[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Kobe really gonna let PHIL JACKSON go out like this?

Really?

30t6p3b.gif
Kobe lettin Phil go out? How bout Phil lettin Kobe go out!? Phil has been getting over on his teams' overwhelming talent for years now. Doin his little "zen master" routine, kicked back calling for the triangle all day lol. And now that the well is running dry and things are falling apart I have yet to see Phil do anything as a coach to keep the wheels from falling off. I would've loved to have seen Phil coach a mediocre team to success. But he's primed to get out of dodge...and not a minute too soon.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Kobe really gonna let PHIL JACKSON go out like this?

Really?

30t6p3b.gif
Kobe lettin Phil go out? How bout Phil lettin Kobe go out!? Phil has been getting over on his teams' overwhelming talent for years now. Doin his little "zen master" routine, kicked back calling for the triangle all day lol. And now that the well is running dry and things are falling apart I have yet to see Phil do anything as a coach to keep the wheels from falling off. I would've loved to have seen Phil coach a mediocre team to success. But he's primed to get out of dodge...and not a minute too soon.

Just win tomorrow...thats all. 
Crazy or not, homering or not...say what you want, but if we win tomorrow we have a chance. 

One game at a time, as cliche as it is...its true. We win tomorrow, then we take it back home and take it from there.

Crazy or not, homering or not...say what you want, but if we win tomorrow we have a chance. 

One game at a time, as cliche as it is...its true. We win tomorrow, then we take it back home and take it from there.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

no u dont

no u dont

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

no u dont
Oh okay.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

no u dont
Oh okay.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm not going to dig around and look for opinions about the series.

Everyone wrote us off, as they did before the Playoffs, and at the start of this series.

Take that for what you will.

You got that right. Everyone did write you guys off and I'm not surprised this is happening with Gasol being GHOST.

If you guys do end up beating us and don't win it all than SMH @ the mavs. They'll be in the same spot as before.

Why? No one has had faith in us from the beginning, and won't every single round from this point forward.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm not going to dig around and look for opinions about the series.

Everyone wrote us off, as they did before the Playoffs, and at the start of this series.

Take that for what you will.

You got that right. Everyone did write you guys off and I'm not surprised this is happening with Gasol being GHOST.

If you guys do end up beating us and don't win it all than SMH @ the mavs. They'll be in the same spot as before.

Why? No one has had faith in us from the beginning, and won't every single round from this point forward.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Keep reading this dumbassery about how the Mavs have choked in the past and that's why the Lakers have a chance.

Comparing the Mavs teams that collapsed is like comparing the Laker teams that got put out by Phoenix.

Only two players from the 06 07 teams are on the roster, the exact same amount that were on the Lakers when Phoenix bounced them back to back..
The mavs can not be complacent though. The lakers are  barely putting up a fight. Even non playoff teams would be them the way they are playing.

You guys will see with whoever you get next round.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Keep reading this dumbassery about how the Mavs have choked in the past and that's why the Lakers have a chance.

Comparing the Mavs teams that collapsed is like comparing the Laker teams that got put out by Phoenix.

Only two players from the 06 07 teams are on the roster, the exact same amount that were on the Lakers when Phoenix bounced them back to back..
The mavs can not be complacent though. The lakers are  barely putting up a fight. Even non playoff teams would be them the way they are playing.

You guys will see with whoever you get next round.

laugh.gif
my dude JA

I been beating the Mavericks drum from jump street, and he, among a lot of Lakers fans in here, were skeptical of my confidence. Even JA pointed out how I was basically the only one really backing the Mavs.

Now up 3-0, JA has the, it's us vs the world mentality. Keep doubting the Mavericks. You weren't even really confident about the Mavs going in yourself, though. Which was understandable, don't get me wrong.

...but even up 3-0 now JA still won't write the Lakers off.
laugh.gif

JA, my dude, the Mavericks WILL advance. LAL is done. Swept, I dunno about all that, but definitely no way they win 4 in a row.

With that said though, I like Memphis/OKC next rd vs Dallas. Sorry
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my dude JA

I been beating the Mavericks drum from jump street, and he, among a lot of Lakers fans in here, were skeptical of my confidence. Even JA pointed out how I was basically the only one really backing the Mavs.

Now up 3-0, JA has the, it's us vs the world mentality. Keep doubting the Mavericks. You weren't even really confident about the Mavs going in yourself, though. Which was understandable, don't get me wrong.

...but even up 3-0 now JA still won't write the Lakers off.
laugh.gif

JA, my dude, the Mavericks WILL advance. LAL is done. Swept, I dunno about all that, but definitely no way they win 4 in a row.

With that said though, I like Memphis/OKC next rd vs Dallas. Sorry
laugh.gif

It's all good, I don't expect anyone to have any kind of respect for Dallas. After 2007, I realized it.

No, I wasn't confident about us going in, but, I've always had faith, from the beginning of the Playoffs, to us being tied 2-2, to us starting this series, to us being up 2-0.

As soon as the Playoffs match-ups were figured out, I pretty much went through every possible scenario of who we'd play.

I knew we'd play the Lakers if we got out of the first, and I was excited for it.

Now we're having a hell of a time, and playing great basketball.

If we don't win, we don't win. That's fine, but as long as these dudes keep playing with heart? I won't criticize anyone on the team.

It's all good, I don't expect anyone to have any kind of respect for Dallas. After 2007, I realized it.

No, I wasn't confident about us going in, but, I've always had faith, from the beginning of the Playoffs, to us being tied 2-2, to us starting this series, to us being up 2-0.

As soon as the Playoffs match-ups were figured out, I pretty much went through every possible scenario of who we'd play.

I knew we'd play the Lakers if we got out of the first, and I was excited for it.

Now we're having a hell of a time, and playing great basketball.

If we don't win, we don't win. That's fine, but as long as these dudes keep playing with heart? I won't criticize anyone on the team.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.
lol@ this dude not counting mj's 3years of unc career...and what about baseball? 
and funny how people think mileage affects more than age. age is what makes players slow..its not really the mileage that affects players

having said that, 32 year old mj > 32 kobe, let alone any kobe in his prime.

i think kobe right now is as good as mj in his wiz days 

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.
lol@ this dude not counting mj's 3years of unc career...and what about baseball? 
and funny how people think mileage affects more than age. age is what makes players slow..its not really the mileage that affects players

having said that, 32 year old mj > 32 kobe, let alone any kobe in his prime.

i think kobe right now is as good as mj in his wiz days 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom