[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

The biggest thing that stood out for me, besides the win was Phil Jackson.

I'm at work and had a couple hrs to digest the game.

When he started getting demonstrative on the bench during timeouts in the 2nd quarter, I got a sense of what the hell is he doing? Phil never acts like that.

Then we saw more of it in the 3rd and 4th quarter and you have to wonder if he is starting to lose faith in the team at that point. He saw Kobe wasn't going crazy for 40 pts and the Mavs held him to 21 and 10. Which is a good game, but that's not "a Kobe in the playoffs when your team is down 2-0" kind of game.

While EVERYONE knows what Jackson was doing when he hit Gasol in the chest MULTIPLE times, it didn't seem to work. Sure he can be the scape goat for this series and his play has not helped the Lakers, at all, but there is more than him to blame, even though it may be easiest to blame Pau.

Jackson started to panic and for the first time since I've seen him coach a game, I think he envisioned it was over.

I don't know if you can go as far as to say Carlisle out coached him but I feel like Jackson was a bit of a deer in the headlights.

JapanAir said it best, Dallas has been disrespected all season, no one believed in them, and this is the same story every year. Now it seems like they are playing with a serious chip on their shoulder, Dirk looks like he is on a mission, the most unguardable player in the league right now.

We can venture as far to say that Dirk, RIGHT NOW, is playing the best basketball of his career.

Hopefully Dallas takes care of the Lakers on Sunday, although I also agree with JapanAir that it may cause them to be a bit rusty for game 1 of the WCF. Then again...I don't want the Lakers to win 1 game and then all the talk of Dallas choking comes into play etc etc.

Finish the job.

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have the "takeover" in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series, backing up his words, averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have the "takeover" in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series, backing up his words, averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have it in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have it in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

I'm pissed I fell asleep at halftime. I missed out on getting some buns, and watching the Lakers lose again
mad.gif

The Lakers are done. SORRY. It was a great run, but now it's time to rebuild.

Dirk once again putting up great numbers, and in my mind is in Bird's rearview and he's not blurry
nerd.gif

And if this Gasol girlfriend thing is true, welcome to Cleveland's misery LA. And he's a sucka if it's true for letting that affect his play on the court. I swear the heart of men is weak these days. Thank god that virus was fought off by my heart and brain
pimp.gif

I'm pissed I fell asleep at halftime. I missed out on getting some buns, and watching the Lakers lose again
mad.gif

The Lakers are done. SORRY. It was a great run, but now it's time to rebuild.

Dirk once again putting up great numbers, and in my mind is in Bird's rearview and he's not blurry
nerd.gif

And if this Gasol girlfriend thing is true, welcome to Cleveland's misery LA. And he's a sucka if it's true for letting that affect his play on the court. I swear the heart of men is weak these days. Thank god that virus was fought off by my heart and brain
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

32 is old though when you've been in the league since you were 17-18.  Couple that with deep playoffs runs, Team USA games, my dude has a lot of mileage on him. Kobe obviously isn't the same anymore, I think people have a hard time accepting that. Still my fav player though so I wish he finds a way to make history.

laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

32 is old though when you've been in the league since you were 17-18.  Couple that with deep playoffs runs, Team USA games, my dude has a lot of mileage on him. Kobe obviously isn't the same anymore, I think people have a hard time accepting that. Still my fav player though so I wish he finds a way to make history.

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

You act like he's been playing 40 minutes per game since he was 18 and not having a relatively easy time behind Shaq all those years. Whereas MJ has been the main focus of opponents' defenses and taking a beating from the first minute he stepped on an NBA court.

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

You act like he's been playing 40 minutes per game since he was 18 and not having a relatively easy time behind Shaq all those years. Whereas MJ has been the main focus of opponents' defenses and taking a beating from the first minute he stepped on an NBA court.

laugh.gif

Jordan went also on vacation for 2 years!

But this is NOT over!
Lakers will win this series! 

laugh.gif

Jordan went also on vacation for 2 years!

But this is NOT over!
Lakers will win this series! 

Laker hater checking in and I will say if there is one team that can come back from a 0-3 deficit, it's a two-time back to back championship team.  Like I said the other day, I'm not going to be happy until the lakers are OFFICIALLY eliminated.

Laker hater checking in and I will say if there is one team that can come back from a 0-3 deficit, it's a two-time back to back championship team.  Like I said the other day, I'm not going to be happy until the lakers are OFFICIALLY eliminated.

comin from a Heat fan

I would have loved to see the Lakers n Heat in the finals

it woulda been good for basketball and sports in general

can you imagine how much hype and how many stars would come out!

comin from a Heat fan

I would have loved to see the Lakers n Heat in the finals

it woulda been good for basketball and sports in general

can you imagine how much hype and how many stars would come out!

--The Lakers met their match in this series.
--Dallas is the better team and hats off to them.

--Its all downhill from here for the Lakers. Dynasty is done.

--The Lakers met their match in this series.
--Dallas is the better team and hats off to them.

--Its all downhill from here for the Lakers. Dynasty is done.

Back
Top Bottom