Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
And the bubble WILL burst. It's inevitable. Nike will be the architect of their own down fall.
yea, the bubble will burst, just like the world is coming to an end one day soon!

i just can't see it happening.  there are some genius marketing folks working at nike.  its all about supply/demand.  over the last several years, the demand for the swoosh has been out of control, so what do they do, they release a new colorway of the same shoe every 2 weeks.

they'll look at their numbers in a couple months and notice that some shoes didn't do as expected/projected (wolf 3s, 14s, etc) and will go back to producing less shoes.

so now consumers have less shoes to buy.  anticipation grows for that magical release date.  no more "i'll sit this one out cause i can cop the xxx next week".  nike will upcharge everything by $10.  and guess what....resell value go back up in a major way.

There is always an alpha and an omega. If a human life can end, so can the sun or Earth. Maybe not in the same span of time but eventually...

And I agree if they're predicative, they will slow down their releases, increase the price to build anticipation. But the current "shoe" craze is a fad. I'm not saying it's going to disappear, implode but the current growth and sales will not be able to sustain.

Last edited:
And the bubble WILL burst. It's inevitable. Nike will be the architect of their own down fall.

yea, the bubble will burst, just like the world is coming to an end one day soon!

i just can't see it happening.  there are some genius marketing folks working at nike.  its all about supply/demand.  over the last several years, the demand for the swoosh has been out of control, so what do they do, they release a new colorway of the same shoe every 2 weeks.

they'll look at their numbers in a couple months and notice that some shoes didn't do as expected/projected (wolf 3s, 14s, etc) and will go back to producing less shoes.

so now consumers have less shoes to buy.  anticipation grows for that magical release date.  no more "i'll sit this one out cause i can cop the xxx next week".  nike will upcharge everything by $10.  and guess what....resell value go back up in a major way.

:lol: if you really think this is sustainable.
People (including me) are crying broke by the constant releases and the constant price increases.
This shoe thing is a trend for a lot of people.

for anyone that bought gator kings from FTL, did the box have their own tag like they usually do?  i got a FTL receipt with mine, but noticed the box didn't have it

We know hip hop has embraced shoes/fashion since day 1...my Addidas, etc. What I'm saying is that Jordan retros were getting pushed hard by these artists in 2011. Yeah, Kanye, blah, blah, blah. The Jordan retro fad went hard in fall 2011. White Cements 2011 sold out immediately? True Blues? The BC was probably the one that did sit. Now a days, these artists are ambassadors.

And the bubble WILL burst. It's inevitable. Nike will be the architect of their own down fall. Limited/QS will continue to sell out. But Foams are sitting. We've seen the last three retros sit on shelves (Thunder 14, Sport Blue 14, Grey 3s). Twos are hit and miss.

Besides the QS/limited Lebrons, all of the other color ways went on discount (but that's pretty much every Lebron).
yep all we have to do is not buy the shoes on release date.. then we catch them on discount at the outlets.. that would stop the elites for going for damn near 300 dollars.

We know hip hop has embraced shoes/fashion since day 1...my Addidas, etc. What I'm saying is that Jordan retros were getting pushed hard by these artists in 2011. Yeah, Kanye, blah, blah, blah. The Jordan retro fad went hard in fall 2011. White Cements 2011 sold out immediately? True Blues? The BC was probably the one that did sit. Now a days, these artists are ambassadors.

And the bubble WILL burst. It's inevitable. Nike will be the architect of their own down fall. Limited/QS will continue to sell out. But Foams are sitting. We've seen the last three retros sit on shelves (Thunder 14, Sport Blue 14, Grey 3s). Twos are hit and miss.

Besides the QS/limited Lebrons, all of the other color ways went on discount (but that's pretty much every Lebron).
yep all we have to do is not buy the shoes on release date.. then we catch them on discount at the outlets.. that would stop the elites for going for damn near 300 dollars.

:rofl: outlets sell out of bgrades for $10 below retail these days. Statement is out of date

laugh.gif
if you really think this is sustainable.
People (including me) are crying broke by the constant releases and the constant price increases.
so exactly 'when' are you guys thinking this bubble is going to burst?

i'm saying, i can't see it happening no time soon, not in 5 years at least

Too early in the am MST for all this philosophical knowledge, dumb it dumb til 1200 PST thank you lol

for anyone that bought gator kings from FTL, did the box have their own tag like they usually do?  i got a FTL receipt with mine, but noticed the box didn't have it
Out of the last 5 pairs i bought online from FTL or EB, may be 1 had the sticker.

laugh.gif
if you really think this is sustainable.
Right you are sir. I admit that I fall out of the shoe game and back in. Part of that is because of the wife. Got to let her simmer down.

:lol: if you really think this is sustainable.

so exactly 'when' are you guys thinking this bubble is going to burst?
i'm saying, i can't see it happening no time soon, not in 5 years at least

not today but I definitely see it happening before the next 5 years.

the Jordan retro era is at an all time high. the problem is, JB has retrod every OG color that matters and in some cases, already done it twice. how many times can they retro a color in a short time before those shoes start to sit?
I also am seeing a trend where shoes are starting to resell for closer to retail than they were this time last year or the year before. you just have to look at the trends.

economics teaches you that there will be a peak before the fall. it doesn't mean nike will be struggling or anything. they just wont be doing it up like they are right now. you are regular on here so you see a ton of users that have absolutely no clue to shoe history. they are just buying shoes just to buy shoes.

Last edited:
not today but I definitely see it happening before the next 5 years.

the Jordan retro era is at an all time high. the problem is, JB has retrod every OG color that matters and in some cases, already done it twice. how many times can they retro a color in a short time before those shoes start to sit?
I also am seeing a trend where shoes are starting to resell for closer to retail than they were this time last year or the year before. you just have to look at the trends.

economic teaches you that there will be a peak before the fall. it doesn't mean nike will be struggling or anything. they just wont be doing it up like they are right now.
Yeah, at what point is buying a pair of shoes to make $20 bucks a hassle? I'm done with that. I'll buy what I want, use them for as long as I want and then sell them to someone for a good deal and move on to the next one.

exactly.  you could easily (or not) say NO....but you can't because its in your blood.

this is NOT a trend.  high top fades were a trend.  gold fronts were a trend.  hammer pants were a trend.  this shoe thing is a drug, its a culture....and its here to stay, forever.

roll.gif
outlets sell out of bgrades for $10 below retail these days. Statement is out of date
lol look at the concords.. they are dropping like flies.. we just have to let them sit and "collect dust" like the suedes will do..lol then 5 months later they are 150 bucks below retail.

exactly.  you could easily (or not) say NO....but you can't because its in your blood.

this is NOT a trend.  high top fades were a trend.  gold fronts were a trend.  hammer pants were a trend.  this shoe thing is a drug, its a culture....and its here to stay, forever.

Then you obviously don't understand the people that are in "our" culture.

After 100 pairs or 150 maybe 200...i think a few you have 300 (damn :lol:) what is the point? It becomes a chore to pick shoes, clean shoes and restack them. Every year a kid gets a job or that dude finally gets on and get what he wants meanwhile there are thousands of cases like this every week and nike does the most to bring in new customers and forgot about the brand loyalists because we ain't going anywhere. Sneaker world only dies within.

After 100 pairs or 150 maybe 200...i think a few you have 300 (damn
laugh.gif
) what is the point? It becomes a chore to pick shoes, clean shoes and restack them. Every year a kid gets a job or that dude finally gets on and get what he wants meanwhile there are thousands of cases like this every week and nike does the most to bring in new customers and forgot about the brand loyalists because we ain't going anywhere. Sneaker world only dies within.
I look at it like electronics. The latest and greatest is always coming out, in this case every few weeks. Got keep up!

Back
Top Bottom