[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

If i was you guys i'd probably be laughing too...So i aint even mad.
Wish my team could put up a more competitive fight...but we can't win when they are shooting lights out from 3 pt land.

Sigh...
ohwell.gif

If i was you guys i'd probably be laughing too...So i aint even mad.
Wish my team could put up a more competitive fight...but we can't win when they are shooting lights out from 3 pt land.

Sigh...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Oh my goodness.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
This is crazy. Never seen the Lakers get completely buried like this, ever. I thought they'd put up a better fight.
game 6 2008 finals?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Oh my goodness.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
This is crazy. Never seen the Lakers get completely buried like this, ever. I thought they'd put up a better fight.
game 6 2008 finals?

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

This dude said Phil Jackson's well has ran dry, trying to knock him for not coaching a mediocre team to success.

Look, champ, Phil is well respected throughout the NBA, so who am I to say dude is a fraud? You know? And someone said earlier that MJ's Bulls were far less talented than Kobe's Lakers. Alright, if that's true... and even if it's false... then that means he coached an awesome team to success, as well as a team tht wasn't so awesome.

Sure, he had MJ and Scottie the whole time then Worm later, but then who? Folks like Longley, Kerr, Paxon, Kukoc, Cartwright, Grant, BJ... ROLE PLAYERS. And he coached them to dominance; not success, but DOMINANCE. (just now remembered he also had Harper later on as well).

And with the Lakers, he first had a core of Shaq and Kobe, then who? Fox, Horry, Shaw, Fish, Harper, Richmond, George... bunch of role players again.

Now this current Lakers team has been more stacked; he's had Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Lamar pretty much this whole time. Then Ariza, Artest, Fish, and then more role players.

So this nonsense about him being a bum or however you're trying to say it... stop it.

False!! Phil Jackson is not respected throughout the league. Red Auerbach HATED the guy. Called him a bench warmer and a few other things I can't remember.

Larry Brown does not like Phil Jackson. I was listening on the radio in Philly a few years back and LB called in and said all Phil does is go to ready made teams. He never builds a team from the ground up. Finally, BJ Armstrong has no respect for Phil Jackson. There was episode on NBA Tonight a few years back in which BJ was on there and the host asked BJ - on a scale of 1-10 what is the importance of coaching in the NBA? BJ said "ZERO".  The host looked at BJ in amazement. The host came back with "What about motivation?" BJ said coaches in the NBA get a ZERO for motivating players cause they're NBA players - they're already motivated. The host came back with, "What about drawing up plays at the end of the game?" BJ responded once again with a ZERO. He said, these are NBA players  & they have been in all these situations before.  The host was in shock!! So then BJ responds with " OK, maybe a 1 for drawing up plays at the end of the game."  The host and anybody who saw the episode knew he was talking about Phil Jackson. BJ was basically saying the players won all those titles for the Bulls and Phil Jackson had nothing to do with it.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]False!![/font]

Lots of ppl don't like Phil. Dude is a douche, no disputing that. But he does get respect. Why? People respect winners. Simple. You can gloss it over however you like Ska but you and I know the man has had 3 top 10 all-time NBA players (one being the undisputed goat, another arguably #2) and another top 50 guy. One of the greatest rebounders of all time. Legions of QUALITY role players. Phil is a master at taking a good team and putting them over the top no doubt. But ppl give him far too much credit. People call him the Zen Master. Hell I'd be cool, calm and collected if I had MJ on my team too. I can guarantee you that if Phil had to coach a team of young cats or just a mediocre team in general, he'd fail miserably. Why? Because he would have to teach and motivate, something he isn't good at. He is good at getting talent to work well together, that is all. At the end of the day he is a legend b/c you can't take away from what he's accomplished. But don't expect me or anyone else to acknowledge him as the god coach (like so many bulls/lakers fans do) when I can see with my own two eyes the flaws in his coaching abilities.  

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Lame *%% dudes been talkin bout "We're beating ourselves" after all three of the first games...

Came out and rolled over today like a bunch of frauds.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

40 bench points in the first half..
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom