LeBron Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

The Basketball court is the real world. If it weren't, you would not have these fans who identify so deeply with these teams.
Understanding how Black athletes of interest are held to a different standard in this country, in this world really, It is pretty clear.
Going back to Ali, people who were against what the champ represented rooted for Sonny Liston, then Joe Frazier. Muhammad had Malcolm X sitting ringside when he first defeated Liston. Before the fight, the promoters wanted to cancel the fight because of his associated with Malcolm and Elijah Muhammad. Ali was becoming too black. People rooted harder for Liston, just to shut "Clay's" mouth. The first fight against Frazier held a similar tone. Ali was too Black, and this was a problem for many who felt that Black professional athletes should just be grateful to make money and live well in this country.
I see it with LeBron as well. I saw it intensify when he recently came out against Trump, calling him a "bum".

I root for Black people who aren't afraid of being Black.
If that makes me a fan boy? So be it.
Perhaps I am missing something but LeBron is loved by the media. Are you saying black people are loved in the real world?

Unfortunately, I am used to that speak as well.
MAGA supporters are a bunch of wimps.
Perhaps you misinterpreted my post, this is a LeBron hate thread we don't want no uplifting comments in here about him. If this was a Tom Brady haters thread I would say the same thing.

Perhaps I am missing something but LeBron is loved by the media. Are you saying black people are loved in the real world?
LeBron being loved by the media is an opinion.
Black people not being loved in this world is a fact.

LeBron being loved by the media is an opinion.
Black people not being loved in this world is a fact.

6FA5787B-B078-4A65-8569-30A44A5B9481.gif

The Basketball court is the real world. If it weren't, you would not have these fans who identify so deeply with these teams.
Understanding how Black athletes of interest are held to a different standard in this country, in this world really, It is pretty clear.
Going back to Ali, people who were against what the champ represented rooted for Sonny Liston, then Joe Frazier. Muhammad had Malcolm X sitting ringside when he first defeated Liston. Before the fight, the promoters wanted to cancel the fight because of his association with Malcolm and Elijah Muhammad. Ali was becoming too black. People rooted harder for Liston, just to shut "Clay's" mouth. The first fight against Frazier held a similar tone. Ali was too Black, and this was a problem for many who felt that Black professional athletes should just be grateful to make money and live well in this country.
I see it with LeBron as well. I saw it intensify when he recently came out against Trump, calling him a "bum".

I root for Black people who aren't afraid of being Black.
If that makes me a fan boy? So be it.
Bruh...

Please tell me you did not equate this guy with Ali.

Ali made his stances with little to no support behind him. Lebron says what he says with roughly half the country, the liberal media, AND a multi-billion dollar corporation (Nike) backing him up.

Brother, I am so called black as well so I understand your drive to support anyone who appears to support us. But you have to pay attention to a lot of the brand building factors behind what many of these “celebrities” couch “activism”, and most importantly, you can’t let your support of them lead into IDOLATRY, where you become blinded to all logic and reason. That’s a MAJOR problem in our community.

Good day sir.

Bruh...

Please tell me you did not equate this guy with Ali.

Ali made his stances with little to no support behind him. Lebron says what he says with roughly half the country, the liberal media, AND a multi-billion dollar corporation (Nike) backing him up.

Brother, I am so called black as well so I understand your drive to support anyone who appears to support us. But you have to pay attention to a lot of the brand building factors behind what many of these “celebrities” couch “activism”, and most importantly, you can’t let your support of them lead into IDOLATRY, where you become blinded to all logic and reason. That’s a MAJOR problem in our community.

Good day sir.
I equate LeBron with being Black, then admire his acceptance of being a Black man in america, regardless of his success. I cannot same the same thing for many of the modern so called Black athlete's, those who emulated OJ Simpson's path to success.

Ali's stance had the support of the conscious Black community behind him. The Nation of Islam, Dr. King, and his family, along with his training staff were there as well. There are times that all you need are those of whom you can trust, while going through what Muhammad went through. LeBron saying what he has, had the N word spray painted upon his home. He also had supposed Laker fans, those who may have had a hidden agenda, defacing murals in LA. The Fox news reporter that stated that he should just shut up and dribble, spoke for many who were also against the Colin Kaepernick situation. Some now forget how tense that was exactly. So no, half the country was not behind LeBron, as you stated.

Nike has its own issues, not only with the current President of The United States, but within their own ranks as well. Sexism and workplace discrimination are few of the issues that face the company, and rightfully so. For years Nike had stood silent as kids were dying over Air Jordan's. As we know, Nike presses exorbitant pricing for cheaply made shoes, all while being made by underpaid workers. Jordan never said a damned thing, nor did anyone else. LeBron is the first athlete backed by Nike, who has actually taken a public political stand that is anti racism, anti sexism, and anti discrimination. He has plenty to lose, but he could only find out if Nike and all of the other companies were solidly behind him, if he took the first step. That took courage. I stand behind that move, and I stand firmly behind the thought that he is doing it because of his Blackness.

So I am not here to debate what the major problem is in my community. I feel that once people begin to suggest what our problem is, supposedly from within, you are stating that the problem is with us. it isn't. This isn't imaginary. White Supremacy is the problem, not some supposed Black inferiority. Don't be blinded by bootstrap theology. White people do not want you to succeed in this country, and that is why Trump and his crew wants that wall, and white conservative judges to control all courts.

So again, if what I am stating sounds like idolatry, well, if being pro Black success is considered idolatry, count me in.

I equate LeBron with being Black, then admire his acceptance of being a Black man in america, regardless of his success. I cannot same the same thing for many of the modern so called Black athlete's, those who emulated OJ Simpson's path to success.

Ali's stance had the support of the conscious Black community behind him. The Nation of Islam, Dr. King, and his family, along with his training staff were there as well. There are times that all you need are those of whom you can trust, while going through what Muhammad went through. LeBron saying what he has, had the N word spray painted upon his home. He also had supposed Laker fans, those who may have had a hidden agenda, defacing murals in LA. The Fox news reporter that stated that he should just shut up and dribble, spoke for many who were also against the Colin Kaepernick situation. Some now forget how tense that was exactly. So no, half the country was not behind LeBron, as you stated.

Nike has its own issues, not only with the current President of The United States, but within their own ranks as well. Sexism and workplace discrimination are few of the issues that face the company, and rightfully so. For years Nike had stood silent as kids were dying over Air Jordan's. As we know, Nike presses exorbitant pricing for cheaply made shoes, all while being made by underpaid workers. Jordan never said a damned thing, nor did anyone else. LeBron is the first athlete backed by Nike, who has actually taken a public political stand that is anti racism, anti sexism, and anti discrimination. He has plenty to lose, but he could only find out if Nike and all of the other companies were solidly behind him, if he took the first step. That took courage. I stand behind that move, and I stand firmly behind the thought that he is doing it because of his Blackness.

So I am not here to debate what the major problem is in my community. I feel that once people begin to suggest what our problem is, supposedly from within, you are stating that the problem is with us. it isn't. This isn't imaginary. White Supremacy is the problem, not some supposed Black inferiority. Don't be blinded by bootstrap theology. White people do not want you to succeed in this country, and that is why Trump and his crew wants that wall, and white conservative judges to control all courts.

So again, if what I am stating sounds like idolatry, well, if being pro Black success is considered idolatry, count me in.
Are we overlooking Ali and his womanizing ways or is that just a by product of being a black athlete?

Yeah you can say a lot things about Lebron so called antics but I would say Lebron is probably in the top 10 all time of unapologetically Black pro athletes.

Fam

No one is rallying against lebron because he’s black, wtf are you talking about?

Read through this thread, people don’t like him because of his antics, not his race
I read a few recent comments about his school and his lack of involvement, his lack of authenticity. That is what I was addressing.

Off court Lebron is a Phenomenal Human Being. On Court In the League He absolutely embodies everything what's wrong with the league. Stay Focused here peeps We talking about hooping not race and this is being spoken by a black man!!!!!!!!!. David Blat isn't the ideal Coach for a professional franchise ,tell me when the hell in history has a coach been fired and his team was in first place? Same B.S going on now he gonna get a good quite suite ( Ty Lue) again and let him stink up the plays again. Listing to Max Kellermen riding Lebrons bag as I type this now. I hope They Let Luke go he goes back to G.S and countiue to kick his A22.

Last edited:
Yo this ***** lowkey ain’t ****. My goodness.

75810FDC-A950-497A-9101-6355673749AA.jpeg
This wasn't about Basketball.
It is character assassination. So here you have a brother who has done the right thing, so in order to support your case against him, this happens.
But it is a hater's thread. So hey, my bad.

See your Point there and it easily got off track at that point. Yet and Still lets be mindful of this is a haters basketball thread.

This wasn't about Basketball.
It is character assassination. So here you have a brother who has done the right thing, so in order to support your case against him, this happens.
But it is a hater's thread. So hey, my bad.

The timing of the school came after a large basketball decision with him leaving his hometown team AGAIN but having this school open in an attempt to curtail any negative backlash the natives as well as the basketball world could have given him for another cowardice act. He gets front in center of the camera to present the school as if it were all off his funding and muscle when in actuality, it isn’t with very few ties to his pocket other than 2 mil and the “promise” of scholarship funding for the first graduating class which will be 2021....

Meanwhile Kevin Durant just went back to his hometown in Maryland, opened an after school center with 10 million of his own money and not once looked for a pat on the back or have media documenting the opening. Anybody in this thread long enough witnessed me going from big time hater to leader of the Lebron campaign and now back to not taking him serious. Lebron is a clown on and off the court.

The timing of the school came after a large basketball decision with him leaving his hometown team AGAIN but having this school open in an attempt to curtail any negative backlash the natives as well as the basketball world could have given him for another cowardice act. He gets front in center of the camera to present the school as if it were all off his funding and muscle when in actuality, it isn’t with very few ties to his pocket other than 2 mil and the “promise” of scholarship funding for the first graduating class which will be 2021....

Reread what you wrote. He's a clown off the court for paying out of his own pocket for hundreds of kids to go to college free of charge? So what he put it in the media? That's EXACTLY the type of media that needs to be covered. Who cares if he wanted to switch basketball teams? That's HIS decision fam. Not the fans. He can play wherever he wants to. Y'all hate runs so deep y'all don't even have common sense anymore

Kudos to KD as well. He chose to go about it his way. I respect it.

Meanwhile Kevin Durant just went back to his hometown in Maryland, opened an after school center with 10 million of his own money and not once looked for a pat on the back or have media documenting the opening. Anybody in this thread long enough witnessed me going from big time hater to leader of the Lebron campaign and now back to not taking him serious. Lebron is a clown on and off the court.

Subjective, all opinion. You have a right to that opinion, but here are a few things..
LeBron is from Akron, not Cleveland. Cleveland is not his hometown. He owns them nothing.
Secondly, when he first took his talents to South Beach, there is no doubt that the move was handled poorly. Calling it amateurish would be a compliment. Fact is, there were a few events by those fans and owner, that were downright racist. The letter from the owner of the Cavs, who is a current Trump supporter, was a point of contention in the locker room during LeBron's final year in Cleveland. Also, how many of the white fans decided to show a lynched LeBron being burned in effigy, all while wearing the jersey? There were quite a few. LeBron forgave those acts, got them a chip as well. So you think that opening a school for kids in need was somehow disingenuous? He didn't have to do anything, and in my opinion, if it were not for kids in need, I say that he should have won the chip, then skipped town. To heck with them all.

What KD did is marvelous, and best believe that just like with LeBron leaving Cleveland to go to Miami, KD saw that. If LeBron could do it and then survive the backlash, then it was cool for KD to do it. No longer does a highly prominent Black athlete have to act like OJ Simpson in order to get non Black people to like him while being signed to Nike. If LeBron didn't make it public, best believe that nobody would have talked about it in Trump's america.

Shut up and dribble, right? Shut up and give your money away, right? Don't tell white america that they suck, right?

They wont buy your shoes.

The only clowns out here, are those who still give a damn about what white america thinks.

Reread what you wrote. He's a clown off the court for paying out of his own pocket for hundreds of kids to go to college free of charge? So what he put it in the media? That's EXACTLY the type of media that needs to be covered. Who cares if he wanted to switch basketball teams? That's HIS decision fam. Not the fans. He can play wherever he wants to. Y'all hate runs so deep y'all don't even have common sense anymore

Kudos to KD as well. He chose to go about it his way. I respect it.

Doing something incredible doesn’t warrant self a self appropriated pat on the back. That comes off as disingenuous no matter what your intentions are. Of course he can switch teams if he wants but if you’re a student of the game as he claims to be, don’t go around self proclaiming yourself to be the greatest basketball player of all time. That’s what makes him clown.

Subjective, all opinion. You have a right to that opinion, but here are a few things..
LeBron is from Akron, not Cleveland. Cleveland is not his hometown. He owns them nothing.
Secondly, when he first took his talents to South Beach, there is no doubt that the move was handled poorly. Calling it amateurish would be a compliment. Fact is, there were a few events by those fans and owner, that were downright racist. The letter from the owner of the Cavs, who is a current Trump supporter, was a point of contention in the locker room during LeBron's final year in Cleveland. Also, how many of the white fans decided to show a lynched LeBron being burned in effigy, all while wearing the jersey? There were quite a few. LeBron forgave those acts, got them a chip as well. So you think that opening a school for kids in need was somehow disingenuous? He didn't have to do anything, and in my opinion, if it were not for kids in need, I say that he should have won the chip, then skipped town. To heck with them all.

What KD did is marvelous, and best believe that just like with LeBron leaving Cleveland to go to Miami, KD saw that. If LeBron could do it and then survive the backlash, then it was cool for KD to do it. No longer does a highly prominent Black athlete have to act like OJ Simpson in order to get non Black people to like him while being signed to Nike. If LeBron didn't make it public, best believe that nobody would have talked about it in Trump's america.

Shut up and dribble, right? Shut up and give your money away, right? Don't tell white america that they suck, right?

They wont buy your shoes.

The only clowns out here, are those who still give a damn about what white america thinks.

This isn’t a black and white thing. This is a ball in hoop thing. No body is critiquing Lebron’s role in White America. We’re critiquing his on court antics and how he maneuvers off court to dissuade people of his short comings in an area he is or was so talented in.

This isn’t a black and white thing. This is a ball in hoop thing. No body is critiquing Lebron’s role in White America. We’re critiquing his on court antics and how he maneuvers off court to dissuade people of his short comings in an area he is or was so talented in.
In regard to the perception of Black athletes in America, it is always about race. As soon as you question his motives, as if his character is flawed, people will see him as a Black man first.
Tim Tebow has never done a damned thing on the level of LeBron professionally. Yet he gets a pass from bigots like Skip Bayless on the regular, and he is considered a winner by the media. He is someone who is always getting a second and third chance to be successful, even at a sport that he hadn't played successfully since High School. There isn't one Black athlete who has been as big of a failure as Tebow, that has gotten the chances that Tebow has. LeBron leaves Cleveland, and now he somehow is wrong at exercising his right as a human being? Maybe if he pulled a Sammy Sosa while lightening his skin, then telling everyone how Christian he is, perhaps things might be different.

But this is about hoops, right?

Tebow only played 16 games in the NFL? How is that being given chance after chance? Career 29 TD's (Passing/Rushing) 9 Interceptions isn't THAT bad? His other opportunity is Minor League Baseball where he's been decent enough to make it to AAA?

To me and I think others as well, the first exposure to an 'unapologetically black athlete' in the nba was AI. The league had to institute a dress code in response to him and other players wearing their street style to games and his idgaf attitude resonated big time with young fans like myself besides being an all time great. As a matter of fact, it was fairly controversial at the time with some players decrying the practice as indirectly racist at least. I found this old article and collection of quotes from players around the league regarding the issue and what do you know here are Lebron's thoughts on the matter:

"No it's not a big deal, not to me. Sometimes you feel lazy and you don't feel like putting some clothes on, but this is a job. We are going to have fun, but this is a job and we should look like we're going to work, that's the way they feel."
-- Cavs swingman LeBron James, quoted in the Oct. 19 Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://ballislife.com/remembering-when-the-nba-created-a-dress-code-in-2005-was-it-racist/

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=2197012

According to him, it sounds like his take is that his fellow colleagues were sometimes too lazy to put in the effort to look presentable in a professional setting. Personally, I'm inclined to agree actually as I think your appearance should reflect your professionalism. However, some players in that article make very compelling arguments about white collar criminals looking dapper and that appearances can be deceiving. Either way, a healthy debate could be had about the merits of a dress code or letting people express themselves truly. Thing is though, all this shows is that Lebron is more of a conformist than someone who goes against the grain (we don't need to beat a dead horse when it comes to fleeing to greener pastures).

Grant Hill apparently was fine with it too, but Tim Duncan thought it was "basically ******ed" so opinions vary obviously. But let's not pretend like Lebron is some kind of social issues guru or political trailblazer when many, many others came before him. I could easily try to twist this and say that Lebron wasn't with it when it came to issues that black players cared about in the 2000's, but that would be disingenuous. Likewise it's silly to imply that the Bron backlash is due to racist double standards in the media, he relishes being in the spotlight for better and worse. C'mon man. Some people are just haters it's not complicated :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom