Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I wanna know how they will feel on foot.  They seem like they blend aspects of the IV and the IX together.

I don't think LBJ gives a rip about how much they cost.

Do you actually think that evens crosses his radar screen? The shoes are selling out aren't they?

Bigger paycheck for him.

all them geometric shapes nike ******g with is throwing me off for this one, but with good color blocking, this might actually work. so far, looks a little too chunky and reminds me of a fisher price toy on the toe piece but like i said... if they block it right...

I don't think LBJ gives a rip about how much they cost.

Do you actually think that evens crosses his radar screen? The shoes are selling out aren't they?

Bigger paycheck for him.

Bigger for Nike. He got his pay with the 100mil+ contract

I don't think they get a cut of the shoe sales too...

Nike gets their money when the shoes get sold to the stores. Any money made after that belongs to the stores.

Last edited:
true... but the other shoes over 200, like foams and barkley posites, people wear casually more than to ball in. 200 seems like a lot to ball in and destroy
So you'd rather pay more for a shoe to wear casually versus a performance shoe designed to perform well on the court? Lebrons have more tech in them than any of the shoes you mentioned and as such SHOULD cost nearly as much, especially since they were designed with performance in mind. I don't wanna seem like I'm justifying the price hikes (even though they've done it yearly) but to me your justification is baseless and ignorant.

Last edited:
To me they seem to give more of a performance look than a casual wear look. I think they would look a little strange with a pair of jeans on. Maybe different pics will do them justice. 

The whole casual vs performance thing is just ridiculous to me. Nowadays, with all the crazy patterns/colors/designs that people are wearing, you can wear whatever the hell you want casually. People used to say foams couldn't be worn off the court or bright/flashy colorways only look good on court...it's all out the window now. You got some people beasting for literally every single possible neon/mismatched color combination in the Crayola box, and some dudes are going crazy for clown *** shoes like the What The ____ colorways or even those hideous Jeremy Scott designed sneakers. If you got dudes wearing those type of sneakers/colorways casually, you can't tell me with a straight face that you can't wear the XIs casually.

The whole casual vs performance thing is just ridiculous to me. Nowadays, with all the crazy patterns/colors/designs that people are wearing, you can wear whatever the hell you want casually. People used to say foams couldn't be worn off the court or bright/flashy colorways only look good on court...it's all out the window now. You got some people beasting for literally every single possible neon/mismatched color combination in the Crayola box, and some dudes are going crazy for clown *** shoes like the What The ____ colorways or even those hideous Jeremy Scott designed sneakers. If you got dudes wearing those type of sneakers/colorways casually, you can't tell me with a straight face that you can't wear the XIs casually.

You just have to keep in mind that there's a lot of people up here that are fashionably challenged & lack style (I know you've seen the what should I wear with these shoes post for ex) I feel like the majority of Nike's now are made more to be worn casually than on the court etc IMO like you said about the variety of colors & themes. All I know is I plan on picking up many pairs of XI's & like all of my previous Lebron's I'll probably never set foot on a court to play ball in.

Way overly simplistic view of capitalism. Yes it's been the engine of untold prosperity, but there is an inherent evil to it, too, because of its tendency to run out of control and run roughshod over many, many people as it does. I believe in it, but there's too much philistinism in most people's defense of it, that's all.

..and I'll STILL grab some XI's, because the "just don't buy it" thing doesn't work to change a whole industry, only a mass boycott could do that. I want the shoes, and I want to pay a more fair price. Nothing wrong with that. Shoes are a passion, so I'm gonna keep buying and complaining at the same time. As for defending high prices as an incentive to poorer kids to work harder in school, etc...lol

This.

And furthermore, the problem at the core of capitialism as a shield for unfair practice is the absence of morality. Ethically, there is nothing wrong with Weber's stance, especially if he feels that anything his name is attached to represents his core values. If that is correct, then it is obvious that he would feel as though this duplicitous double standard would reflect poorly on those who he was most interested in reaching out to. And although this thread is not political per se, this is the epicenter of the problem that the GOP has had nationally for the last 8 years. Simply put, money is not everything, and in every recent example, when doing no harm is comletely ignored for straight up profit (housing market crash that led to the great recession, netflix's bright idea to double their monthly dues which nearly led to their company's collapse, and the onslaught of reputations in the public of these CEOs who continue to grasp enormous bonuses for companies that the public tax money had to be used to save to state a few) eventually leads to some form of irreparable damage. I also want to note though, that in fairness, no one should be punished for being successful... people will hate and unfortunately will be jealous of other's successes. It only becomes a real problem, personally or for a company like nike, when the evidence is overwhelming to the majority of its target population that their best interest is about 0.001% of that company or person's decision. We all complain about the rising costs of doing business with nike, but so far, it hasn't reached the proverbial tipping point. I think we will know when that happens, because the mass boycott will only be the beginning of their problems. Just my thoughts...

*Steps off the soapbox, drops the mic, and screams "sexual chocolate" before exitiing stage right*

Tate

At first I was going to sketch up a dissection of the geometry used in the model, but as I started drawing, I realized how ******g cool this silhouette actually is...

haha. can't wear casually? LOL
I remember when Kobes sucked casually. 4 wasn't ok casually. then the 5, the 6, the 7 and the 8. But as it turns out, a truck load of people liked them casually and now they're considered good casually.

People just like to be conservative when it comes to sneaker but will regret not getting this or that when things blow over. Just keep an open mind people. If people can wear ugly custom elite socks outside their house, then we can wear anything we want. LOL

I remember my friend that mocked me for wearing Kobes and other bball shoes casually, now he's wearing his Kobe 6 Dark Knight as his beaters. What a hypocrite right? :tongue:
Stop putting labels and silly rules, period.

Definitely on the train after that pic!  So it appears that you'll see the air unit from the sole? Either way, I'm just happy to see another angle.  The black 'tumbler' pic made them look like Frankenstein boots on his feet with absolutely no curves IMO

Finally looking forward to the XI  
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom