Lawyers/Legal Heads of NT, Need Help Vol. Crazy Neighbors

So I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

My gf's family has been constantly harassed by their neighbors ever since they moved into their Seattle neighborhood about 10 years ago. Happens about once a year, and it's usually the same crap. My gf or members of her family are driving home, and once they're about a block away a neighbor steps out in the middle of the street to stop them and yell at them for speeding, claiming they're driving 50 mph. I've never witnessed it firsthand, but having been passengers while my girlfriend and her parents have both been driving, I can certainly say they don't drive fast enough in neighborhoods to warrant this BS. So far, it's been two different guys from different households that are doing this, one of which was drunk when he yelled at my girl a few years back.

As I said, it's been happening at least once a year. After last year's incident, her family was planning on filing a restraining order on them but that never happened which was a big mistake because things just got more serious. One of the same neighbors pulled this same BS recently to her dad. Not sure what exactly happened but my girl's dad is claiming this time he reached in through the window and was grabbing at his cell phone. I hear today that this crazy neighbor filed a case for reckless endangerment against my girl's dad, the DA is actually pursuing this case, and he had to show up in court today.

Needless to say, we are fuming right now, as we are clearly the victims. She's planning on calling around for a public defender tomorrow, as well as getting a copy of the records to a 911 call her family made after one of the past incidents.

For the lawyers of NT or anyone familiar with this stuff, what are our options at this point other than what we're already doing?

Cliffs:
- My gf's family has constantly been harassed by neighbors since they moved in about 10 years ago.
- Same thing always happens: A guy from one of two households walks out into the street, stops her/ her family member's car, yells at them for speeding.
- From my experience, there is no way they are speeding enough to be deserving this BS.
- One guy was drunk when this happened to my girl
- One of the crazies filed a reckless endangerment claim and DA is actually pursuing this case, and her dad had to show in court today.

*EDIT*
Also, thought I'd share since it's NT, but this has been a racial issue since the start. My girl told me after posting this that the neighbors are racist and they've been targeting them and her family (they're the only Asian family in a predominantly white neighborhood), saying racial slurs at her parents.

Last edited:
hitman_absolution___agent_47_video_game-wallpaper-2880x1800.jpg

Yea I feel you guys on the camera thing, I feel like it would've helped. My girl ended up talking for a bit with a friend of her's who's a lawyer, and said this will most likely be dismissed since a.) there weren't any damages and b.) there really is no concrete evidence on either side.

I guess I'm just venting at this point, seems like best case scenario is we file a restraining order on them, case gets dismissed, and hopefully her family moves out of that neighborhood (they've been looking to move since my girl and her bro left for college).

Also, thought I'd share since it's NT, but this has been a racial issue since the start. My girl told me after posting this that the neighbors are racist and they've been targeting them and her family (they're the only Asian family in a predominantly white neighborhood), saying racial slurs at her parents.

Krazyl3gz, this has been happening in the Bellevue/Newcastle area.

Yea I feel you guys on the camera thing, I feel like it would've helped. My girl ended up talking for a bit with a friend of her's who's a lawyer, and said this will most likely be dismissed since a.) there weren't any damages and b.) there really is no concrete evidence on either side.

I guess I'm just venting at this point, seems like best case scenario is we file a restraining order on them, case gets dismissed, and hopefully her family moves out of that neighborhood (they've been looking to move since my girl and her bro left for college).

dang and you in pgh too! cant wait to move down south lol

a camera would have been nice and did your girl/girls family ever report any past incidents? 

it's pretty much their word vs yours now.

There doesnt seem to be any evidence on the neighbor's end. Is there any reason why the neighbors would go out of their way to do this though?

Sorry to be that guy but is there a difference in race between your girl and her neighbors?

I know Seattle is one of the countries most liberal cities but there's little pockets of haters everywhere.

Sorry to be that guy but is there a difference in race between your girl and her neighbors?
I know Seattle is one of the countries most liberal cities but there's little pockets of haters everywhere.

no need to apologize. i wanted to know as well if race might be playing a factor

no need to apologize. i wanted to know as well if race might be playing a factor

this has been a racial issue since the start. My girl told me after posting this that the neighbors are racist and they've been targeting them and her family (they're the only Asian family in a predominantly white neighborhood), saying racial slurs at her parents.

Yea, race is definitely an issue here, I edited my original post. It's a shame this is happening to her family because yes, I've heard Seattle to be one of the more liberal cities here in the U.S. Like others have said, it's pretty much our word against theirs with no concrete evidence on either side, as well as lack of any damage. Just hoping this case will be dismissed.

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is DO NOT use a public defender. Pay for the lawyer.

Plus, If you win, I'm pretty sure you can take them to civil court and get the money back for the lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom