Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

is this srs? srs question..
Was thinking the same thing. SMH @ that statement  
mean.gif

I think you guys don't understand the impact that words have over time. Over time the word "African American" was made in the '80s as a patronizing attempt to start political correctness, but before the '80s history books referred to Negroes as Negroes...so it's a comment on the power of words and more importantly, a comment on racial identity and how the term was completely fabricated. If you read history books pre '80s (which I'm probably the only person that does) you'll see the mostly referred to Negroes as Negroes. But...actually reading/thinking is a task to great for most.

Every x amount of years, we will change how we refer to people, which is ok if you have a racial identity, but not ok if you are trying to form one, for example the term 'Jew" is somewhat derogatory, but Jews openly embrace it because it's something they can trace through history throughout all of time, they never tried to change their name to "Isreali American" (mostly because Jew is a religion but that's another talk) they are ok with "Jew" because it gives them an identity throughout history.

Last edited:

I think you guys don't understand the impact that words have over time. Over time the word "African American" was made in the '80s as a patronizing attempt to start political correctness, but before the '80s history books referred to Negroes as Negroes...so it's a comment on the power of words and more importantly, a comment on racial identity and how the term was completely fabricated. If you read history books pre '80s (which I'm probably the only person that does) you'll see the mostly referred to Negroes as Negroes. But...actually reading/thinking is a task to great for most.

Every x amount of years, we will change how we refer to people, which is ok if you have a racial identity, but not ok if you are trying to form one, for example the term 'Jew" is somewhat derogatory, but Jews openly embrace it because it's something they can trace through history throughout all of time, they never tried to change their name to "Isreali American" (mostly because Jew is a religion but that's another talk) they are ok with "Jew" because it gives them an identity throughout history.
I can't take you seriously , i just cant. Sorry brother.

Prove me wrong... men lie, women lie, history books don't.

Serious question, why are ya'll so attached to "African American" and turned off my the word Negro? I don't understand it, both terms were made up, but one has a long line of history behind it, the other is a politically correct Band-Aid...I don't get it.

Talk all this "The white man is holding us back" "The white man tries to erase our history" then turn around and call each other "African American" when every civil rights leader openly embraced the term Negro...from W.E.B to Marshall...but yet I'm crazy. IDK, thinking is a skill most don't seem to have.

Prove me wrong... men lie, women lie, history books don't.

Serious question, why are ya'll so attached to "African American" and turned off my the word Negro? I don't understand it, both terms were made up, but one has a long line of history behind it, the other is a politically correct Band-Aid...I don't get it.

Talk all this "The white man is holding us back" "The white man tries to erase our history" then turn around and call each other "African American" when every civil rights leader openly embraced the term Negro...from W.E.B to Marshall...but yet I'm crazy. IDK, thinking is a skill most don't seem to have.

You're dumb. History books do lie b. And/or they don't tell the whole truth. And negro is just a color. Black in Portuguese. So folks were claiming a color, that doesn't actually describe them (show me someone that's legitimately black), in a language they don't speak?

Ah, this ridiculous argument is hilarious.

What happen to good ole black american?

I'm surprised he didn't say even more stupid s### like Magic's son is gay because Magic had HIV.

You're dumb. History books do lie b. And/or they don't tell the whole truth. And negro is just a color. Black in Portuguese. So folks were claiming a color, that doesn't actually describe them (show me someone that's legitimately black), in a language they don't speak?
negro is just a color but Negro is a race. Point s, African American was just as made up as Negro, in fifty years they'll be able to separate the speeches MLK gave from African Americans because MLK never said the word, probably never knew the concept, they were happy being a Negro, they wanted equality. But that point will forever be lost to history. the Negro has a rich history, African Americans don't.

negro is just a color but Negro is a race. Point s, African American was just as made up as Negro, in fifty years they'll be able to separate the speeches MLK gave from African Americans because MLK never said the word, probably never knew the concept, they were happy being a Negro, they wanted equality. But that point will forever be lost to history. the Negro has a rich history, African Americans don't.

I have no clue what you're trying to say, and I don't even care

but negro has a rich history, African Americans don't....wow.... :smh:

Moving on from this nonsense............

People talk about the "white man burying our culture"

the easiest way to do that is by stripping them of their any cultural link to their history

the easiest way to do that is to change the name

MLK, W.E.B, Marcus Garvey, every black leader outside of the last few years, referred to Negroes as Negroes, but now we are being referred to as African Americans, which means all that rhetoric of "The American Negro" no longer applies, or won't apply when the history books are changed. But when you go back and read/listen to the speeches, I fear that that the younger generation won't identify with the rhetoric and won't understand that MLK was talking about them without someone explaining it to them.

If you ever have done independent research through other races throughout history you will realize one thing the people in power do is change the names of the people they conquer, make them "Romans" instead of Isrealites, they make them "Persian" instead of Acadian, they make them whatever they need to make them to remove their cultural link. I see that happening with the term "African American" essentially erasing our cultural link to the Fredrick Douglas, McCoy's etc. none of them were "African American" they were referred to, and referred to themselves as, Negroes.

I don't know how else I can explain it, maybe a history/polisci major will understand.

But I digress, Donald Sterling...racists...do I personally care? Nope, I'd probably be racists to if I didn't know so many people of color/white people.

I think the fact that ya'll equate negro with Negro shows how little, and subtle, culture, race, religion, etc. is. Marshall fought to get the "N" in Negro capitalized, he did that because he understood the historical significance of us having our own race, independent from the white man.

Last edited:
Naw, negro is an experience and a lineage. I am a negro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom