Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
100% incorrect? my entire post is false? :lol:  I said TOO BIG OF A CUT. Of course they're happy with how big JB is, it makes stupid amounts of money on 10 to almost 30 year old designs but If his shoes had swooshes all over em and came in nike boxes (not just the OG 1s) I'm sure Nike would be making more. They're not gonne give Lebron, Kobe, KD or anyone their own brand without NIKE all over it way they did Jordan.

Nike doesn't need more. Besides, Jordan made Nike Basketball. They weren't even #1 until Jordan took them there. So, Nike can shove it.

Yep. First time I've heard someone say that nike doesn't like jordan :lol:
Nike already has like 5 bron models at the same time. It's not out of the question that the swoosh could go away one day.

but early links are...
happy.gif

100% incorrect. Nike isn't gonna be upset that Jordan is too big. they make money off of each sale.

100% incorrect? my entire post is false? :lol:  I said TOO BIG OF A CUT. Of course they're happy with how big JB is, it makes stupid amounts of money on 10 to almost 30 year old designs but If his shoes had swooshes all over em and came in nike boxes (not just the OG 1s) I'm sure Nike would be making more. They're not gonne give Lebron, Kobe, KD or anyone their own brand without NIKE all over it way they did Jordan.

I'm with bigj505 bigj505 here... Jordan doesn't get the cut...Nike does. Jordan Brand is a subsidiary of Nike, they are the parent company/owner of JB. They could do whatever they want to do technically. Even though the outside Nike Air branding was gone by the VII, Nike Air still appears on the insole of the VII, and VIII OG releases (I had them in middle school). And JB didn't become it's own brand till later in the 90's...after all the retro classics that these knuckleheads clamor over week after week originally released. Nike owns those designs and "technology", not Jordan. Tinker works for Nike, not Jordan. Is it true that JB makes up over 50% in basketball shoe sales? Yup. Nike is about 34%, but at the end of the day, Nike is cashing in anyway you slice it.

The thing with the LeBron line is this, even though Bron won't be a marketing phenomenon like Jordan was, because it's already been done, the LJ line of his Sig, Soldier, NSW, and Ambassador lines probably have the clout to stand alone and one day they might. Nothing to do with Jordan's legacy...everything to do with Nike's bottom line.

I'm with @bigj505 here... Jordan doesn't get the cut...Nike does. Jordan Brand is a subsidiary of Nike, they are the parent company/owner of JB. They could do whatever they want to do technically. Even though the outside Nike Air branding was gone by the VII, Nike Air still appears on the insole of the VII, and VIII OG releases (I had them in middle school). And JB didn't become it's own brand till later in the 90's...after all the retro classics that these knuckleheads clamor over week after week originally released. Nike owns those designs and "technology", not Jordan. Tinker works for Nike, not Jordan. Is it true that JB makes up over 50% in basketball shoe sales? Yup. Nike is about 34%, but at the end of the day, Nike is cashing in anyway you slice it.

The thing with the LeBron line is this, even though Bron won't be a marketing phenomenon like Jordan was, because it's already been done, the LJ line of his Sig, Soldier, NSW, and Ambassador lines probably have the clout to stand alone and one day they might. Nothing to do with Jordan's legacy...everything to do with Nike's bottom line.
I said by the 12 the Nike box disappeared from Jordan and they were basically their own brand. All I'm saying is I doubt anyone will ever get a swooshless signature line again. They could have done it by now if they wanted to... especially with their golden child Lebron, I mean they gave the dude 90 mil before he stepped on the court, I'm sure they believe in him.

^^^ you can't see the similarities between the 2 tho? Bron has def been the golden child. Dude has like 5 shoes a year now. That's enough to have his own sector for sure. He only difference is the branding on the shoe still existing.

Jordan forced his brand tho, LB has had his lion trademark since day 1. That swoosh ain't going nowhere anymore. Golden child or not the lebron line isn't half of what JB was back then with only 4-5 pairs a season. Like who out here getting shot for GR lebrons?(joke/joke)

for LBJ to take more of a profit share of his owns shoes/brand, he doesnt have to necessarily take the swoosh off of the shoe.

he could start the lebron brand and easily keep the swoosh on the shoe, and just take a much larger cut of the pie.

i am not sure if the line has the clout that the jordan brand had when jordan made the move though...and when i say i am not sure...i really mean i'm not sure.

it was kinda easy for JB to get rid of the nike branding though being that all of his shoes minus the 1 were without the swoosh anyway. even most jordan 1s still release with the swoosh so no reason why lebrons from a "lebron brand" cant as well

Jordan forced his brand tho, LB has had his lion trademark since day 1. That swoosh ain't going nowhere anymore. Golden child or not the lebron line isn't half of what JB was back then with only 4-5 pairs a season. Like who out here getting shot for GR lebrons?(joke/joke)

Is today or is when the jordan 11 or 12 originally released?
It's not thinking about today. It's about thinking about tomorrow. Jordan was my generation. Lebron is the generation of these young teens and kids. When the time comes to retro the brons (and it will come), it may be a similar situation that what jordan had. His brand did not build over night.

And it's no reason to remove the logo??????? WHAT? Do you not see how the masses pay that $$$$$ to get the 88 cement 3s or the og 1s?

Does anyone know how long lebron's nike contract is? I could see him trying to branch off post contract to producing his own brand. Just don't see nike removing the swoosh, especially how it's so prevalent in all signature kicks now.
Sorry if I derailed this thread.

Does anyone know how long lebron's nike contract is? I could see him trying to branch off post contract to producing his own brand. Just don't see nike removing the swoosh, especially how it's so prevalent in all signature kicks now.
Sorry if I derailed this thread.

You can google it. I think it's another 5 or so years on it.

It's not thinking about today. It's about thinking about tomorrow. Jordan was my generation. Lebron is the generation of these young teens and kids. When the time comes to retro the brons (and it will come), it may be a similar situation that what jordan had. His brand did not build over night.

And it's no reason to remove the logo??????? WHAT? Do you not see how the masses pay that $$$$$ to get the 88 cement 3s or the og 1s?
the masses are paying to have shoe how it was in OG form tho. No one is asking for a post 6 jordan to have the swoosh or nike air on it.

Nike ain't removing their logo..... ever again. I don't know why y'all continue to wish for it to happen.

Matter fact..... When did the Nike Swoosh become so unbearable to you guys? Back in the days it was the reason I started buying Nike.

For that to happen LeBrons would have to start finding a way to substitute all the swooshes for something, well I think Nike was smart enough to build the shoe around swooshes and branding. Then you would have to retro them for years without using a swoosh to make people want it, then offer up those oh so special '05 Lebron 3s with the swoosh. The only shoes that kind of had that clean style that didn't need a swoosh to carry it was the AZG and maybe the 4.

But I see what you're saying. I came up with the Jordan shoe as well and it was a different animal.

Nike ain't removing their logo..... ever again. I don't know why y'all continue to wish for it to happen.

Matter fact..... When did the Nike Swoosh become so unbearable to you guys? Back in the days it was the reason I started buying Nike.

Nobody said it was unbearable. No need to take it to the extreme.
My statement was saying I wonder if nike would take the lebron line in a similar direction as the jordan brand line took.

Back
Top Bottom