Lebron James had to apologize for quoting "jewish money" lyrics

re: Juicy J

When it comes to going BACK and digging up people's dirt and getting outraged by it, one thing gets lost in the shuffle. The climate of society.

The climate of society (at THAT time) has more to say about the comments than judging it from the current time.

I am not saying the behavior is RIGHT because it is more accepted because at one point, it WAS more acceptable to hang black men from bridges.
I am not saying the behavior is RIGHT because it is more accepted because at one point, it WAS more acceptable to hang black men from bridges.

This is true. Lots of things were more acceptable in the past and lots of people have a hard time coming to grips that the climate has changed. Bill Cosby for example; slipping a Mickey in a woman's drink was probably frowned upon, but no one really policed it, especially for someone in his status. And the host of family feud that kisses women on the lips on the show. Or just the idea of a school boy grabbing a girls butt, back then she'd hit him on the arm or at worst slap him, not he'd be doing 5 years in juvie.

DIsagree on the Juicy J stuff.

It's the same today. It happened to Asians so no one really gives a ****.

got someone here calling "ching chong ching chong" as nothing more than an "onomatopoeia".

Cam’ron is probably happy that “make China stretch like Yao Ming, Ching Chong maka haya” line has successfully flown under the radar lol.

Purple Haze the album is still a classic though.

The average person won't even get that.
What about Jay-Z's This Can't Be Life?

See I was, born in sewage, born to make bomb music
Flow tight like I was born Jewish
Used the streets as a conduit, I kept arms
38 longs inside my mom's buick

There's plenty of ignorant lines throughout hip hop, but for the most part the people saying those lines are not intelligent in general, so we (speaking for myself and my friends) just end up laughing at how ignorant and idiotic those bars are. I don't expect any better from bizarre characters like 21 Savage or artists whose discographies include brilliant songs like "Slob on My Knob"

Anyone remember that few year stretch where all these artists kept making Akon references? "Chain black like Akon" "I'm in the club wearing all black, Akon" I was like , damn this is racist. Give Akon a break :lol:

At any given point, Shawn could lose it....

..”see as I walk into the studio to do this wit jig
I got a phone call from one of my nigs
Say my homeboy keef, he just lost one of his kids
And when I heard that I just broke into tears”

:smh: :sick: :sick: face floated on this!!!

This only makes me wonder why people are mad at Lebron and not whoever said the line? Looks like fake outrage.....or the powers at be are punish Lebron for going against them. Word to freakydestroyer freakydestroyer :nerd:

This only makes me wonder why people are mad at Lebron and not whoever said the line? Looks like fake outrage.....or the powers at be are punish Lebron for going against them. Word to freakydestroyer freakydestroyer :nerd:
Well this Jay-Z song was from 15 years ago... But if Bron did not recite 21's lyrics, I wouldn't even know about it and I guess most of the public wouldn't either.

21 savage is a c-list celebrity
thats why no one cares that he said it

21 savage is a c-list celebrity
thats why no one cares that he said it

People "care" what regular mf on the internet say and do once it's exposed though. And every time this stuff happens nobody ever comes at the label heads :nerd:

I hate that son apologized though. Don't let them folks step on your art bruh :smh:

got someone here calling "ching chong ching chong" as nothing more than an "onomatopoeia".

it literally doesn't mean anything.

https://www.quora.com/Does-ching-chang-or-chong-actually-mean-anything-in-Mandarin-or-Korean

Good read from 2011
Hip-hip - the music where it's OK to be anti-Jewish

https://www.thejc.com/culture/music/hip-hip-the-music-where-it-s-ok-to-be-anti-jewish-1.23134

meh..this article is more of a example of "antisemitism" being stretched beyond its original purpose.

I remember this pac song with the outlawz where he said “my crew could be mistaken for Jews” referring to how they are with money and all I could think was.....this guy is a god damned racist. I turned the tape off immediately and prayed.

They say it because it’s an insult and mocks Asian people. Bunch of white dudes yelled it at me in a parking lot and it wasn’t because they were being nice.

A slur doesn't need to have an alternate language dictionary definition for it to be ****ing racist

da point still remains, da ish means absolutely nothing. its phonetic gibberish.. any sound thats scribed into a phrase to imitate da vocalizing of asian spoken word would plug in or out..

i mean, if ya wanna play that game...how bout all those random "gualla gualla" "oyes" and "migos" "papis" yo casual describe anyone that's latino? >D :lol:

Back
Top Bottom