[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.
lol@ this dude not counting mj's 3years of unc career...and what about baseball? 
and funny how people think mileage affects more than age. age is what makes players slow..its not really the mileage that affects players

having said that, 32 year old mj > 32 kobe, let alone any kobe in his prime.

i think kobe right now is as good as mj in his wiz days 

Are you really trying to compare 3 years of college ball to 3 years of NBA ball????  Really???  Why not count AAU ball??? Or high school ball??? Or maybe even middle school ball??? Pick up games at 12??? And when he was 4 years old shooting at the 10 foot basket??? Unless you are Greg Oden who's body is already 45 years old or suffered injuries the physical taxation of a college season is nowhere near that of a NBA season... And anyone who is trying to argue that really has not watched either level...

Through 32 years old..... Kobe Bryant has played 10,545 minutes more than Jordan... Equivalent to 3-1/2 years more...  That's just the regular season....   In terms of playoff minutes Kobe has logged 2.150 more minutes.... About 2/3 of a season...

Tell someone like KG that it is not how much you play, but your age that slows you down.. Who was on the decline at 30...  Same thing is going to happen to LeBron when he gets to 30-31-32...

It is the equivalent of a running back who is used on every play i.e. Eddie George who was pretty much as elite of a running back you can get who was worn down in 5 years... Or a relief pitcher in baseball who is only used for a third to an inning per appearance.. Their body is conditioned to pitch that much.. But when they are brought in for 80 appearances a year (i.e. a Pedro Felliciano who is the most recent example)... They are pretty much done for...

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.
lol@ this dude not counting mj's 3years of unc career...and what about baseball? 
and funny how people think mileage affects more than age. age is what makes players slow..its not really the mileage that affects players

having said that, 32 year old mj > 32 kobe, let alone any kobe in his prime.

i think kobe right now is as good as mj in his wiz days 

Are you really trying to compare 3 years of college ball to 3 years of NBA ball????  Really???  Why not count AAU ball??? Or high school ball??? Or maybe even middle school ball??? Pick up games at 12??? And when he was 4 years old shooting at the 10 foot basket??? Unless you are Greg Oden who's body is already 45 years old or suffered injuries the physical taxation of a college season is nowhere near that of a NBA season... And anyone who is trying to argue that really has not watched either level...

Through 32 years old..... Kobe Bryant has played 10,545 minutes more than Jordan... Equivalent to 3-1/2 years more...  That's just the regular season....   In terms of playoff minutes Kobe has logged 2.150 more minutes.... About 2/3 of a season...

Tell someone like KG that it is not how much you play, but your age that slows you down.. Who was on the decline at 30...  Same thing is going to happen to LeBron when he gets to 30-31-32...

It is the equivalent of a running back who is used on every play i.e. Eddie George who was pretty much as elite of a running back you can get who was worn down in 5 years... Or a relief pitcher in baseball who is only used for a third to an inning per appearance.. Their body is conditioned to pitch that much.. But when they are brought in for 80 appearances a year (i.e. a Pedro Felliciano who is the most recent example)... They are pretty much done for...

This dude said Phil Jackson's well has ran dry, trying to knock him for not coaching a mediocre team to success.

Look, champ, Phil is well respected throughout the NBA, so who am I to say dude is a fraud? You know? And someone said earlier that MJ's Bulls were far less talented than Kobe's Lakers. Alright, if that's true... and even if it's false... then that means he coached an awesome team to success, as well as a team tht wasn't so awesome.

Sure, he had MJ and Scottie the whole time then Worm later, but then who? Folks like Longley, Kerr, Paxon, Kukoc, Cartwright, Grant, BJ... ROLE PLAYERS. And he coached them to dominance; not success, but DOMINANCE. (just now remembered he also had Harper later on as well).

And with the Lakers, he first had a core of Shaq and Kobe, then who? Fox, Horry, Shaw, Fish, Harper, Richmond, George... bunch of role players again.

Now this current Lakers team has been more stacked; he's had Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Lamar pretty much this whole time. Then Ariza, Artest, Fish, and then more role players.

So this nonsense about him being a bum or however you're trying to say it... stop it.

False!! Phil Jackson is not respected throughout the league. Red Auerbach HATED the guy. Called him a bench warmer and a few other things I can't remember.

Larry Brown does not like Phil Jackson. I was listening on the radio in Philly a few years back and LB called in and said all Phil does is go to ready made teams. He never builds a team from the ground up. Finally, BJ Armstrong has no respect for Phil Jackson. There was episode on NBA Tonight a few years back in which BJ was on there and the host asked BJ - on a scale of 1-10 what is the importance of coaching in the NBA? BJ said "ZERO".  The host looked at BJ in amazement. The host came back with "What about motivation?" BJ said coaches in the NBA get a ZERO for motivating players cause they're NBA players - they're already motivated. The host came back with, "What about drawing up plays at the end of the game?" BJ responded once again with a ZERO. He said, these are NBA players  & they have been in all these situations before.  The host was in shock!! So then BJ responds with " OK, maybe a 1 for drawing up plays at the end of the game."  The host and anybody who saw the episode knew he was talking about Phil Jackson. BJ was basically saying the players won all those titles for the Bulls and Phil Jackson had nothing to do with it.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]False!![/font]

This dude said Phil Jackson's well has ran dry, trying to knock him for not coaching a mediocre team to success.

Look, champ, Phil is well respected throughout the NBA, so who am I to say dude is a fraud? You know? And someone said earlier that MJ's Bulls were far less talented than Kobe's Lakers. Alright, if that's true... and even if it's false... then that means he coached an awesome team to success, as well as a team tht wasn't so awesome.

Sure, he had MJ and Scottie the whole time then Worm later, but then who? Folks like Longley, Kerr, Paxon, Kukoc, Cartwright, Grant, BJ... ROLE PLAYERS. And he coached them to dominance; not success, but DOMINANCE. (just now remembered he also had Harper later on as well).

And with the Lakers, he first had a core of Shaq and Kobe, then who? Fox, Horry, Shaw, Fish, Harper, Richmond, George... bunch of role players again.

Now this current Lakers team has been more stacked; he's had Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Lamar pretty much this whole time. Then Ariza, Artest, Fish, and then more role players.

So this nonsense about him being a bum or however you're trying to say it... stop it.

False!! Phil Jackson is not respected throughout the league. Red Auerbach HATED the guy. Called him a bench warmer and a few other things I can't remember.

Larry Brown does not like Phil Jackson. I was listening on the radio in Philly a few years back and LB called in and said all Phil does is go to ready made teams. He never builds a team from the ground up. Finally, BJ Armstrong has no respect for Phil Jackson. There was episode on NBA Tonight a few years back in which BJ was on there and the host asked BJ - on a scale of 1-10 what is the importance of coaching in the NBA? BJ said "ZERO".  The host looked at BJ in amazement. The host came back with "What about motivation?" BJ said coaches in the NBA get a ZERO for motivating players cause they're NBA players - they're already motivated. The host came back with, "What about drawing up plays at the end of the game?" BJ responded once again with a ZERO. He said, these are NBA players  & they have been in all these situations before.  The host was in shock!! So then BJ responds with " OK, maybe a 1 for drawing up plays at the end of the game."  The host and anybody who saw the episode knew he was talking about Phil Jackson. BJ was basically saying the players won all those titles for the Bulls and Phil Jackson had nothing to do with it.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]False!![/font]

You know it's bad when the conversation turns into making an argument FOR Phil Jackson being a great coach.

You know it's bad when the conversation turns into making an argument FOR Phil Jackson being a great coach.

^ I'M SAYING!!
laugh.gif

Like the switch from Doug Collins to Phil Jackson meant nothing, like Del Harris took the Lakers to the same level Phil Jackson did.
roll.gif

And just because there ARE players/coaches who don't like Phil doesn't mean he's not respected.
laugh.gif
I didn't say he was UNANIMOUSLY respected, like literally EVERYONE involved w/ the NBA just loves the guy to death. Everyone has critics.

^ I'M SAYING!!
laugh.gif

Like the switch from Doug Collins to Phil Jackson meant nothing, like Del Harris took the Lakers to the same level Phil Jackson did.
roll.gif

And just because there ARE players/coaches who don't like Phil doesn't mean he's not respected.
laugh.gif
I didn't say he was UNANIMOUSLY respected, like literally EVERYONE involved w/ the NBA just loves the guy to death. Everyone has critics.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
How old are you

How did you forget ALL STARS like Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, and Elden Campbell?

Today's the first day towards a historic comeback for this LA team. I don't care what the score is, just get the win Lakers!

laugh.gif
How old are you

How did you forget ALL STARS like Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, and Elden Campbell?

Today's the first day towards a historic comeback for this LA team. I don't care what the score is, just get the win Lakers!

The Lakers are the seventh defending NBA champion to lose the first three games of a best-of-seven series. Five of the previous six defending champs in this situation lost Game Four.

The Lakers are the seventh defending NBA champion to lose the first three games of a best-of-seven series. Five of the previous six defending champs in this situation lost Game Four.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

laugh.gif
How old are you

I don't think any of those 3 played for Phil. They were all traded before he took over the reins for 1999-2000 season. 

laugh.gif
How old are you

I don't think any of those 3 played for Phil. They were all traded before he took over the reins for 1999-2000 season. 

laugh.gif
How old are you

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
How old are you

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

--Dang. Not looking good at all.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

--Dang. Not looking good at all.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom