LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

I would take Wilcox and Thomas for Sasha, Kwame, and Cadet in a HEARTBEAT.

- we're perfectly fine at the point (bye, Sasha)
- get rid of one post player; bring in two post players (bye, Kwame)
- give Vlad Rad's 3-pt attempts to Lamar, Farmar, Fish, and Kobe (bye, Cadet)

I was reading another post earlier about Kobe not going off for 45+ this season, and every niketalker waging in on wether they missed that kind of offensiveoutbursts or not, I do miss it, but seeing the lakers playing like this makes me so much happier, I mean, to have Bill Walton say we are the second best teamin the west really lifts my spirits, (although I don´t buy into that stuff, esp. when Bill says it) the fact that there is hype for the lakeshow once morereally gets my juices flowing, adding the fact that we didn't have to trade kobe makes it even sweeter, I even heard Ric Bucher say @ the detroit vs dallasgame last night that he talked to kobe recently and he said he was really happy and comfortable with the team.

believe me guys, words can't express how pumped up I am about my fav. team right now..... Go Lakers.....

^^ The only thing that scares me at the moment is the 12 road games vs. 3 home games in February.

That will be the truest test if there was ever going to be one.

Also we have to see how Andrew Bynum physicaly holds up and how he plays during the second half of the season.The question can he continue like he is currently or is he going to hit the wall and drop off like he did last year after the allstar break? The same question can also be asked about Jordan Farmar.
Also, concerned about that too. The mental and physical fatigue factor.

So that means less bums on the squad...We already got rid of 2 bums so why not get rid of another 2.

Question is, what other team can we fool?
laugh.gif

I'm glad you feel like a big man for passing me tissue......

I didn't say "give him away"
I said, trade Odom for Artest
And Trade Bynum for JO

That makes us a contender, people were against that, judging from your response ima guess you were one of them

I hate watching my favorite team not play well.....as much as I want to be optimistic I have to be realistic.....this team sucks badly, and will quickly beeliminated from the 1st round of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by knightngale

kobe has a quad tear? damn
frown.gif
From the LA Times

Bryant was further slowed after sustaining a slight tear in his left quadriceps while spinning along the baseline midway through the fourth quarter. He said he would play Sunday against the Clippers, but said his injury "felt like I was shot."

From ESPN:

Bryant insisted he'll be ready to play Sunday against the Clippers,
and he scoffed at the notion Golden State had finally turned this matchup into a rivalry.
"This is nothing. This is like slap-boxing," Bryant said. "For a real rivalry, you have to match up in the playoffs. The regular season is nothing."
If its a tear he shouldn't play. Let him get healthy.

From the LA times.

Odom cost the Lakers with a clumsy effort. He had the ball knocked away on a half-hearted drive, recovered it and hoisted an off-balance shot with 39.1 seconds left. It missed badly, glancing awkwardly off the backboard
Ain't that the truth....
mad.gif

I'd be happy if we get Julian Wright
eek.gif
and only for Vujacic too!

From what i've seen when he was in Kansas, he's a do it all type forward, in the mold of a Jeff Green, a raw version...decent handles, good rebounder,athletic...but lacks the perimeter game at this point in his career. He was projected to go top 10 in the past draft but as we all know, the draft had depthwhich caused him to slip to NOH.

smh.gif

I don't think kobe has it in him this year to carry us like that since his jumper has been on vacation all year.
Another thing is that Bynum will probably gain some weight and when he comes back it will take him some time to get used to the speed of the game again.

Kwame
grin.gif

^ I feel you Lamar. The roster is good but I wouldn't mind a slight tweek or two. Another big man since mhim stays hurt and if the right deal came alongsomething for another scorer for the secound unit.

KB8sandiego wrote:
thejrob wrote:
I know this is random but I have been a huge fan my whole life and this year I even have season tickets, but I have never figured out who this guy is.

He goes to every single game and sits on the floor. White guy, seems to know everybody, and always has a paper rolled up that he claps with. I know he must be rollin and that hes famous in some way.

If anyone knows thanks its been botherin me lately.

I've been wondering who the hell this guy is for quite some time now too. I remember seeing a video before the season started of fans talking about the Lakers and being a fan. Low and behold, that same fool with the rolled up paper is there. Smacking his hand with it.

Also, the old Asian lady with the big glasses.

I always wanted to know also
laugh.gif

Wasn't that guy with the rolled up newspaper on the intro video to lakers.com last month?

2 elite starters + role playing starters + decent bench > 1 elite starter + role playing starters + stellar bench

[h1]Bryant to Chicago? That's just a lot of wind[/h1]
Bulls, Lakers to meet at Staples Center tonight, and everywhere Kobe looks there's a potential future teammate. But forget about a deal.

November 18 2007

Just think, both of Kobe Bryant's favorite teams together on the same floor!

Yes, it's the Lakers and the Bulls, in whatever order he has them, who will meet tonight as both teams continue to figure out where they're going.

Everywhere Kobe looks, there's a potential future teammate!

It's not true but I don't want to get in anyone's way with the media set to climb all over the event like ants at a picnic and for the same reason: It's there.

Actually, despite the continued yearning of Bulls fans, Bryant's remote chance of going to Chicago ended two weeks ago.

Having seen talks that were only exploratory and brief mushroom out of control, General Manager John Paxson is now reportedly focusing on lower-key players like Memphis' Pau Gasol in deals that won't make headlines for a week.

Happy with his uncomplicated, up-and-coming young team, Paxson just wanted to know if the Lakers were holding a fire sale like Minnesota's for Kevin Garnett.

Aside from that, the Bulls weren't interested. Having sold all their seats through the terrible post-Michael Jordan years, they're not risk-takers.

They're also 180 degrees removed from the level of drama they featured in their dynastic days. Now they get upset about Ben Wallace's headband.

Unfortunately, Paxson's young team emerged from a week of trade rumors looking as if it had seen its own ghost. Meanwhile the diverse opinions Bulls fans first expressed about Bryant coalesced into a single plea:

When will Kobe be here?

When the Bulls lost their home opener to Philadelphia, fans started chanting "Kobe! Kobe!" No one expected that to last but no one expected the Bulls to keep losing.

At 0-4, the Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson wrote that the chants were "now as much a part of home games as Benny the Bull."

"As hard as we work as a team," said Luol Deng, "to hear boos and the 'Kobes' when we're losing that much, it definitely hurts. I think since I've been in the NBA, this is the lowest I've felt."

The players were even happy to head out on their dread circus trip. Said Kirk Hinrich: "We're excited just to be on the road. There's a lot of stuff kind of going on here in Chicago."

It was still going on, too. Last week a Sun-Times gossip columnist noted Bryant "may be purchasing basketball legend Michael Jordan's massive home in Highland Park."

Meanwhile, back on Kobe's current team . . .

With Jordan Farmar and Andrew Bynum continuing to improve, the team Bryant is already on could grow into the best option he'll ever have.

Not that Kobe will soon concede that point, which would mean everything he said last summer didn't just embarrass him, he was wrong on top of it.

Now there are two Kobes. The one you see is an exemplary player and teammate. The one nobody sees is still looking for a way out.

Bryant now freezes out the entire Los Angeles press corps except for routine basketball stuff or to make a public show of something. If any real feelings get out, it's through one of his confidantes with the Worldwide Leader in Sports.

These days we watch ESPN the way the CIA watched the Soviet leadership atop Lenin's Tomb on May Day.

Last week ESPN's Ric Bucher recycled an old story that Kobe had knocked down a Detroit-Lakers trade, which carried the absurd suggestion the Lakers had agreed to take Rip Hamilton, who's 29, and Tayshaun Prince, who's 27.

Bucher then worked as the sideline reporter for Friday's Lakers-Pistons telecast, where the story was briefly mentioned but laid off on a Detroit radio station.

Of more interest was Bucher's conclusion:

"I was told today that as of now Kobe's distrust of the front office remains and he would like to be playing for a championship elsewhere."

Bucher set himself up last summer when he announced Kobe would never wear a Lakers uniform again. However, having known Ric a long time, there's one thing I'm sure of:

He's not making this stuff up.

He's close enough to Bryant to get it firsthand or, at Kobe's direction, from Rob Pelinka, Bryant's agent.

Bucher isn't allowed to quote them, which can leave him dangling, especially if he takes them at their word, which they often overstate.

Nevertheless, exposed as he was through Bryant's rescinded vows of summer and the failed trades of fall, Bucher keeps coming back with stuff about what Kobe's thinking, which I believe.

Lakers officials now insist they're even more resolved to keep Bryant -- but no one from Jerry Buss down will come out and say he's not going anywhere this season.

If they're trying to keep Bryant from getting upset, I don't think it's working.

Buss may not be decisive but Bryant is. As long as they leave the door open, Kobe can keep intriguing -- give me this again, he distrusts them? -- to get to the "elsewhere" of his dreams.

As far as Lakers fans are concerned, they can't tell whether it's the best of times or the worst of times and they may not find out for a long time.

Or they may get the bad news tonight on "SportsCenter."

In the meantime, everyone lives moment to moment. This is what we're left with: The Season the Lakers Walked on Eggs.

^
From what I heard the HWC jerseys are only swingman. But I could be wrong.

Thinking back upon that Kwame/Caron trade, if we never traded Caron, we'd have a nasty starting line up.

Fish
Kobe
Caron
Lamar
Bynum

pimp.gif

I ain't going to lie man, before they put me 6 feet under, I at least have to experience one Laker game watching from the floor.

One day.
ohwell.gif

That would be the day when I have a couple thousand to spare for a game.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Do you think the Lakers will give Bynum 75 mil in 2009?

I would

Show him the money. Don't let him walk the way orlando let shaq walk..(even though that did work out for us)

I just hope when he gets that money he continues to play the way he has been. If he lets that money get to his head, I will hunt him down myself!

Cupcake finally realized what dem Bruins can do!! All we need now is the O'Bannon brothers circa 1995.

Yeah my hopes are a little up and I think this sets the team back to reality. I think we all including the team got ahead of itselves. We can put the Suns awayyes along with the Jazz. But what about the Spurs and the Mavs?

Then the only eastern teams we have to worry about are Detroit and Boston. Even if we make the Finals seeing one of them could crush us. I always feel puttingKobe in the finals is a win, but those two teams seem to have our whole team figured out.

That is where Phil needs to really dig deep with Tex and the staff with solid game plans for a series and ready to make adjustments.

With that, do we have a chance? Yes, but our road to the Finals must be God given like 2006 but they can't blow it.

Bynum for JO? No dice.

I actually think JO is on the downside of his career. As in, decreased stats from here on out.

I like Bynum though. His potential is definitely there and I see why the Lakers are so high on him.
Out

Back
Top Bottom