also we have to see how Andrew Bynum physicaly holds up and how he plays during the second half of the season.The question can he continue like he is currently or is he going to hit the wall and drop off like he did last year after the allstar break? The same question can also be asked about Jordan Farmar.
Also, concerned about that too. The mental and physical fatigue factor.
Cus the last two seasons has been a roller coaster ride for the Lakers and the fans. We once dreamed on how this team can mold the 96-97 Bulls,and hoping Lamar would develop into Pippen, Kwame to a Rodman, dumb Smush for heady PG, have shooters on the perimeter like Kerr, and have a tall effective biglike the Bulls championship runs.

Although, none of those things have come to fruition, so theres a sense of failure and doubt for the fans. However, this season we're starting to see thedevelopment and chemistry of the team. They will never be the Bulls or even close to them. But the guys on this squad are making the best of the theirabilities and talent, if the wins keep piling and we gain more momentum, the fans will be less skeptical about the development of the team. It really takes a10+ game winning streak to shatter the notion that this team is in still in development. And as fans, we want that to happen more than anything, even thoughits a just a streak in the reg season, it really a mark for championship caliber teams. And if the streak happens, let the bandwagon begin....
laugh.gif

With kwame's contract comes off the books we will have a little space. But this offseason is going to be crazy. If the lakers re-sign kwawe and it ain't for less then 1 mil a season, I will have lost all faith in our front office.

I don't know if yall were paying attention to ric bucher last night but he made it sound like jerry west was ready to come back to basketball. I know jerry isn't jesus but he is better then mitch. I want jerry back in our franchise in any way shape or form.

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

word is 4-8 weeks from Gumbygld at CL. No ligament damage or surgery needed. He's a fairly reliable source, more details will be released later to the press.
just read this on lakersground. i don't how true it is. but if this is true that means he is going to miss the road game trip at the end of the month.

Just a rumor.

On 570AM they were reporting that the MRI exam hasnt even been done yet today @ Lakers headquarters in El Segundo.

I have NBA League Pass Broadband but not NBATV, so I can't watch this game.

Both teams will be in throwbacks too.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom