Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I remember watching his 72-10 season when he had dennis rodman, scottie and steve kerr, toni kuko, luc longley.. that team was amazing.. you almost wanted to wish they would lose because they were so guud.. (kind of why people hate on Lebron so much)  They lost 3 total games their entire playoff run.. 

would be interesting in this day of free agency  and superstars teaming up, if we will see another team as dominant as that one..

Don't forget about Ron Harper...

man im pulling the trigger soon on denim X!.....to add to the jordan bron debate.....i love bron but jordan was and is basketball....he's the reason we are on a sneakerforum right this minute...his shoes are what started this sneaker culture we are in right now.....im pretty sure no one was collecting converses back in the day..not saying that other nba players shoes werent popular back in the but that was just back in the day.....j's are still popular to this day....i know my sneaker collecting started with jordans and it took years for it to evolve into collecting other non jordan shoes!
I don't know about everyone else but I copped js when he played and I was a kid that liked playing ball...I be damned if I buy them same shoes today because he/they was cool back then..nope ima show love to the new generation and cop some new stuff...I respect that Jordan was first to have a line and at the time every pair was special but that was then....I've moved on like a lot of folks...we respect the kicks for that era but left it at that...how long cats gonna live in the past

maybe@nikerevenge is  Iceysoles and sneakerTMZ love child...

The only picture we will see is one that nike sends out.. by know if Nike wanted these shoes leaked they would have, obviously  they are keeping this project hush hush for a reason.

a part of me feels like they didn't even make them yet...

Right now @Nikerevenge  is claiming to have won 6500 dollars on the OKC game last night and is now giving away a 1000$ NDC gift card if you retweet him and give him a shoutout. It's so obvious he's a nobody who's just trying to get followers. Guess I'll have to wait some more to see the 2K's 
mean.gif

I'm 31 and was lucky enough to experience the entire run.. And MJ has many primes lol, that's debatable.. Some can say 80s Mike for pure athleticism some can say early 90s Jordan for athletics and fundamentals meshed to the highest degree and some can say late 90s MJ with the best smarts and the best shooting Jordan.. None are wrong lol, it's all the best we've ever seen

so...you were 8 years old in 1990-91 but you witnessed the whole run?

even if you watched bball like that at 8 years old instead of cartoons, i highly doubt that you really understood the significance of what you were seeing past the fact that he wore really cool shoes. but thats just my opinion

jordan was a great player who between 1988 and 1998 could only be measured against himself. IMO he was at his best between 1989-1992. the other versions of MJ, while close, added different phases of his game to sustain him during the aging process werent quite on that level. think of it like 1992 jordan being a 99 and 1998 jordan being a 97 or 98 rating while having higher ratings for his mid range and post up game. (if you are a 2k player)

Ikr don't get me wrong MJ's the greatest but he still talks mad trash like he still can go out there with them young boys and do it, knowing damn well things ain't the same anymore :lol:
Come on what? You saying Mike didn't look like he had high sodium levels after Bron stared him down while elevating on that tomahawk? :nerd: :lol:

He looked like it my man...

But Lebron denied it categorically after the game.

So why make a thing out of it.

:wink:

Yea they be in some sneak diss type ish :lol:

:rofl:

so...you were 8 years old in 1990-91 but you witnessed the whole run?

even if you watched bball like that at 8 years old instead of cartoons, i highly doubt that you really understood the significance of what you were seeing past the fact that he wore really cool shoes. but thats just my opinion

jordan was a great player who between 1988 and 1998 could only be measured against himself. IMO he was at his best between 1989-1992. the other versions of MJ, while close, added different phases of his game to sustain him during the aging process werent quite on that level. think of it like 1992 jordan being a 99 and 1998 jordan being a 97 or 98 rating while having higher ratings for his mid range and post up game. (if you are a 2k player)
Oh no I watched cartoons too lol..
Have an older brother and a dad who were both very much into sports and was exposed to the NBA through them and let's be honest if you were alive during that time it didn't matter what age you were (above infant) you were at least aware who Michael Jordan was..
First pair my parents got me were the fire red 5 (in youth size) in 1990, I had the starting lineup Jordan toys, posters, clothes etc and it went from there.. I played basketball from very early on and was always in awe of Jordan.. Yeah when I got older I could appreciate it more though for dure

@rawdawg34 dude i vividly remember those games from when he won his first ring...to the 3 pointer game (the shrug) he had on his way to his second and jumping up on the scorers table after they won....to the battle he had with barkley and the suns for his third and i wasn't even into kix then!

Oh no I watched cartoons too lol..
Have an older brother and a dad who were both very much into sports and was exposed to the NBA through them and let's be honest if you were alive during that time it didn't matter what age you were (above infant) you were at least aware who Michael Jordan was..
First pair my parents got me were the fire red 5 (in youth size) in 1990, I had the starting lineup Jordan toys, posters, clothes etc and it went from there.. I played basketball from very early on and was always in awe of Jordan.. Yeah when I got older I could appreciate it more though for dure

So pretty much your gonna ride for Jordan for as long as you can. And Jordan never left for a super team because his superteam was brought to him. You can't punish a guys legacy because his owner wasn't bringing in help To win a title. His coach was mike brown Jordan's was PHIL JACKSON. Lebrons help was illgaskus who was the second most effective player on that finals run they had Daniel Gibson mo Williams. While Jordan had guys like scottie , Kerr, rodman and the list goes on.

I've seen resalers trying to get 300+ for denims. There crazy lmao

I turn 34 in October and have a hard time rememberig anything before 1990 when it comes to the NBA, Anything after that I can remember like the back of my hand. I was collecting basketball cards (fleer, upper deck, nba hoops). Barkley was my favorite player but I knew he wasn't better than Jordan.  Inside stuff era, we wasn't playing 2k we was playing bulls vs lakers, jordan vs bird, and double dribble.  I remember since Jordan had his own video games he wasn't on any of the video games like NBA Jam of NBA Live. Bulls had a dudde name Player but he sucked lol

So pretty much your gonna ride for Jordan for as long as you can. And Jordan never left for a super team because his superteam was brought to him. You can't punish a guys legacy because his owner wasn't bringing in help To win a title. His coach was mike brown Jordan's was PHIL JACKSON. Lebrons help was illgaskus who was the second most effective player on that finals run they had Daniel Gibson mo Williams. While Jordan had guys like scottie , Kerr, rodman and the list goes on.

I've seen resalers trying to get 300+ for denims. There crazy lmao
I'm not "punishing" Lebron at all, it's a fact that he left Cleveland that isn't me penalizing him, that happened.. Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players one of the best forwards to play the game and arguably the best perimeter defender of his time but Jordan is and was the Bulls of that time with 6 Finals MVP in 6 Finals appearance, Pipp did all he could in Mikes absence but neither he nor Phil Jackson could raise a banner without MJ.. Bron is leader of the Heat and was undoubtedly the leader of the Cavs but the circumstances remain the same no matter what anyone says.. Jordan never lost when it mattered most that can't be debated, it's not fair to Lebron to be up against that but then again it's not fair to anyone.. Why do you think he changed from 23 to 6? No one can carry that load and he shouldn't have to, he should be the first Lebron not the next Mike as he is doing

I'm not "punishing" Lebron at all, it's a fact that he left Cleveland that isn't me penalizing him, that happened.. Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players one of the best forwards to play the game and arguably the best perimeter defender of his time but Jordan is and was the Bulls of that time with 6 Finals MVP in 6 Finals appearance, Pipp did all he could in Mikes absence but neither he nor Phil Jackson could raise a banner without MJ.. Bron is leader of the Heat and was undoubtedly the leader of the Cavs but the circumstances remain the same no matter what anyone says.. Jordan never lost when it mattered most that can't be debated, it's not fair to Lebron to be up against that but then again it's not fair to anyone.. Why do you think he changed from 23 to 6? No one can carry that load and he shouldn't have to, he should be the first Lebron not the next Mike as he is doing

He switched because 23 is retired in Miami....

no he didn't. he put in to switch his number before he left cleveland. he switched it because he wants the number 23 retired jackie robinson style for MJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4958324

Last edited:
Yes it is, from Michael Jordan, who never played for Miami lol.. Pat Riley did that out of respect for Mike but I have a feeling (seeing those circumstances) that if James had wanted to keep 23 or else they would have made an exception to the "face of the NBA today" that's not Ray Allen coming there asking for 23 that's Lebron James.. Since Jordan never played for that team it could've happened IMO

Yes it is, from Michael Jordan, who never played for Miami lol.. Pat Riley did that out of respect for Mike but I have a feeling (seeing those circumstances) that if James had wanted to keep 23 or else they would have made an exception to the "face of the NBA today" that's not Ray Allen coming there asking for 23 that's Lebron James.. Since Jordan never played for that team it could've happened IMO

look at the article i just posted... he put in for 6 when he still played for the cave.

@rawdawg34
dude i vividly remember those games from when he won his first ring...to the 3 pointer game (the shrug) he had on his way to his second and jumping up on the scorers table after they won....to the battle he had with barkley and the suns for his third and i wasn't even into kix then!

so all you remember are the best finals moments during what could have been the most popular sport at that time?

not gonna even touch the MJ/LBJ argument as i am sold on them being 1a and 1b and everyone else below them after that.

but IMO before a certain age it was just impossible for some people to really grasp how good jordan was due to the fact that they were just too young.

just like an 8 year old now that casually watches a quarter or 2 of basketball and the recalls the greatest finals moments of LBJ cant begin to fathom how good of a player he is right now.

no he didn't. he put in to switch his number before he left cleveland. he switched it because he wants the number 23 retired jackie robinson style for MJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4958324
Well there ya go, even so how does that not equate to he didn't wanna carry 23 anymore? No matter the reason even "out of respect" the man is #6 now and really that's not that important forget I even said it lol.. A jersey number and NBA history aren't one in the same.. You guys can cling to the respect angle and that's fine I'll concede

Back
Top Bottom