Latinos that DONT KNOW SPANISH (so annoying)

i was ordering tacos at this joint up the street from my place of residence the other day and asked the mexican lady for 3 fajita beef tacos, she said"que?" i sad louer, TACOS, TRES TACOS! "que?" there was a mexican dude next to me and she asked him soumething in spanish and he looked ather like :stoneface &%%* I dont know spanish. i was soo pissed i just left. how the ^%&* you make tacos for a living and dont understand when some oneasks for 3 tacos?? not even funny to me i was really heated cursing her out && whatnot when i was driving off.

you need to learn english if you gone be here i feel, and shiid if youre mexican and dont know spanish you && your parents deserve a FAIL.

i do find it extremely annoying sometimes specially among puerto ricans.

I'm 3rd generation Panamanian, and Puerto Rican. Both of my parents speak perfect spanish, but they just chose to speak english around me so I know a fewwords here and there. However, I do wish they had taught me the language because: a) it will help you get a job, b) people like OP would get off my back aboutnot knowing the language.

roll.gif
Are you serious?

Damn I guess I got to learn creole to not be "lame" to my race
roll.gif

well im mexican but dont kick it with anybody that speaks spanish.....even if they are latino aswell we prefer english cuz its easier and faster for us...plusi only use it when talking to like grandparents or ordering at mexican resteraunts....but its whatever...all on you

I uderstand where youre coming from OP. I dont understand hispanic people who dont speak spanish. Its wierd to me but at the same time who cares. Let themrock.

being bilingual FTW!!

ill make sure my kids learn spanish, even if my wife isnt hispanic theyll still learn

My kids will learn Spanish first. English will come naturally to them just by being here.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
great...we got self hatin hispanics here too......
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..

How do you say 'impossibly small room' in Spanish?

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

btw, i am half spanish.
indifferent.gif

un qualto chikitco
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
So true. Although it does help to know the language like you said.

btw, i am half spanish.
I'm sorry but that's just idiotic of you.

You're telling me I can't speak Spanish to other Spanish speaking people in America because I know English perfectly?

Please elaborate here because I don't understand why someone wouldn't be able to talk in Spanish to someone else.

Funny you say this because this just reminded me of one time I was in public talking to my mom in Spanish mind you she speaks perfect English, just a habit oftalking to her in Spanish), this lady was like, "love how people talk in another language so you don't understand what they're saying aboutyou." I immidietly knew she was talking about us, so I turned around and asked her if there was a problem and if she was mad.... Her face>
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Is that what people think we do when we talk to each other in Spanish or in another language? I don't know about anyone else but when I talk to someone inmy language, it's because it's a habit. Not trying to hide something or talk about someone so they don't understand what I'm saying about,it's just a habit of mine growing up, talking in my language.

Just today I got a look of
eek.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
(imagine George Lopez when he talks in that voice of histhat gets me every time
laugh.gif
, "like OMG") by two White womenbecause I said something in Spanish to my sister at the Hospital......

I'm just used to speaking in Spanish when I'm talking to another Spanish speaking person, didn't know it bothered people that much in public.

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
So true. Although it does help to know the language like you said.

btw, i am half spanish.
I'm sorry but that's just idiotic of you.

You're telling me I can't speak Spanish to other Spanish speaking people in America because I know English perfectly?

Please elaborate here because I don't understand why someone wouldn't be able to talk in Spanish to someone else.

Funny you say this because this just reminded me of one time I was in public talking to my mom in Spanish mind you she speaks perfect English, just a habit of talking to her in Spanish), this lady was like, "love how people talk in another language so you don't understand what they're saying about you." I immidietly knew she was talking about us, so I turned around and asked her if there was a problem and if she was mad.... Her face>
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Is that what people think we do when we talk to each other in Spanish or in another language? I don't know about anyone else but when I talk to someone in my language, it's because it's a habit. Not trying to hide something or talk about someone so they don't understand what I'm saying about, it's just a habit of mine growing up, talking in my language.

Just today I got a look of
eek.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
(imagine George Lopez when he talks in that voice of his that gets me every time
laugh.gif
, "like OMG") by two White women because I said something in Spanish to my sister at the Hospital......

I'm just used to speaking in Spanish when I'm talking to another Spanish speaking person, didn't know it bothered people that much in public.

smh.gif
same %+!! happens to me. People get all butt hurt and always assume you're talking bout them.

I have friends I talk to in Spanish who speak perfect English but since we met talking Spanish it stayed like that.

Originally Posted by the north west

I just can not stand the minorities who are completely white washed

those people sicken me
co-sign
lol

i'm all for embracing your native culture. i'm part spanish (de españa), and i speak spanish. i'll teach my kids spanish. etc. etc.

but it's not some obligation to do things like that. if you feel more connected to another culture, go ahead and embrace it and explore it. you can'tchoose what ethnicity you are and you sure as hell shouldn't be tied down because of it.

also, what the hell does "white-washing" or being a minority have to do with it? white people didn't come from nothing, they also originatedfrom other countries, spoke other languages (unless british), ate other foods, etc.

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

Jesus Estrella = JSTAR get yo tacobell-hot-sauce-is-too-hot-for-me- veggie burrito- stiff dancing- cant-order-food- sponge-bob-pinata-havin-"um,sorry no es-pan-yol"- dave matthews band lovin- still-dont-know-what-pitbull-means-by-"CULO"- never been to a quince- Cancun trip takin- never seen an episode-of-sabado-gigante-!*% UP....
Tamn!
eek.gif

Yea I live in Houston and I think it's corny when some hispanics act like they don't know spanish. Ain't nothing inferior about your language (FTRI'm not latino)

Back
Top Bottom