LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by tupac003

^ It probably isn't but damn thats a nice big 3. Hopefully that keeps kobe happy and in la because I believe right now he will walk after 2009.

Kobe said he's happy with the team right now...
The only thing bad about that Kidd trade is that it leaves us with too many backcourt players and not enough big men. How are we going to find playing time for Kidd, Fisher, and Farmar? Both Fisher and Farmar are doing very well this season.

i think they could start kidd and fish in the back court and move kobe to SF.

Is Crittendon expected to play at all this season absent any injuries to the regular 12 man roster?
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Kwame, Farmar, and picks dont work salary wise.
Radmonivic or Walton also has to be included.
It better be Luke though. Vlad could do big things from 3 playing with Kidd.
I'd also really hate to see Farmar go.
But if you can get Kidd without giving Odom/Bynum you have to do it. That makes us an instant championship contender.

I believe the max extension you could give a rookie after their first contract is 75 mil for 5 years.

After staying quiet about his desire to be traded since the beginning of the season, Kobe Bryant opened up today and confirmed for the first time that the Knicks were on the short list of teams he asked to be traded to this past summer. "They were, yeah," Bryant told a small group of reporters when asked if the Knicks were among the teams for which he'd agree to waive his no-trade clause. After the Knicks and Bulls, Bryant said it was the Mavericks and Suns, marking the first time he has publicly disclosed the list. NY Newsday

Even more intriguing, Bryant said that no teams have been taken off the list, which his agent, Rob Pelinka, formally submitted to Lakers G.M. Mitch Kupchak after Bryant publicly asked to be traded on May 30. NY Newsday

Asked if he removed the Knicks from consideration because of the uncertainty and turmoil churning inside Madison Square Garden, Bryant said, "No, I just kind of pushed everything to the back burner and stopped thinking about trades. "It wasn't something where I was scratching teams off or anything like that. I just stopped thinking about it because once the season got under way, my focus had to be here. It couldn't be split, because I'd be doing a disservice to my teammates." NY Newsday

Asked if the list is still on the backburner and if his formal trade request is still on the table, Bryant said, "Call Mitch Kupchak and see what he thinks about that. I don't get into that. … It's all what Mitch wants to do, really. Mitch and Dr. [Jerry] Buss. It's all on them. They can either trade me or not trade me. It's completely their decision." NY Newsday

When I gave Bryant a chance to say definitively that he no longer wants to be traded, Bryant took a pass. "That's your opinion," he said. "Say what you want to say. I'm not going to address it. I'm not going to address the situation. I'm here to focus on our team and focus on one thing and one thing only and that's the New York Knicks." NY Newsday
Kobe bryant- LIAR LIAR!!!

On Kobe Bryant: The most pointed question was when he was asked to address the perception that if the Lakers' play slips that he'll ask to be traded again. "That's not true," Bryant responded. "That's not the first thing they would be wrong about." Bryant said the "turning point" was a conversation he had with his teammates before the season started in October. Press-Enterprise

"I went to the guys and kind of talked to them about the business side of the game, 'cause the business of basketball a lot times can really mess things up," Bryant said. "I wasn't the only player that was being talked about in trade discussions. Lamar (Odom), he was talked about in trade discussions, as well as some other players. "It was important for them to understand that you have to be able to separate the business of the game and still come out and give maximum effort and focus on doing what you have to do as a professional to move along -- for us, for this team and for our coaches and what we need to do. Once we were able to make that separation, it was very easy from that point forward to just focus on each other and what we have to do to get better." Press-Enterprise

Phil Jackson was asked about his comment about signing a two-year extension not being related to Bryant's situation. "It is related to my relationship with Jeanie Buss most of all," cracked Jackson, referring to his girlfriend, who is the team's executive vice president of business operations and the daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss. Press-Enterprise

the fact that he couldn't put any weight on it at first. If it were a mild sprain, son wouldn't have been acting like his eg just fell off, and he would have at least been able to put SOME weight on it as he was helped off the court.
SKA dont know if you saw the post game press conference when they interviewed Bynum he was standing up and saying he can put pressure and can movehis knee left to right.He also left Staples last night being able to walk and not having to use the crutches that were given to him.I say he's out 2 weeksat the most.

Tune into 570AM today @ 12 noon PST when the loose cannons show air today we should then find out for sure the results of his MRI exam and the prognosis forhow long he will be out.

Link:

http://www.570klac.com/main.html

Click on listen live .

all year i was saying that Bynum should be traded. Forget about it this dude is gonna be a serious problem in a few years.

no on javaris, he will haunt you if he goes to another team. If odom comes back to play against the lakers, i don't mind a few highlights against thelakers, bc you will also get a few more boneheaded questionable plays in there as well.

I don't like Odom but I don't think we need to trade him either. As long as he doesn't touch the ball during crucial moments then it will be ok. Ithink
smh.gif

I couldn't find an article anywhere, but AM 570 just reported that Phil Jackson has accepted a 2-year extension.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

If you guys look at the role that Kobe has now in comparison to....

Shaq at his prime, when he had a young 19 year old kid, named Kobe Bryant.

Now,

Kobe at his prime, waiting for the young 20 year old kid, Andew Bynum to develop.

Kinda weird now that Kobe is the new Shaq, maybe 2 years from now, Bynum will drive Kobe out of town
laugh.gif

j/k. (I hope not)
tongue.gif

Just weird how everything came back full circle.

Yeah, the media is playing up the whole Kobe is Bynum's big brother a la Shaq and Kobe. Next thing you know Kobe is giving Bynum a piggyback ride
laugh.gif

Olowokandi could get past B. Cook.

Right NOW. I'm not talking about Kandiman in his prime (did he have one?), but RIGHT NOW he would have no problem gliding (or tripping) past Brian Cook.

Dude's defense makes me want to inflict pain on people.

There's a reason you can sell his name without the letter 'd'*. His parents just knew back when he was born, "Yeah, you're going to be a decent shooter, but you don't have a defensive bone in your body."

*What's his middle name?
nerd.gif

4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Originally Posted by dyyhard

only a Clipper fan would do this....

[h3]Best Buzzer Beater Ever?[/h3]

[table][tr][td]27th4theHood[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#10[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://27th4theHood.u.yuku.com]

Registered Member

11/19/07 10:49 PM
[/td] [td]
my favorite is DFish, too. Even tho i remember just spazzin after he made it.
eek.gif

damn i forgot about the Horry shot. Wow, i cant choose.

ANGELS BASEBALL
TeamClippers
GET WELL EVERYBODY
nono.gif

Team Saints

Last Edited By: 27th4theHood 11/19/07 10:59 PM. Edited 1 time.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td] [td]
Reply Quote
  • Spam Post
  • Personal Abuse
  • Privacy Violation
  • Copyright Violation
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]

u cant be serious guy how much did i hurt ur feelings that ur doing all this now? wow should iapologize? take it easy there champ.

Thanks for sweating me. Some things never change.

edit:
And before you respond, I'm not trying to incite a riot. SOME fans are actually objective and don't mind trying to see things from ALL sides/angles or read articles from varying perspectives.

Notice I said FANS. Not bandwagon jumpers or diehard "riders". :smile:
smile.gif
Out

lets see if we can trick the knicks into trading david lee for kwame and sasha

I never in a million years thought that anyone would want Cook, and I was proven wrong, so nothing will surprise me anymore..
roll.gif

Ahmed Adudi wrote:
Payton, Kobe, ??, Malone, Shaq =
pimp.gif

How big of a Laker fan can you be if you can't even remember the 5th starter of a team from a few years ago? I mean, I understand not knowingthe lineup of the '79 Lakers, but bro, you're talking about a lineup from barely a few years ago.

Devean George. The 5th starter of your lineup was my dude Devean.
EFIL 4 REKAL wrote:
Here's my all-time Lakers starting lineup (that I've seen):

PG- Doug Christie
SG- Terry Teagle
SF- George McCloud
PF- Pig Miller
C- Travis Knight

Did you miss the first two words of the question? "Lakers fans:"

Or are you back now?

Again?

Oh wait, the Lakers aren't playing that bad; of course you're back.
nerd.gif

jeffrey wrote:
Johnson
Scott
Worthy
Green
Abdul-Jabbar
Xtapolapacetl wrote:
Game over.

I'm going to have to agree with this.

But if we're building an all time line-up, here's mine:
1- Magic
2- West
3- Worthy
4- Kareem
5- Shaq or Chamberlain? Hmmmm... gimme Chamberlain

How long is odom under contract?

We got 10 mil coming off the books with kwame's contract expiring.

Laker fans do we re-sign kwame if its a good deal?

Just got my jersy back from having the patch swen on from my talyor shop....

Sorry for the ninjahood pics but it looks great. This jersey will be worn to the game on the 21st.

With the everything that has gone on so far this season, do you still want to see a deal for JO. What would you give up to get him?
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Originally Posted by DJ CASH FLOW

I would trade Kwame and picks for Marcus Camby since Kwame is going to be a FA
Denver would never give up Camby for that

Yea, i've always noticed this dude watching home games. He is like the permanent opposing team towel boy.
I wouldn't mind having his job either.

Back
Top Bottom