Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
not today but I definitely see it happening before the next 5 years.

the Jordan retro era is at an all time high. the problem is, JB has retrod every OG color that matters and in some cases, already done it twice. how many times can they retro a color in a short time before those shoes start to sit?
I also am seeing a trend where shoes are starting to resell for closer to retail than they were this time last year or the year before. you just have to look at the trends.

economics teaches you that there will be a peak before the fall. it doesn't mean nike will be struggling or anything. they just wont be doing it up like they are right now. you are regular on here so you see a ton of users that have absolutely no clue to shoe history. they are just buying shoes just to buy shoes.

Yep, they're going to have to do the 16-23 which they seem reluctant to do.

or maybe they need to go back and also focus on the current model :\

:rofl: outlets sell out of bgrades for $10 below retail these days. Statement is out of date

Yep, and they post outlet releases like it's a normal release now. So now you have lines for outlets for general releases at $160 :smh:

Last edited:

Don't think you can have one without the other.
we'll just agree to disagree on this bubble topic.

Nike has been the top selling brand since, what?  the 80s (guessing)

they only hire brilliant people.  i think those brilliant ppl will find a way to keep the "trend" going

I look at it like electronics. The latest and greatest is always coming out, in this case every few weeks. Got keep up!

That's right! It's the mentalities of most newcomers but for OG like myself *yeah self proclaimed* I ask myself 2 questions. Can I live without it? Can I actually wear it?

Die hard sneakerheads will be around before and after the bursting of the bubble.

Social media hypebeasts who regularly post KOTD simply for "likes" and don't own a single shoe from the era of 2011 B.C. (Before Concord) will move onto the next trend.
LMAO @  Before Concords..

I use BGH and AGH for Foams

Before Galaxy Hype

After Galaxy Hype

When I was young, I remember buying comic books. In the early 90s, it became mainstream. Death of Superman, Batman's back breaking, Image Comics, gimmick covers. Comic start ups were coming out of the woodwork. Comics were selling millions of copies. Blah, blah, blah. Then it imploded. Now, it's propped up by licensing (movies, cartoons, toys, games, etc), graphic novels and enthusiasts.

And there's a reason why they haven't really pushed for retroing 15-present or the current signature. We might mock LeBron not wearing the XIs. But it has significance for retroing a shoe.

And Nike will always have an enthusiast market to cater to. Nike iD is doing fine.

Last edited:
J I owe a rep on that brothers gif [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Die hard sneakerheads will be around before and after the bursting of the bubble.

Social media hypebeasts who regularly post KOTD simply for "likes" and don't own a single shoe from the era of 2011 B.C. (Before Concord) will move onto the next trend.
LMAO @  Before Concords..
I use BGH and AGH for Foams
Before Galaxy Hype
After Galaxy Hype

Naw. Concords started it. Galaxies continued on the momentum the galaxies started.

When I was young, I remember buying comic books. In the early 90s, it became mainstream. Death of Superman, Batman's back breaking, Image Comics, gimmick covers. Comic start ups were coming out of the woodwork. Comics were selling millions of copies. Blah, blah, blah. Then it imploded. Now, it's propped up by licensing (movies, cartoons, toys, games, etc), graphic novels and enthusiasts.

And there's a reason why they haven't really pushed for retroing 15-present or the current signature. We might mock LeBron not wearing the XIs. But it has significance for retroing a shoe.

I was too had like 300 comics including the ones you named. Just couldn't sell them for what they were worth in the books. But they faced a slow death because paper novelties are obsolete. If you can't swipe or pinch to zoom then more than likely most consumers will frown upon anything even if it's a great read. Dope observation nonetheless

Naw. Concords started it. Galaxies continued on the momentum the galaxies started.

I say space jam 11s. I noticed an influx of retros coming out in a span never seen before. I would say the concord brought more of the none typical sneaker head into the fold and the space jams just kept old geezers like us in the hobby for a tad bit longer

dude pretty much summed up what I was gonna say

for every person who stops buying jordans 10 new people start

jordans won't go anywhere any time soon

retros been selling out since 99

I say space jam 11s. I noticed an influx of retros coming out in a span never seen before. I would say the concord brought more of the none typical sneaker head into the fold and the space jams just kept old geezers like us in the hobby for a tad bit longer

:lol: naw space jams def didn't start it. They were available for pretty much retail months after the release. Any retro pre-concords was purchasable for near retail or a marginal markup shortly after release. Concords are the first holiday xi that really had the public as a whole going nuts. Shoes were on the news and everything.

Thats all I want.. XVI jordans.. all OG colors.. Hell Retro the 28 Days Of Flight XVI's..
Yes I am patiently waiting for the XVI retro... need the bred's since i missed out when they first released and had to settle for the midnight navy blue... I wore them to the ground... good times

dude pretty much summed up what I was gonna say

for every person who stops buying jordans 10 new people start

jordans won't go anywhere any time soon

retros been selling out since 99

I could have sworn I used to be able to casually walk into the mall and get retros post 99. Must be tripping :smh:
Guess them 5/18 packs I got for $99 at FTL and the 3/20 packa for $150 at Dtlr never happened.

Speaking as a somewhat older guy with roughly 500 prs of shoes I have seen things change right around the SB8. I was able to go into stores the Sunday and Monday after the drop and get all I wanted of them. Ended up with 5 at retail (all sold except my one DS pr, can't wear a shoe with that color scheme) I was able to buy the IV & V for roughly $200-$250 in price. That was Fairfaxes, SVSM, CTK, OSU, Yankees. Hell I only paid $300 for superman 3. Now I can't get jack! At least not at the price I'm willing to pay. Things appear to be shifting back to low demand. I agree that everyone who are not a sneaker head jumped in to make a buck reselling, but it's harder now to make a good profit. Good for us though!

I could have sworn I used to be able to casually walk into the mall and get retros post 99. Must be tripping :smh:
Guess them 5/18 packs I got for $99 at FTL and the 3/20 packa for $150 at Dtlr never happened.

they were selling $300 packages during a recession with one good shoe

c'mon now

Back
Top Bottom