[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by Freeze

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.
Damn straight. This era belongs to the Heat and the Bulls, mainly the Heat. There's been a complete power shift. Lakers will be irrelevant in a few more years. 

for a 3-4 season stretch probably  but time and time again the lakers have found a way to get back in the mix of things.
In the mix, but you can't replace Kobe. Look at the Lakers after Magic (seven years to get back to the WCF, two more to reach Finals). Bulls after Jordan (still haven't made it past the semis). Celtics after Bird's body wore down (made one ECF until the won the title in '08). Those are the transcendent players of the last three decades who never got traded or left in free agency. I see the same happening to the Lakers again.

IF Artest is suspended...

Fisher
Kobe
Odom? Barnes? Brown?
Pau
Bynum.

If Odom starts, they're going to be VERY rough with their rotations. That's a lot of pressure to put on those guys on the road. Hopefully Pau and Bynum stay out of foul trouble.

This is all assuming Artest gets suspended. Whether he does or not, I really have no clue. It was an unnecessary play at the end of the game, but I think a fine should be sufficient.

If we are going to win, I'd hope it's when they're at full strength.

Also, I'm shocked were doing so well WITHOUT Caron OR Beaubois. Beaubois is active and assumed healthy (he got hurt last game of the season but looked okay recently), but we're surviving without him. It's just the old wily vets, with a spruce of Stevenson and Brewer sometimes. You tell me we'd be in the second round without Caron or Beaubois this year I would have laughed in your face.

Also I really think Brewer will have a good summer this year and be much improved next year. If he can JUST be a slasher, and keep his defense up? Great pick-up for the Mavericks. But, that kinda is all assuming we have a league next year, and Kidd is still our PG.

IF Artest is suspended...

Fisher
Kobe
Odom? Barnes? Brown?
Pau
Bynum.

If Odom starts, they're going to be VERY rough with their rotations. That's a lot of pressure to put on those guys on the road. Hopefully Pau and Bynum stay out of foul trouble.

This is all assuming Artest gets suspended. Whether he does or not, I really have no clue. It was an unnecessary play at the end of the game, but I think a fine should be sufficient.

If we are going to win, I'd hope it's when they're at full strength.

Also, I'm shocked were doing so well WITHOUT Caron OR Beaubois. Beaubois is active and assumed healthy (he got hurt last game of the season but looked okay recently), but we're surviving without him. It's just the old wily vets, with a spruce of Stevenson and Brewer sometimes. You tell me we'd be in the second round without Caron or Beaubois this year I would have laughed in your face.

Also I really think Brewer will have a good summer this year and be much improved next year. If he can JUST be a slasher, and keep his defense up? Great pick-up for the Mavericks. But, that kinda is all assuming we have a league next year, and Kidd is still our PG.

Why are some laker fans acting like Kobe is gonna retire or turned into luke walton? The Kobe era is still here. Getting bounced one year doesnt end an era.

The Mavs have the uncanny ability of choking away series so lets hope they still have it in them
pimp.gif

Why are some laker fans acting like Kobe is gonna retire or turned into luke walton? The Kobe era is still here. Getting bounced one year doesnt end an era.

The Mavs have the uncanny ability of choking away series so lets hope they still have it in them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by ohitzsean

LAKERS will win 2 straight in DALLAS. BLEE DAT!
pimp.gif
--Hell naw. Dallas just put 2 nails in the coffin right now and gonna put 2 more on Friday and Sunday.
--You can tell by the Lakers body language, theyre waving the white flag. Its over. Its OVER.
tired.gif

--3 FInals and 2 rings in the past 3 yrs. Good run. But I think thats all they had in them. We'll be at 16 for awhile.
frown.gif

IT'S NOT OVER MAN!!! Sad to say but you are never out of it til it's official when you're playing the Mavs. I'm a Mavs fan btw. 
--Dont be humble my dude. Its over.
--Mavs should be able to close this out by Sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by ohitzsean

LAKERS will win 2 straight in DALLAS. BLEE DAT!
pimp.gif
--Hell naw. Dallas just put 2 nails in the coffin right now and gonna put 2 more on Friday and Sunday.
--You can tell by the Lakers body language, theyre waving the white flag. Its over. Its OVER.
tired.gif

--3 FInals and 2 rings in the past 3 yrs. Good run. But I think thats all they had in them. We'll be at 16 for awhile.
frown.gif

IT'S NOT OVER MAN!!! Sad to say but you are never out of it til it's official when you're playing the Mavs. I'm a Mavs fan btw. 
--Dont be humble my dude. Its over.
--Mavs should be able to close this out by Sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by knightngale

pimp.gif

--Kobe aint retiring. BUT, he's way past his prime. He had a good career. No shame in admitting he wont be adding anymore accolades for his organization.
--He's solidified his legacy already.

pimp.gif

--Kobe aint retiring. BUT, he's way past his prime. He had a good career. No shame in admitting he wont be adding anymore accolades for his organization.
--He's solidified his legacy already.

pimp.gif

The Kobe era is on its decline and his sidekick/secondary weapon, Pau, isn't showing signs of picking up the slack. Add a new coach, new players and old players leaving and it doesn't look very good for his championship hopes.

pimp.gif

The Kobe era is on its decline and his sidekick/secondary weapon, Pau, isn't showing signs of picking up the slack. Add a new coach, new players and old players leaving and it doesn't look very good for his championship hopes.

None of us Mavericks fans are saying it's over by the way. We aren't that naive, especially after 2006.

It's just people trying to start up drama and gibberish.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vanexellent

pimp.gif

Kobe had knee surgery and didnt train during the offseason. He has not really been in great shape like other years. Give him a summer of intense training and he will be in 2010 form next year.

None of us Mavericks fans are saying it's over by the way. We aren't that naive, especially after 2006.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vanexellent

pimp.gif

Kobe had knee surgery and didnt train during the offseason. He has not really been in great shape like other years. Give him a summer of intense training and he will be in 2010 form next year.

In other shocking news, Lakers down 0-1 and not even Bennett Salvatore could do anything about Game 2 on their home floor...I'm sure he'll appear in '06 Finals mode at some point in this series.

In other shocking news, Lakers down 0-1 and not even Bennett Salvatore could do anything about Game 2 on their home floor...I'm sure he'll appear in '06 Finals mode at some point in this series.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
I'm just playing
laugh.gif

I'll probably be rooting for your team if we get eliminated
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
I'm just playing
laugh.gif

I'll probably be rooting for your team if we get eliminated
30t6p3b.gif

took this L to heart. i can't front.
and i can't even say anything to defend them. they've played 2 terrible games.
miami heat fans must enjoy every second of this. can't blame them, we've sucked.

on a sidenote, GASOL is an OG fu**boy.

took this L to heart. i can't front.
and i can't even say anything to defend them. they've played 2 terrible games.
miami heat fans must enjoy every second of this. can't blame them, we've sucked.

on a sidenote, GASOL is an OG fu**boy.

Just finished watching the game... JJ Barea jersey has been ordered with next-day air shipping.
Dirk... what more can you say?
End of Lakers dominance hopefully and please be for a long time.

Ron Artest and Steve Blake:
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Just finished watching the game... JJ Barea jersey has been ordered with next-day air shipping.
Dirk... what more can you say?
End of Lakers dominance hopefully and please be for a long time.

Ron Artest and Steve Blake:
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom