LeBron gets star treatment

March 1, 2009. Philips Arena.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I ve been in tears the last 10 min reading this thread.

What I get from this thread though is everybody seem to have Lebron as the MVP,in reality it should be Wade hands down.

Considering Wade had next to nothing compared to LeBron,but the influence of ESPN is going to have LeBron lifting his first MVP in a few weeks.

Oh yeah LeBron=Perimeter Vlade Divac

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

What I get from this thread though is everybody seem to have Lebron as the MVP,in reality it should be Wade hands down.

Considering Wade had next to nothing compared to LeBron,but the influence of ESPN is going to have LeBron lifting his first MVP in a few weeks.

Your post reeks of hate.
sick.gif

all stars get "star treatment," jus leave it at that. Wade, Kobe, Bron, Jordan, the list could go on....
Its part of what makes the game entertaining.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Your post reeks of hate.
sick.gif

You serious???!

I never seen Mike do a Ballarina routine...I mean "Crab Dribble" to get to the basket.

Everytime he get hit its like he had a concussion and its just a little girl pulling his jersey asking for a autograph.

I know his SAG card is going to be used to its full extent starting next week.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif

So someone linked to the Bulls organization is complaining about LeBron not being called for fouls?

jordanor7.jpg

This is the same D-Bag, that said the Cavs got "Fleeced" by the Bulls last trade deadline.

LeBron doesn't get into foul trouble is because he uses his feet instead of his hands like Pavlovic does. LeBron's never really been a guy to get called for fouls. In his first five years he averaged only 1.9, 1.8, 2.3, 2.2, and 2.2 fouls per game. This season it is a mixture of better defensive positioning and less minutes played, mainly the less minutes played part. Here is LeBron's fouls/minutes played number by season:

03/04: 149/3,122 (0.48 PF every 10 minutes).
04/05: 146/3,388 (0.43 PF every 10 minutes).
05/06: 181/3,361 (0.54 PF every 10 minutes).
06/07: 171/3,190 (0.54 PF every 10 minutes).
07/08: 165/3,027 (0.55 PF every 10 minutes).
08/09: 132/2.918 (0.45 PF every 10 minutes).

Basically, LeBron's fouls per minute this season aren't even at the lowest point they have been in his career. In only his second year in the league he got fewer fouls called per minute (Only 0.1 more fouls per game than this season, too). Even looking at recent history, he's complaining that LeBron is averaging one-tenth of a foul less per 10 minutes this season than last season (which marked his most fouls called per minute in a season). It just seems like he's really reaching for something to write about.
Wow.. great analysis and use of evidence. Thread shoulda ended after this post, lebron doesn't get star treatment.

I'm convinced that Sam Smith is a douche who needs to get his facts straight before writing articles. Why'd he wait til an MVP season to startcomplaining about this?

laugh.gif
at all the nonsense in this thread. I'm not surprised by this 'treatment' that Lebron is getting.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

LeBron James is the the beneficiary of star treatment from NBA officials? You don't say...

I know, right. Like it's something new or that someone just discovered. Last year's playoffs really set the tone for this year's MVP campaign setup by the NBA itself. It suits the NBA to propel LJ as their posterboy in order to reap from the economic interests he will bring them for years to come.Thisincludes giving him the benefit of the doubt on the court. Stern may have denied knowing about the refs being crooked and/or showing preferential treatmentpost-Donaghe, but do you really believe a bloodsucker like David Stern? Do you really find the refereeing in the NBA to be legit and equal? Dude gets passesfor having a brand name. At least admit to that.

Back
Top Bottom