Lebron James Is Ruining The Game For The Average Fan

Why don't you post how many shots they each took.. if someone shot 60/100 vs someone that made 7/10.. who has a better %?

Last edited:
Alpha you forgot about Serge Ibaka shooting 44 pct on 275 shots that were 16ft to the 3 point line vs Lebron's 43 pct on 289 shots that the same distance.

Well it looks like Ibaka is an elite jump shooter too :lol:

View media item 418966

Last edited:
Bass and Ibaka ARE elite shooters from 16-23 feet, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Why don't you post how many shots they each took.. if someone shot 60/100 vs someone that made 7/10.. who has a better %?

It shouldn't matter if they have less shots it means they are smart because they aren't forcing shots and getting their teammates involved.

Last edited:
Did I quick scan and here are some more mid range elite jump shooters

Carl Landry 43%
Hickson 49%
Blatche 45%
Vucevic 42%
Millsap 42%
Boozer 45%

Not to mention the guys who you know are elite jump shooters. Durant, Curry, Dirk,Bosh Garnett, Kobe, Klay,Parker,Melo, CP3, Duncan, Calderon, Johnson

Damn thats a pretty big elite jump shooting club :lol:

Bass and Ibaka ARE elite shooters from 16-23 feet, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Yeah I was confused as to what point they were trying to make, those are elite jump shooting bogs.

@Antidope

:lol:

Dude he can shoot those jumpers without real defensive pressure and double teams because he's on a superstar Miami Heat and they play a system that tailored to his strengths.

Go look at his last year with the Cavaliers stats when he was in a similar offensive situation like Melo

(I dont know how to make it into a chart)

Lebron 2010

Shot Att . eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts
Jump
64% .436 24% 1% 11.3
Close
27% .679 39% 7% 7.5
Dunk
8% .959 69% 0% 3.1
Tips
0% .500 0% 50% 0.1
Inside
36% .740 48% 6% 10.6

Anthony 2013

Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts
Jump
74% .487 46% 2% 16.1
Close
22% .514 24% 18% 5.0
Dunk
2% .917 59% 4% .7
Tips
2% .576 0% 0% .6
Inside
26% .544 25% 16% 6.2

As you can see Melo jump shooting stats are better.

So Lebron after playing in the NBA for 9 years just became an elite shooter?

No

This is just a case when stats are misleading
This isn't a fair comparison, that's Cleveland Bron compared to Prime Melo. A better comparison would be last year bron to now so you can see the drastic improvement in his jump shot as a result of him putting the time in or this year's bron vs Melo.

Carl Landry 43%
Hickson 49%
Blatche 45%
Vucevic 42%
Millsap 42%
Boozer 45%

Not to mention the guys who you know are elite jump shooters. Durant, Curry, Dirk,Bosh Garnett, Kobe, Klay,Parker,Melo, CP3, Duncan, Calderon, Johnson

A lot of the names you posted are great jump shooting Bigs, and why are comparing jump shooting bigs to guards, we know the looks they're getting are totally different. This is a situation where watching the games should be used in tandem with the facts, and I know you know that.

Yeah I was confused as to what point they were trying to make, those are elite jump shooting bogs.

@Antidope

:lol:

Dude he can shoot those jumpers without real defensive pressure and double teams because he's on a superstar Miami Heat and they play a system that tailored to his strengths.

Go look at his last year with the Cavaliers stats when he was in a similar offensive situation like Melo

(I dont know how to make it into a chart)

Lebron 2010

Shot Att . eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts
Jump
64% .436 24% 1% 11.3
Close
27% .679 39% 7% 7.5
Dunk
8% .959 69% 0% 3.1
Tips
0% .500 0% 50% 0.1
Inside
36% .740 48% 6% 10.6

Anthony 2013

Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts
Jump
74% .487 46% 2% 16.1
Close
22% .514 24% 18% 5.0
Dunk
2% .917 59% 4% .7
Tips
2% .576 0% 0% .6
Inside
26% .544 25% 16% 6.2

As you can see Melo jump shooting stats are better.

So Lebron after playing in the NBA for 9 years just became an elite shooter?

No

This is just a case when stats are misleading
This isn't a fair comparison, that's Cleveland Bron compared to Prime Melo. A better comparison would be last year bron to now so you can see the drastic improvement in his jump shot as a result of him putting the time in or this year's bron vs Melo.

Carl Landry 43%
Hickson 49%
Blatche 45%
Vucevic 42%
Millsap 42%
Boozer 45%

A lot of the names you posted are great jump shooting Bigs, and why are comparing jump shooting bigs to guards, we know the looks they're getting are totally different. This is a situation where watching the games should be used in tandem with the facts, and I know you know that.

Why isn't a fair comparison? I'm not using his rookie season, I'm using a season when he won the NBA MVP. He didn't all of sudden become a better shooter in the course of like a 2 month Olympic offseason.

Lebron plays 3 and 4.You could basically say he plays like a stretch big with handles alot of the time now. So yes he's comparable to all those players I listed.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head

Pistons in playoffs
C's last year in playoyoffs
Game winner vs. Orlando in playoffs
Lebron w/ 52 points AND a triple double vs .the Knicks IN MSG
Dagger vs. the Thunder last year

it goes on and on.

That was one heck of a shot!!

You can't use a 'system' argument for improving his jumpshot and then turnaround and use Melo in NY this year as a comparison. The system in New York this year helped him tremendously from the outside. I guess you didn't watch the games.

Also, I watched 90% of LeBron's games this year and never did I see him take uncontested shots from the mid-range. IF he was left unguarded, he'd surely be at the rim, not taking a 15ft jumper. #WatchTheGame. It's not his fault if people have to play an extra 8-12 inches off of him and give him space. Do you get more credit for being decrepit or an out of shape sloth in need of making shots with a hand in your face every time?

Is he among the real elite? No. Is he very good now? yes. Does it matter? Not really, the Heat aren't suffering on offense.

Last edited:
Only a novice fan would argue that Bass and Ibaka weren't money from 16-23. I thought it was known that you can't leave them open because of their knack for hitting the outside jumper...

Carry on tho..

Antidope - SALUTE

Every game is a career game for him. Every player in the league would get interviewed after a 25/8/8 game but when Lebron does it every game he's just clocking in and clocking out. He has to get 40/15/10 for it to be 'memorable'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 its true... dude is just that damn good

Why is this 8 pages?

Why are you adding to the post count :rolleyes

This page alone his helping me. You have to run to stats to prove Brons greatness. Peole don't understand how badly stats can be manipulated to swing in any direction. Bron just doesn't pass the eye test. You have to read the box score to realize what he's done. Average fan don't care bout that and honestly all this just started happening when lebron got here. Save the sabermetrics for baseball.

Bron is greatness and has had the Crown for a few years now.

The guy is damn near unstoppable. He's not and elite shooter but he has gotten a lot better. Which basically shows work ethic. And shows he respects his craft.

But The man has to stop flopping. Period.

"Superteams" have been constructed before. Just by old men in suits in the back office.

I dont know why a people act like its a problem when players do it....I mean I think I do but I dont want to derail the thread.

Choosing to dislike him is your right but people acting like he wasnt a free agent and had the right to make a decision kills me

Yes he chose to play with 2 hall of famers in their "prime" and he just so happens to keep winning Most Valuable Player awards while being

If anything that elevates his legacy that not only was he the MVP on a team where he was clearly the best player but he still is on a team that has multiple all stars and HOFs

"Superteams" have been constructed before. Just by old men in suits in the back office.

I dont know why a people act like its a problem when players do it....I mean I think I do but I dont want to derail the thread.

Choosing to dislike him is your right but people acting like he wasnt a free agent and had the right to make a decision kills me

Yes he chose to play with 2 hall of famers in their "prime" and he just so happens to keep winning Most Valuable Player awards while being

If anything that elevates his legacy that not only was he the MVP on a team where he was clearly the best player but he still is on a team that has multiple all stars and HOFs

Not too derail the thread much more than it already is but do you think bosh will still be a HOFer? I think his numbers now are pretty average since he took the lesser role to play with the heat. Do you think that will hurt his HOF chances? Say they only win one more title together. Cause lets face it if they win 6 like bron bron said Chalmers will be a HOFer

In regards to the discussion from the last page, I've always considered Ibaka & Bass elite shooters... They've been able to knock down those mid range jumpers consistently & its been a huge strength in their offensive games.

Last edited:
Antidote running away from the conversation when his facts are addressed lol.

Nobody watch the games and then agree that lebron is an elite shooter. His jumpers have improved over the last couple years but he's not a knock down nor elite jump shooter. Period.

Defense can afford to leave James open but they will not ignore the scouting report and leave guys like Melo, Durant, curry etc open.

Hmm no. MVP award is given to the team with the best record. The MVP should be renamed because it doesn't live up to its name.

Take away bosh or wade and lebron will not win the MVP regardless of his season stat. Simply because the heat won't have the best record without those guys.

They have the best record simply because they're a stacked team and they also play on an easier division and conference.

Most valuable to me is cp3 or kobe.

Back
Top Bottom