[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by Freeze

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.
Damn straight. This era belongs to the Heat and the Bulls, mainly the Heat. There's been a complete power shift. Lakers will be irrelevant in a few more years. 

for a 3-4 season stretch probably  but time and time again the lakers have found a way to get back in the mix of things.
laugh.gif
and that is why I hate the Lakers
ohwell.gif
I am jealous maybe? Idk

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.
Damn straight. This era belongs to the Heat and the Bulls, mainly the Heat. There's been a complete power shift. Lakers will be irrelevant in a few more years. 

for a 3-4 season stretch probably  but time and time again the lakers have found a way to get back in the mix of things.
laugh.gif
and that is why I hate the Lakers
ohwell.gif
I am jealous maybe? Idk

As much as I don't like Kobe, players like him come literally once a century. When he's gone, Lakers will have to replace him. Basically like the Spurs, they'll need a complete retooling, meaning future first round exits, potentially not making the playoffs, etc. Every team goes through this.
And that's sport. Everything has a shell life. Just enjoy it while you can . I'm just glad i was able to watch Spurs and Lakers success . Talents like Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, etc is hard to replace

As much as I don't like Kobe, players like him come literally once a century. When he's gone, Lakers will have to replace him. Basically like the Spurs, they'll need a complete retooling, meaning future first round exits, potentially not making the playoffs, etc. Every team goes through this.
And that's sport. Everything has a shell life. Just enjoy it while you can . I'm just glad i was able to watch Spurs and Lakers success . Talents like Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, etc is hard to replace

Finally got to a computer and uh...
6f6e5472b625c6930c3b7b1eec372680-getty-113269472mw024_dallas_maver.jpg

But uh...tbh, I still think the Lakers can win this. If for anything, because Stern is gonna want to give them a chance, and you only have to open the door. At least I did...until Phil stop giving a %!%$ and couldn't see the obvious goon stare in Artest's eyes. 

But really Lkaer fans? All those boos already? Just because Kobe and Phil can do it, don't mean you can. And that's when the game was very winnable. You deserve the things people say about Faker fans, because as a Knick fan, I know for damn sure we don't boo until it's looking Osama grim. How it's possible that yall can boo (while the game's right there for the taking) at Gasol in the quickness, because that's what's in and let Odumb off the hook, is beyond me.

That being said, it's probably Mavs in 6.
Once again, yall need a PG, a dependable shooting SF, and a reliable backup for Nobe. Again. Every single summer, you need the same things. And you can't let Phil leaving sucker yall into losing two of your bigs for Dwight. I'd be disgusted if Grant Hill ended up on your team, but I could see it. Who knows. Yall just lost in slow motion and those 'oh I remember this' 3s at the end were just insulting.
laugh.gif

4 of 5, with 3 of the 5 on the road.

but unlike the spurs they have the LA market and while you can argue the Knicks have sucked despite the NY market,  the Lakers have been ran better.   after west and wilt,  they got kareem,  then got magic, after magic they got shaq, and after shaq left in 04 it was supposed to all be over and they were back in the finals in 4 years.   nothing lasts forever but i'd take the Lakers track record in contending again reasonably soon.   when the rebuilding time comes, i', confident they'll get back on track quick.  it doesn't mean more titles but they'll get it turned around in a reasonable time.

but unlike the spurs they have the LA market and while you can argue the Knicks have sucked despite the NY market,  the Lakers have been ran better.   after west and wilt,  they got kareem,  then got magic, after magic they got shaq, and after shaq left in 04 it was supposed to all be over and they were back in the finals in 4 years.   nothing lasts forever but i'd take the Lakers track record in contending again reasonably soon.   when the rebuilding time comes, i', confident they'll get back on track quick.  it doesn't mean more titles but they'll get it turned around in a reasonable time.

Finally got to a computer and uh...
6f6e5472b625c6930c3b7b1eec372680-getty-113269472mw024_dallas_maver.jpg

But uh...tbh, I still think the Lakers can win this. If for anything, because Stern is gonna want to give them a chance, and you only have to open the door. At least I did...until Phil stop giving a %!%$ and couldn't see the obvious goon stare in Artest's eyes. 

But really Lkaer fans? All those boos already? Just because Kobe and Phil can do it, don't mean you can. And that's when the game was very winnable. You deserve the things people say about Faker fans, because as a Knick fan, I know for damn sure we don't boo until it's looking Osama grim. How it's possible that yall can boo (while the game's right there for the taking) at Gasol in the quickness, because that's what's in and let Odumb off the hook, is beyond me.

That being said, it's probably Mavs in 6.
Once again, yall need a PG, a dependable shooting SF, and a reliable backup for Nobe. Again. Every single summer, you need the same things. And you can't let Phil leaving sucker yall into losing two of your bigs for Dwight. I'd be disgusted if Grant Hill ended up on your team, but I could see it. Who knows. Yall just lost in slow motion and those 'oh I remember this' 3s at the end were just insulting.
laugh.gif

4 of 5, with 3 of the 5 on the road.

will the lakers win on friday?  depends if PSN is up by then 
ohwell.gif

i find it kind of unfortunate that i just accepted today's loss as opposed to game 1 where the loss + the wait was frustrating as hell
tired.gif

probably cause game 1 was a nail biter where as game 2 sorta just started slipping away at the start of the 4th

will the lakers win on friday?  depends if PSN is up by then 
ohwell.gif

i find it kind of unfortunate that i just accepted today's loss as opposed to game 1 where the loss + the wait was frustrating as hell
tired.gif

probably cause game 1 was a nail biter where as game 2 sorta just started slipping away at the start of the 4th

Originally Posted by knightngale

AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN KOBE DOESNT TAKE 30 SHOTS

Gasol isnt going to show up this year. I would like the lakers to go out with kobe chucking up 40 shots a game.

laugh.gif

LOLOL.

Where's the stat when kobe takes more than 25 fgs?

Originally Posted by knightngale

AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN KOBE DOESNT TAKE 30 SHOTS

Gasol isnt going to show up this year. I would like the lakers to go out with kobe chucking up 40 shots a game.

laugh.gif

LOLOL.

Where's the stat when kobe takes more than 25 fgs?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Sneakerpro said:

[h6]This year I told told myself I would be humble. Even tried the whole reverse jinx bit. But I can't do it. F the Lakers as a team, a organization and a fanbase. Mavs in 6. They ain't that damn good.[/h6]
In Pac voice "AND IF YOU WANNA BE DOWN WITH [LAKERS], THEN F YOU TOO!" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Sneakerpro said:

[h6]This year I told told myself I would be humble. Even tried the whole reverse jinx bit. But I can't do it. F the Lakers as a team, a organization and a fanbase. Mavs in 6. They ain't that damn good.[/h6]
In Pac voice "AND IF YOU WANNA BE DOWN WITH [LAKERS], THEN F YOU TOO!" 
laugh.gif

Another factor is the coaching. Phil Jackson is a smart man, but I'm not sure how good of a job Shaw will do in his shoes, assuming of course he is next in line for the job. You're right about the market and management combination though, Cedric. 

Another factor is the coaching. Phil Jackson is a smart man, but I'm not sure how good of a job Shaw will do in his shoes, assuming of course he is next in line for the job. You're right about the market and management combination though, Cedric. 

Stern would be stupid to give lakers another title run... he wants more fan-base not only in LA where fans don't spend a dime.

if lakers win another ring this year, nba will lose more fans minus LA. we want more diverse.

and dudes going to be like what about MJ? well jordan is jordan. he was the one to bring fans in the NBA, but kobe doesn't. maybe only in LA.

Stern would be stupid to give lakers another title run... he wants more fan-base not only in LA where fans don't spend a dime.

if lakers win another ring this year, nba will lose more fans minus LA. we want more diverse.

and dudes going to be like what about MJ? well jordan is jordan. he was the one to bring fans in the NBA, but kobe doesn't. maybe only in LA.

I truly think this is the end of an era for the lakers, unless they get Dwight next year. They can't even hang with the mavericks, and what I really wanted to see was a lakers-heat series, but I'm not even sure if that's going to happen anymore. SMH at the Lakers. If they do make it to the finals, Lebron and the Heat will not have any reservations at all to give them the ultimate pounding. This is Lebron's year and possibly every year for the next few years. 
pimp.gif

you have a point.

I truly think this is the end of an era for the lakers, unless they get Dwight next year. They can't even hang with the mavericks, and what I really wanted to see was a lakers-heat series, but I'm not even sure if that's going to happen anymore. SMH at the Lakers. If they do make it to the finals, Lebron and the Heat will not have any reservations at all to give them the ultimate pounding. This is Lebron's year and possibly every year for the next few years. 
pimp.gif

you have a point.

Originally Posted by ohitzsean

LAKERS will win 2 straight in DALLAS. BLEE DAT!
pimp.gif
--Hell naw. Dallas just put 2 nails in the coffin right now and gonna put 2 more on Friday and Sunday.
--You can tell by the Lakers body language, theyre waving the white flag. Its over. Its OVER.
tired.gif

--3 FInals and 2 rings in the past 3 yrs. Good run. But I think thats all they had in them. We'll be at 16 for awhile.
frown.gif

pimp.gif
--Hell naw. Dallas just put 2 nails in the coffin right now and gonna put 2 more on Friday and Sunday.
--You can tell by the Lakers body language, theyre waving the white flag. Its over. Its OVER.
tired.gif

--3 FInals and 2 rings in the past 3 yrs. Good run. But I think thats all they had in them. We'll be at 16 for awhile.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

pimp.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif

IT'S NOT OVER MAN!!! Sad to say but you are never out of it til it's official when you're playing the Mavs. I'm a Mavs fan btw. 

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

pimp.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif

IT'S NOT OVER MAN!!! Sad to say but you are never out of it til it's official when you're playing the Mavs. I'm a Mavs fan btw. 

In the mix, but you can't replace Kobe. Look at the Lakers after Magic (seven years to get back to the WCF, two more to reach Finals). Bulls after Jordan (still haven't made it past the semis). Celtics after Bird's body wore down (made one ECF until the won the title in '08). Those are the transcendent players of the last three decades who never got traded or left in free agency. I see the same happening to the Lakers again.

Back
Top Bottom