Latinos that DONT KNOW SPANISH (so annoying)

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm Nigerian and I don't speak Ibo. My father passed before I was born and it was just my mom with three kids. Shedidn't spend much time with us, and she didn't want us confused at daycare and school speaking one language at home and another at school so she nevertaught it. People have reasons for not adopting their native language, and I think the OP is out of line for passing judgment on alot of situations he has noidea about.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

being AMERICANIZED in the sense im talking about is just flat out,self hate.
i know a lady right now who unofficially changed her name to sound more american ( i.e richie valens)
she says she is white (at least when no other family is arround) and denies just everything about her...

cuando tiene el nopal en la frente... lol
if ur culture is so important, why did you come to this country in a place where it isnt upheld? Go back
This is why Americans sometimes get a bad rep as far as being open minded goes.

I came here when I was just a few months old and I never forgot my Spanish. Now that I have my son I am gonna make sure he knows Spanish first and then Englishthe Spanish language is very hard to learn compared to English and knowing two language FTW

Jesus Estrella = JSTAR?

your exactly the person im talking about... STAR,REALLY?

get yo tacobell-hot-sauce-is-too-hot-for-me- veggie burrito- stiff dancing- cant-order-food- sponge-bob-pinata-havin-"um,sorry no es-pan-yol"- dave matthews band lovin- still-dont-know-what-pitbull-means-by-"CULO"- never been to a quince- Cancun trip takin- never seen an episode-of-sabado-gigante-!*% UP....
Dang dog you straight tried to take it back to the second grade level on me... Pump the brakes homie... my point is simple you don't like ithere roll out, you wanna diss people for being American you need to look in the mirror because you are as American and George Bush yourself.

I like the fact that you did your homework and looked up my name and all that is really flattering... Always nice to add another hater to the list must be thatjealousy in you just reaching out for something to grab on to. Your "Do the Right Thing" rant was terrible to say the least, my roots are not inquestion here and most certainly not by you. If you don't like the feedback you're getting from me and others... then perhaps you should not post suchnarrow minded topics and then follow it with phrases "lol let the flames begin."
smh.gif

in NYC, alot of Puerto Ricans are like this. But it's not because they chose not to learn it. Most are 3rd Generation and it just happens, i guess
ohwell.gif

i work in the pharmacy. and they don't EVEN TRY to speak english. immediately, "espanol". when i say, "no habla espnaol aqi" they glareat me like i did something wrong
tired.gif

ericescobar wrote:
What the guys is trying to say is that it's shameful when Latinos deny their culture and purposely refuse to speak Spanish. I agree.

Who are they refusing to speak spanish to? Give us an example.

When I go to restaurants and or fast food places, I know they are latino, my spanish is perfect, but I'm gonna speak to them in English
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My grandparents are the only people that I speak spanish to. If I need to speak spanish, I will. That doesn't mean I'm denying my culture.

Granted, I am grateful for my parents teaching me spanish because I wouldn' know what to do without it, but I only use it when I have to or want to.

And just because someone's parents are from a certain country, doesn't mean they have to learn, live and eat their culture.

blah,blah,blah...

america this and that... i dont care whos happy with themselves about not knowing something
they should know... im sure your feelin the same way i feel when i read " speak english in america OR ELSE"
about every thing im writing but eh....

however this may sound,i dont think this thread or topic is really for anyone other than ethnic people.
ya i said it lol... so what,cry me a river.

loosing your culture is weak.
denying your culture is weak.
i dont feel bad, it annoys me and i think they should just off themselves.
Wow, you are an idiot.

Maybe it's you who should be offed instead.

I'm not going to bother arguing, it's clear you're beyond any sense of reason. I just want you to really look at what you're writing and thinkto yourself if it makes sense.

People who think they are defined solely by their heritage are stupid. Get over yourself.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
i came in here to say the same. The US has no official language

new york is my culture.

smh

blah,blah,blah...

america this and that... i dont care whos happy with themselves about not knowing something
they should know... im sure your feelin the same way i feel when i read " speak english in america OR ELSE"
about every thing im writing but eh....

however this may sound,i dont think this thread or topic is really for anyone other than ethnic people.
ya i said it lol... so what,cry me a river.

Do you even know what you're writing? Stop sounding stupid...everyone on Earth has an ethnicity, even white people.
indifferent.gif

I can kind of see where OP is coming from. My only beef are the super ricans that don't speak spanish. The ones that rep to the death "la Isla",but only speak english. Of you're so proud, learn the language juevon!

and this goes for anyone who reps a spanish speaking country. No joda!

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
great...we got self hatin hispanics here too......
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..

Originally Posted by ninjahood

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish
to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..

Dominicans do this just as much as PR's. You probably just aren't around those type of Dominicans

im half hispanic and the only spanish i know is what ive learned at school. i dont feel the need to speak it fluently cause my mom speaks both english andspanish and she only talks to me in english

Jesus Estrella = JSTAR?

your exactly the person im talking about... STAR,REALLY?

get yo tacobell-hot-sauce-is-too-hot-for-me- veggie burrito- stiff dancing- cant-order-food- sponge-bob-pinata-havin-"um,sorry no es-pan-yol"- dave matthews band lovin- still-dont-know-what-pitbull-means-by-"CULO"- never been to a quince- Cancun trip takin- never seen an episode-of-sabado-gigante-!*% UP....

ignorance at its finest.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by ninjahood

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish
to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
indifferent.gif

Dominicans do this just as much as PR's. You probably just aren't around those type of Dominicans
i've never met a dominican that can't speak spanish in my 25 year life.

puerto ricans? forgot about it...every other rican i know and seen can't speak spanish....
smh.gif

i blame this 100000% on parenting...i don't care HOW american i am..my kids WILL be taught spanish and it will be spoken in da household if i gotta marry ahick dominican for that to

happen then so help me god i will.

My mom is blk and my dad is spanish, I lived with my mom only all my life so let me know where I was suppose to fit knowing spanish in that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom