Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Yea the 6's are definitely the most overlooked Lebron, mainly because of the stigma they have attached to them as being the Zoom Power replacement

And I certainly wouldn't say JP "saved" the Lebron line. The popularity of his sneakers have improved over the years, but a lot of that has to do with the nature of the sneaker market, and Lebron's popularity in general

Ken Link deserves credit where credit is due

Lol at JP saved the LeBron series, 1 - 6 are some of the best designed shoes, each one looked nothing like the last and each have they're own new tech

Amen my dude, I'm a fan of the LBJ series. But if you look at the profile pics of the VII-XI they are quite derivative of each other. I-VI as you stated were all unique.

Am I the only one here who felt that the VII and the Hypermax were too similar?

Lol at JP saved the LeBron series, 1 - 6 are some of the best designed shoes, each one looked nothing like the last and each have they're own new tech

Thats not neccessarily a good, the line had to be saved but they were some gems in there

always been a fan of the line. however the 8 is what made me a fan in terms of cleanest aesthetic.

its been love since then.

i loved the ugliness of the 9 but then the 9 elite was near perfect.

x i must say was oversaturated and the whole ext crap pissed me off.

i would actually like to cop alot of xi but who knows how hype will direct

I do agree with some of you about the 6, the best model IMO of 1-6. Thought the Chalks were really clean. I was really sold on the concept. And while I do respect all of your opinions regarding 1-6, you have to admit the line didn't take off until the 7. Yes, Lebrons play and popularity are both factors. But Lebrons sneakers becoming popular is a big part of the reason the sneaker market has changed. IMO the 7 was the first Lebron model that had major casual appeal. And of course the patent leather which gave the 7 a somewhat resemblance to AJ 11 didn't hurt either. Point is, the consensus amongst sneaker enthusiasts prior to the 7 is that line wasn't very impressive.

happy.gif

You guys didn't mention his team change factoring the spike in demand for his kicks. if you think him moving to Miami had nothing to do with the demand for his shoes you're insane

the best LeBron and my personal favorite is the 3...follow by the 2...I need those KOTG joints now though...

Last edited:
You wouldn't catch me wearing the LeBron 5, every other shoe in the sigline is nice.  JP did a great job from 7 til this current 11 in evolving the shoe from the next I believe. 7 was really the time LeBron's got popular, I remember purchasing 2 pairs of LeBron II's for 39.99 a piece at Hibbett's back in '05.  His sig line used to hit sale racks for most GR's 1-6.

But this XI tho got everybody talking and hyped, ready for some more colorways to pop up...

Last edited:
Yeah the lebron 6 needs more respect

Yeah the 6s are what made me first notice lebron sneakers. Definitely wish I had paid attention to the whole line before though. 1-6 had some real heat for relatively cheap back then. Now we're looking at 200+ for brons shoes smh

at $140 retail for US peeps, the designs, the comfort. Lebron sig definitely don't start at the 7 whatsoever.

View media item 484817
I couldn't even make the Chalks look as good on the 10 :lol:
View media item 485198

You wouldn't catch me wearing the LeBron 5

the 5's would still get a pass from me, IMO the most wearable of the 5's, like, seriously? If this isn't flames, man.

With all that said, I hold the 8 as my favorite lebron, but by no means did that save the line is all i'm saying.

Last edited:
I do agree with some of you about the 6, the best model IMO of 1-6. Thought the Chalks were really clean. I was really sold on the concept. And while I do respect all of your opinions regarding 1-6, you have to admit the line didn't take off until the 7. Yes, Lebrons play and popularity are both factors. But Lebrons sneakers becoming popular is a big part of the reason the sneaker market has changed. IMO the 7 was the first Lebron model that had major casual appeal. And of course the patent leather which gave the 7 a somewhat resemblance to AJ 11 didn't hurt either. Point is, the consensus amongst sneaker enthusiasts prior to the 7 is that line wasn't very impressive.

This man knows, the lebron line had to be "saved" besides sneaker enthusiast no one was buying 1-6, after petrie took over they got way more widespread casual appeal

Most lebrons that were 1-6 hit outlets and clearance stores like crazy, the 8s really set it off

^^^ Those 6s posted up there are horrendous. To each his own, thou. Back in the days I actually thought Nike was trying to kill off the Lebron line when they released the 6. Real talk.....Joints are on par with CP3s for overall nastiness. :x

JP definitely saved the line. All those that don't agree aren't old enough to remember the massive sale tags & the buy one get one free.

nice pics of all the brons too date.

i know i might sound like a hypebeast but 7- 11 > 1-6

8's 7's are just too damn dope.

all though i love the 4's, 8's and 7's are just brons best shoe IMO

Back
Top Bottom