Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Saw these and threw them on feet at the store. Contemplating on scooping them up since I have a FTL gift card.
grin.gif

INITIAL LEBRON XI REVIEW:

Ok so I spent about 1.5 hrs hooping in these and breaking them in, and here's my initial impression of the shoe:

Cushioning:
The Lunar-Zoom combo is a hit, in my book. You don't really feel the lunar as much in the beginning as say 30 minutes in to playing a game when it softens up and becomes plush. It's not like that Kobe 8 feel when you put the shoe on and it pretty much immediately feels like a tempur-pedic under your feet. You'll definitely have to "loosen them up", for a lack of better words. But once broken in, these feel awesome. To best describe it, you feel the lunar the most during light jogging and slow running, but that zoom kicks in during the hard landings, sprinting, sharp cutting, and especially when taking off. Many here own Kobe 8's and will probably agree with me the only problem with the lunar was the "bottoming out" of the insert, where knees, ankles and feet would hurt after playing in a well-worn one. The full-length zoom under the lunar in the 11's will help ensure that doesn't happen. It really is a great set-up, but don't be surprised if you don't feel it fully kick in with the springy/plush feeling at the same time (I realize that seems like an oxymoron but you gotta hoop in them to understand what I mean haha).

Fit:
The first thing you will notice when putting these on is that these run super narrow. I have really narrow feet and they were still snug for me, so I can't imagine how some of y'all with wide feet feel in these. I went TTS but as stated before, I have narrow feet so didn't feel the need, when trying them on, to size up. After playing, the one problem with the fit, and actually my biggest gripe with the shoe, is the pinching of the pinky toe/pinky-joint area in the forefoot. Now, this is an assumption on my part, but I am assuming that the armorposite will eventually break in even more over time and the pinching described above will not be an issue. This is assuming that armor posite will "give" over time, but I really have no idea what to expect out of it. I do know that the one problem I had with the Xs, which was the lack of forefoot flexability, is not a problem in the XI. The grooves on the insert, as well as the shoe's placement of armorposite on the upper, allow the fore foot to be able to flex so people who play on the "balls" of your feet will enjoy this change. The dynamic flywire does a great job of securing the midfoot and keeping it completely stable within the shoe during all jumping, running, and cutting. The ankle area is not constricted at all like some may have felt with the X's (at least those that laced them all the way up). Overall the fit was great minus that one annoyance with the width in the toebox.

Traction:
The traction is amazing on these, although my one concern is for those who would use these for outdoors play. That middle, plastic looking plate/shank thing separating the forefoot from the heel in the outsole may be a problem once the outsole itself gets worn down. On semi-dusty courts these held up great, with the occasional hand wipe-down during deadballs and in between games. This probably could have gone in the "Fit" part but the foot seems to sit low to the ground in these shoes, and with being how light they are, it feels like your feet are so close to the ground and cutting and moving is really not a problem. Sometimes with certain shoes you feel them when trying to cut hard or stop on a dime, and by feel I mean the shoe itself causes you to alter what would seem natural, but when it's so close to the ground the low center of gravity gives you great stability when moving. I hope that explains it well, because I feel like people will read that and be like "say what?!" but you will know once you play in them.

Overall this is a great shoe. Is it worth the $200? Probably not. But the cushioning set-up and all new "tech", as far as armorposite goes, makes me feel like those who do cop these will not regret their decision. Remember, this is extremely short in terms of the life cycle of the shoe, having logged only 1.5 hours I'm sure the shoe will continue to break in and feel will change (hopefully for the better). In a week I'll post a review after I get a good amount of hours having played in these, so everyone can get an idea of what to expect! Hope this helps someone haha, it's kinda long but worth reading if you're on the fence or just want to know what they're like.

Congrats to all those who wanted a pair and got one easily!

Last edited:
Already got shipping confirmation from DSG for my two pairs. Can't beat free 2-day shipping with PayPal checkout either.

Tbh, after I bought them, I kind of second guessed myself as well. "Are you really going to pay 2+ for some tennis shoes?" Then got a coupon and now it's a moot point, but i kind of had a mini reality check on the car ride home.

Well I ordered a 12.5 from NDC because that is my ideal size but I tried on a 13 at champs and it seemed like it fit perfect :\ I hope the 12.5 aren't tight when I get them this week, I really don't feel like doing the whole online return thing.

You could return them to an outlet or Factory Store

Not only that...but online returns are easy. If you have a NIke account, they pay for the return shipping. Just give it to your mailman or drop it off at a UPS store. You get a refund in a week.

I bought two pairs this morning, 14 and 15, and I'll send back the one that doesn't fit.

The kotj is really nice in person.  At some angles the hyperposite looks green which is pretty sick.  I was tempted to get them, but I didn't want to pay $200 for a shoe I know I'm gonna see on a lot of other people's feet.  But if I really loved this shoe I woulda bought regardless.

I know this is the LeBron thread, but the black/white bel air CP3s are actually really nice in person

Just got back from picking these up from FtL. I got to try them on and I'm glad I did. That .5 was way to long. Luckily there was an 11 that wasn't reserved. Tried it on and went tts. Actually have a little bit of room in the toe area. The width is snug but feels like it'll widen after wears. I'd definitely re-lace them while wearing em to get a good fit. I wear 11 in everything but for the 9s I did go up .5. These I say tts. And yeah pics don't do these justice so much nicer in person. Some pics:

View media item 613361
View media item 613362
View media item 613363
Oh and I got to use bday coupon. New manager said no at first so I tried using my VIP rewards. He called Topanga HOH to verify if i could use any discounts. They told him these not excluded from discounts so he let me use bday coupon. $190 out the door :smokin Under retail? Yes please.

Last edited:
I don't even like shoes that have a lot of black on them and this a great colorway. To the guy who said they aren't please give me whatever you are smoking :D

More comfy shoe these or the Kobe 8?

Man, if I was Stalley, I woulda made Nike pay me $200 for wearing this super GR release. Who do think they are making so many pairs of the shoe after only making only a few pairs of the Crown Jewels and Gold Medals last year. Hopefully, they do like the AJ 28 and keep it limited to HoH/select FTA and release barely any with the TW and later.

Had em in hand at store.. very light, can see why ppl like them but the overall shape of shoe is strange to me still. Cool colorway

I consider myself to be a narrow footed, true to size 11. Since 2012 I have went down half a size in Jordan retros and I had to go up half a size for the Lebron 9 which still felt snug on my pinky toe.

Footlocker by my house house an 11 and 11.5 in which I tried both pairs on. The 11 was tight, true to size but my pinky toe felt smashed. In the 11.5 there was more room in the toebox, pinky still felt slightly smashed, but there was some heel slippage when the laces were untied. But overall the 11.5 felt more comfortable and relax on my foot.

Im going to wait it out to see if I can use the VIP bfay coupon on these, and I probably will buy a sz 11.5 when the time comes to play it safe. Hopes this helps some people with sizing questions.

Back
Top Bottom