LeBron Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

Was that not the right basketball play to make though? Anybody who has even played Pick Up Ball knows that was a great pass to an open player. Hill got fouled, missed the go ahead free throw, JR tricked the game into OT, Lebron didn't close it out. The hate overshadows real basketball logic in here but continue lol.

First, I mentioned three different things in my post. You focused on one of them, but you also admitted to the one that I would consider the most important (i.e. "Lebron didn't close it out [in OT]").

Second, I never said passing to George Hill in that situation was "not the right basketball play to make."

Even if I had said that, I would say that we don't know what would have happened if Hill hadn't been fouled. From an in-game perspective, I don't know which opportunity would have had a higher probability of success... George Hill in the lane with a collapsing Warriors defense (assuming he caught the pass) or lebronze one-on-one with Curry on the perimeter. I'm not saying which one is better, but I think you can argue both ways, especially if you hold lebronze in high regard.

I would also note that a team's best player doesn't always make the "right basketball play," especially in crunch time. Typical perimeter player isolations at the end of a game are definitely not usually the "right basketball play," but they happen all the time... and that's exactly what lebronze was about to do before Hill made his move. The way that lebronze "executed" that sequence, it seems he was intending to hold for the last shot. (Note: You could argue that, since they were down by one with plenty of time remaining when their possession started, the "right basketball play" was not to hold for the last shot in that situation.)

However, holding for the last shot is what a team's best perimeter player usually does in crunch time situations, and that's where you cement your status as a legend when you deliver. We have seen lebronze shy away from this situation many times (yes, I'm aware he made two game winners previously in the 2018 playoffs; honestly, that should have given him more reason to throw one up in this situation). Outside of true point guards who are pass-first and/or don't have a physical advantage over their opponent (and lebronze), I don't recall anyone else getting a pass for trying to make the "right basketball play" that ultimately failed. Why does he get a pass for this when almost every great player is judged by the end result when they fail, whether they took the shot or not?

Finally, if we're really looking for who made the "right basketball play" here, George Hill should get the credit for moving around to the open space, since lebronze was just sitting out there with the ball for about 5 seconds with time almost running out. (On the telecast, Mark Jackson almost immediately praised Hill for "moving without the basketball" after the play occurred.)

Again, I never said it wasn't the "right" play to make. However, I do think there are legitimate arguments to question it, and, ultimately, his decision failed.

First, I mentioned three different things in my post. You focused on one of them, but you also admitted to the one that I would consider the most important (i.e. "Lebron didn't close it out [in OT]").

Second, I never said passing to George Hill in that situation was "not the right basketball play to make."

Even if I had said that, I would say that we don't know what would have happened if Hill hadn't been fouled. From an in-game perspective, I don't know which opportunity would have had a higher probability of success... George Hill in the lane with a collapsing Warriors defense (assuming he caught the pass) or lebronze one-on-one with Curry on the perimeter. I'm not saying which one is better, but I think you can argue both ways, especially if you hold lebronze in high regard.

I would also note that a team's best player doesn't always make the "right basketball play," especially in crunch time. Typical perimeter player isolations at the end of a game are definitely not usually the "right basketball play," but they happen all the time... and that's exactly what lebronze was about to do before Hill made his move. The way that lebronze "executed" that sequence, it seems he was intending to hold for the last shot. (Note: You could argue that, since they were down by one with plenty of time remaining when their possession started, the "right basketball play" was not to hold for the last shot in that situation.)

However, holding for the last shot is what a team's best perimeter player usually does in crunch time situations, and that's where you cement your status as a legend when you deliver. We have seen lebronze shy away from this situation many times (yes, I'm aware he made two game winners previously in the 2018 playoffs; honestly, that should have given him more reason to throw one up in this situation). Outside of true point guards who are pass-first and/or don't have a physical advantage over their opponent (and lebronze), I don't recall anyone else getting a pass for trying to make the "right basketball play" that ultimately failed. Why does he get a pass for this when almost every great player is judged by the end result when they fail, whether they took the shot or not?

Finally, if we're really looking for who made the "right basketball play" here, George Hill should get the credit for moving around to the open space, since lebronze was just sitting out there with the ball for about 5 seconds with time almost running out. (On the telecast, Mark Jackson almost immediately praised Hill for "moving without the basketball" after the play occurred.)

Again, I never said it wasn't the "right" play to make. However, I do think there are legitimate arguments to question it, and, ultimately, his decision failed.
EBD5BE13-4EA8-4417-85C1-EF672C0D8C62.gif

zN8OSBV.gif

"Yeah, teams usually don't win when their best player passes off to George Hill in crunch time..."

You mentioned 3 things 2 of which I agree with but I'm wondering what exactly does this statement imply? To me that's saying Lebron should've done otherwise. He shouldn't have passed the ball to a wide open George Hill is what it sounds like to me.

I think that a George Hill layup has a much higher success rate than Lebron isolating Steph Curry WITH Draymond Green and Kevin Durant sitting high at the elbow waiting on him to make a move. He probably would've had to force a 20+ footer to get a bucket. Give me the lay up in that situation. Klay and Draymond were sleep on that cut, and Looney wasn't sagging off on Kevin Love whatsoever. I personally think holding for last shot was the right call. Lebron has this habit of shying away from big moments but as you said was pretty clutch all playoffs. He scored the go ahead bucket right before Steph Curry hit that And 1. Not to mention after JR got the rebound off of George Hills missed free throw, he was calling for the rock to take the last shot. Sounds like we're living in the past a tad bit too much here. I don't see any sense of a player shying away from a big moment doing what he did. Lastly, both players should get credit. A great cut by Hill and a great pass by LBJ.

Let's not speak of players getting passes because the list is very long lol. I just can't imagine myself blaming Lebron James for making the right basketball play in a situation like this. You definitely got an argument with his actions after the 4th Q ended and the OT performance. End result was a blown game by Cleveland as a whole not just one player. That's just my take. Flip it how you want though lol.

Last edited:
"Yeah, teams usually don't win when their best player passes off to George Hill in crunch time..."

You mentioned 3 things 2 of which I agree with but I'm wondering what exactly does this statement imply? To me that's saying Lebron should've done otherwise. He shouldn't have passed the ball to a wide open George Hill is what it sounds like to me.

I think that a George Hill layup has a much higher success rate than Lebron isolating Steph Curry WITH Draymond Green and Kevin Durant sitting high at the elbow waiting on him to make a move. He probably would've had to force a 20+ footer to get a bucket. Give me the lay up in that situation. Klay and Draymond were sleep on that cut, and Looney wasn't sagging off on Kevin Love whatsoever. I personally think holding for last shot was the right call. Lebron has this habit of shying away from big moments but as you said was pretty clutch all playoffs. He scored the go ahead bucket right before Steph Curry hit that And 1. Not to mention after JR got the rebound off of George Hills missed free throw, he was calling for the rock to take the last shot. Sounds like we're living in the past a tad bit too much here. I don't see any sense of a player shying away from a big moment doing what he did. Lastly, both players should get credit. A great cut by Hill and a great pass by LBJ.

Let's not speak of players getting passes because the list is very long lol. I just can't imagine myself blaming Lebron James for making the right basketball play in a situation like this. You definitely got an argument with his actions after the 4th Q ended and the OT performance. End result was a blown game by Cleveland as a whole not just one player. That's just my take. Flip it how you want though lol.

My response was intended to point out that there are arguments both ways and that hate did not "overshadow" logic. I set forth my arguments, and I acknowledge yours. Through my arguments, I was suggesting that there is logic in questioning lebronze's decision with respect to that play. I also suggested that, at the very least, George Hill should get credit for the play, which you acknowledge.

With that said, I will add just a few things regarding the "best player = last shot" angle...

Regarding this angle, the statement "teams usually don't win when their best player passes off to George Hill in crunch time" implies the following: A team's best player usually takes the last shot in crunch time situations, such as the one lebronze was in at the time. (I again note that this is particularly true for perimeter players, as traditional big guys had to rely on perimeter players feeding the ball to them and have historically been slower/bulkier/usually playing a "back to the basket" type of style that is easier to trap. Further, true pass first point guards are also not necessarily in this group, even though they may arguably be their team's best player.)

A team's best (perimeter) player usually represents the best chance for success in such situations. This is usually due to some combination of factors (physical and/or skill) that make them difficult to guard, which is necessary in such situations because the defense is usually playing at full intensity. To cut to the chase, a team's best player is usually best-equipped to handle these situations due to these abilities and because they usually have a lot of experience in these situations. On the other hand, role players (regardless of overall experience) do not always handle these situations very well, whether that is due to a lack of ability, inability to handle pressure, lack of experience in such situations, or a combination of these and other factors. Although I don't have concrete evidence, I would argue that there are more role players out there who will perform like Nick Anderson in crunch time than will perform like Robert Horry.

(In this situation, George Hill actually ended up proving this point in a way. He buckled under the pressure by missing the second free throw. He is basically an 80% free throw shooter for his career in the regular season and playoffs.)

So, rather than rely on a role player who may be out of their league/comfort zone in such situations, I think a lot of the all-time greats looked at these opportunities as moments where they had control of their own fate. Because of this, the "best basketball play" as the play developed went out the window in a way... during a crunch time situation, having the ball in their hands for the last shot WAS the "best basketball play" by default. I'm not saying selfishness doesn't play a factor at times here, but the general premise still stands... most teams would roll the dice with a situation where their best perimeter player (particularly if they are an all-time great) was taking the last shot, regardless of the circumstances/potential selfishness involved.

Certain players almost always took this responsibility upon themselves, with the true greats delivering more often than not. To name a few examples, people were shocked anytime that MJ, Kobe, Larry, and Reggie did NOT take a shot during crunch time, particularly the last shot. These players almost always took the last shot. Were those shots always the "best basketball play?" I would say they probably were the best option at the start of all of those plays... as the plays developed, maybe they ended up being less desirable plays from an observer's perspective. But even in those situations, from a player's perspective and a results perspective, the all-time greats MADE these plays work.

It's very difficult to argue that a play wasn't the "best basketball play" when it works, and the all-time great clutch players took it upon themselves to make it work more often than not. lebronze has a history of avoiding these moments... there is simply no way around this (and again, his previous game winners in the 2018 playoffs really suggest he should have embraced this moment as well). Thus, while lebronze may have made the "best basketball play" from an observer's perspective, if lebronze is as great as everyone says he is, he should have kept it in his hands and left no room for debate by making it work himself.

(This play in particular is very difficult to give him a pass for, as CURRY was the primary defender. I know the rest of the defense was watching him, but he had a guaranteed clean look at the basket from the top of the circle area based on Curry guarding him.)

So, in summary, I definitely think there is something to be said for players that embrace the fact that they have control over their fate in these situations. Due to their sheer physical advantage/skill advantage/will/determination/talent/etc., they decide that their shot, regardless of difficulty, is the "best basketball play," whether that ultimately was the "best basketball play" to make in that situation or not from an outside perspective. The all-time greats usually left little room for debate because they came through in the clutch on their own more often than not. It's pretty difficult to argue with their results.

And again, I repeat, I never said that lebronze failed to make the "best basketball play" in this situation, and I still have not said that. All I am saying is that it is debatable (and, therefore, not illogical to question this decision), particularly in light of the fact that all-time greats usually don't leave this type of thing up for debate.

Cant wait for this season. I was loving what the Lakers where doing, until they brought ***** *** Bron.

Thank god for OG true Lakers fan that continue the hate. This new found love from the same people that crucified Bron and always rated Kobe first is truly despicable.

This meme is so much truth to what's going on and the fact Bron is in Hollywood is proof.
Screenshot_20180822-141848_Chrome.jpg

Is Lebron gonna keep repping osu after they let urban skate?

DJMxA_pXkAAIZaV.jpg

Not even hating, but he’s gotta distance himself, no?

Dear Brothers in Hate,

After much deliberation and consideration, I've decided to opt-out of the remaining 4 years of my L3-6ron Hater contract.

We've had an amazing run. If I were a lesser man hater, I'd say, "It was a run I could have never imagined," but that would be a lie, and it would severely undermine the amount of work and dedication that I, along with all of you, have put towards the cause. It was a truly memorable run that I will cherish forever.

But something's changed, and it all began on July 2nd, 2018. Never in a million years could I have ever fathomed L3-6ron donning that beautiful purple and gold, but like the true cancer that he is, it seems as if he is determined to spread his franchise-destroying, coach-killing, teammate-blaming *****assness until he's infected the entire league. Unfortunately for me, his latest victim appears to be my beloved Lakers. Which is why I've been forced to make this most difficult decision. I hope you all can understand, if not today, then at least sometime in the near future.

Since joining the cause, I've always given you my maximum effort. Night in and night out. Through banishments and warnings, I've always flown the banner of the L3-6ron Haters.

But I've always believed that if you couldn't fully commit to something with all of your heart, then it was better off without you. Which is why I've decided to opt-out of the remaining 4 years of my contract....and to sign a LIFE-LONG CONTRACT with the L3-6ron Haters.

**** BRON BRON

**** MAGIC JOHNSON

AND **** ANYONE WHO LIKES THEM

I DON'T GIVE A **** WHAT COLORS THIS OVERRATED PIECE OF **** DECIDES TO PLAY HIS ****TY *** BRAND OF BASKETBALL IN. I'M A HATER 4 LIFE.

MAY OUR REIGN NEVER DIE.

Lord of Hate, come to us in our darkness. We offer you this false king. Take him and cast your light upon us. For a L3/8ron win would be dark and full of ridiculous praise.
Time to lock and load, boys.

giphy.gif

Quest for 6 begins tonight. :smokin
THREE MOAR PLZ!
tenor.gif

We have no room for halfway haters.
Crying like a little *****.

#NotMyTop73
TWO MOAR PLZ!
2k didn't choose those words, LeFraud did.

He definitely tried to sneak GOAT in there. Probably wrote it as tiny as possible hoping no one saw.
Quest for #6 continues tonight.

LETS ****ING GO.
ONE MOAR PLZ!
Bro, he's the biggest front-runner in the history of sports. Such a ****ing clown.

KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY

This the hate that got the stans hot, they got super hot.

**** Bron Bron.

And aren't you in the Lakers hate thread? I hope YOU keep that same energy.

Dear Brothers in Hate,

After much deliberation and consideration, I've decided to opt-out of the remaining 4 years of my L3-6ron Hater contract.

We've had an amazing run. If I were a lesser man hater, I'd say, "It was a run I could have never imagined," but that would be a lie, and it would severely undermine the amount of work and dedication that I, along with all of you, have put towards the cause. It was a truly memorable run that I will cherish forever.

But something's changed, and it all began on July 2nd, 2018. Never in a million years could I have ever fathomed L3-6ron donning that beautiful purple and gold, but like the true cancer that he is, it seems as if he is determined to spread his franchise-destroying, coach-killing, teammate-blaming *****assness until he's infected the entire league. Unfortunately for me, his latest victim appears to be my beloved Lakers. Which is why I've been forced to make this most difficult decision. I hope you all can understand, if not today, then at least sometime in the near future.

Since joining the cause, I've always given you my maximum effort. Night in and night out. Through banishments and warnings, I've always flown the banner of the L3-6ron Haters.

But I've always believed that if you couldn't fully commit to something with all of your heart, then it was better off without you. Which is why I've decided to opt-out of the remaining 4 years of my contract....and to sign a LIFE-LONG CONTRACT with the L3-6ron Haters.

**** BRON BRON

**** MAGIC JOHNSON

I DON'T GIVE A **** WHAT COLORS THIS OVERRATED PIECE OF **** DECIDES TO PLAY HIS ****TY *** BRAND OF BASKETBALL IN. I'M A HATER 4 LIFE.

MAY OUR REIGN NEVER DIE.

Whew! You had me for a second :lol:. Thought we lost another great!

My dawg :emoji_fist::emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_handshake::emoji_raised_hands:

Dear Brothers in Hate,

**** BRON BRON

**** MAGIC JOHNSON

MAY OUR REIGN NEVER DIE.

As someone who was blinded by the chump known as Lebron James and who’s hate waivered I was damn near gutted reading this post until the end. You are an inspiration sir. Your hate has been a consistent beacon of light when mine had faltered and looked the other way. I commend you sir. **** Bron Bron indeed

Dear Brothers in Hate,

**** BRON BRON

**** MAGIC JOHNSON

MAY OUR REIGN NEVER DIE.

17A3273F-4D65-47BE-BDE8-F22D53ED5F89.gif

This the hate that got the stans hot, they got super hot.

**** Bron Bron.

And aren't you in the Lakers hate thread? I hope YOU keep that same energy.
Oh, you think hate is your ally. But you merely adopted the hate; I was born in it, moulded by it.

My hate for the Lakers is stronger than ever

Dear Brothers in Hate,

**** BRON BRON

**** MAGIC JOHNSON

MAY OUR REIGN NEVER DIE.
Had me worried for a minute smh. But as a laker fan since age 7, I have to say I hope we make the playoffs, hope our young talent develop and grow all the while he has career lows and plays the worse basketball in his career and request a trade or some ****.

L3-6RON mad that reporters dont know who he is. LoL

News flash ***** boy, there are a lot of people that don't give a **** about you. Why would anyone know what Jersey you wear during practice.

**** you.

3 reasons why Lebron went to the Lakers

1. Movie career.
2. **** the Lakers up.
3. Trying to get the Lakers to a playoff birth and take all the credit for his legacy and another MVP.

Transparent dude. Knows he cant win another chip so he trying to.figure what can he do to at least be mentioned amongst the great. Like the Lakers were not on their way already.

:stoneface: How can you lose constantly and run away from home constantly and be insecure about going bald yet be this cocky??

Back
Top Bottom