Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Lebron is wearing the X's because of the extra cushioning...he is having back issues. It isn't the shoe specifically, just the option of more cushioning for his back. :smile:

Source is an ESPN reporter I know and it was reported this morning.

Last edited:
Yeah.... Bron Bron finally came out & said his lower back has been hurting for weeks now. Guess it didn't have anything to do with the 11s foamposite material not being broken in or his deformed toes. Bron Bron just needs the extra cushioning that the 10s max zoom provides to help with the strain on his back.

Now let's see how many "the 11s are killing my pinky toes" comments we get in this thread now. :rofl:

Yeah.... Bron Bron finally came out & said his lower back has been hurting for weeks now. Guess it didn't have anything to do with the 11s foamposite material not being broken in or his deformed toes. Bron Bron just needs the extra cushioning that the 10s max zoom provides to help with the strain on his back.

Now let's see how many "the 11s are killing my pinky toes" comments we get in this thread now. :rofl:

Now all the complaining about toes being crushed will turn into complaining about back issues, I say just cop custom back braces to match your XI's and just ball out til you fall out! Ctfu

laugh.gif

Haven't bothered to read the last couple of pages but did we get any reasoning as to why the forging irons are $250?

I can see it now:

"Damn guys, these lebron xis are KILLING my back!"

I can see it now:

"Damn guys, these lebron xis are KILLING my back!"

In everything that I read it doesn't say anything about the 10's helping his back because of the extra cushion -- it makes sense to a point but we still don't know if that is really the reason. For all we know it could still be the fit of the shoes. If there is any literature on him wearing 10's because of his back could someone post it so we can put this issue to bed....

I might just have wide feet, but the 11's are killing my pinky toes lol. And I bought them true to size. Haven't given them the proper wear because of that. Smh 
mean.gif

For those that have worn their XI, is there any pain at the "knuckle" or joint of your toes? I was looking to get another pair to hoop in. (Currently wearing casually) but I'm concerned with the pain they're causing. I'm bummed because I really like the shoe, cushioning and support are top notch.
JS"

guys....come on, seriously. Eveyone's foot is different. Be concerned about what works for you, because what works someone else is completely irrelevant. They do not have the same foot as you, nor does Lebron James. Try them on, if they work for your foot and have the feel you want go for it, if not don't. Other's opinions in this matter will do absolutely no good, including LBJ himself.

Lebron is wearing the X's because of the extra cushioning...he is having back issues. It isn't the shoe specifically, just the option of more cushioning for his back.
smile.gif

Source is an ESPN reporter I know and it was reported this morning.
Good find Kevin. 

^not sure if directed at me, but If someone else has the same issue and they've been able to overcome the problem and have tips then why not ask? I'm not "hating" on the shoe, just want to know if anyone's experienced the same issue and the burning on toes that I have. If they could provide insight or give some feedback that will go away that would be great.

^if not directed towards me please disregard. Thanks

JS"

^not sure if directed at me, but If someone else has the same issue and they've been able to overcome the problem and have tips then why not ask? I'm not "hating" on the shoe, just want to know if anyone's experienced the same issue and the burning on toes that I have. If they could provide insight or give some feedback that will go away that would be great.

^if not directed towards me please disregard. Thanks

JS"
Right. I have the same problem with the "burning toes" I found that if you wear thinner socks, it helps alleviate the pain. At least for me.

I suggest dropping in the Kobe 8 insole(if you own a pair) to break in the toe box. When it's all broken in switch back and break that insole in. I have a narrow foot so it's not a problem like you guys with wide feet. My right foot is slightly wider than my left but once mine are broken in then it should be perfect for me.

Wavy Crocket.....thanks for the response. I usually wear double socks to hoop in. Might try just one. Currently they're burning in my elite socks but glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks again

Thanks thapointguy as well.

JS"

Last edited:
Surprisingly I haven't had the pinky toe issue on these, despite the fact that I had it on the X's and really bad on the IX's. I figured with the lower toebox on here it would be a certainty, but after a few wears it's never popped up. To me, these have been the most comfortable LeBron's right out of the box.

^ I agree. step-in comfort is incredible.

I think this shoe goes to show how some performance models just don't work for certain feet. The X (rip on me all you want) was designed for everyday wear less than pushing the envelope on performance, so it fit everyone at least semi-well.

The XI and other performance models simply have unique shapes and hot spots that won't matchup for everyone.

It will be interesting if Nike returns to general appeal ( a trend since the 6 really) or opts to make the LeBron line high-end performance shoes and ride his popularity to sales.

Haven't bothered to read the last couple of pages but did we get any reasoning as to why the forging irons are $250?

Some dude was trying to justify it because that's how the economy works.... He was partially right as it's simply a supply and demand issue. Nike is artificially creating increase demand by have less stock then they know they can sell. While they could have raised the price $20-25 dollars like the ASG and BHM, they know they can sellout at $250, so that's what they will sell them at. I just wished I would have know retail was going to be $250 I would have paid the extra thirty to have my pair on lock from Asia.

They sold the FI at the 11/11 event for $200 with a special case, there is no excuse besides greed why retail pairs are 25% more.

When people ask about toe problems, arch problems, heel problems, all I can think of.. why ask someone else.. do you know how many different foot types there are?

I think before Bron stopped wearing them, people commented on the toe box. Back when every 5 posts was about sizing. But ur right, the vibe went from this is the most comfortable shoe ever, to I can't wear them for an hr lol

I had em when I first wore em. But wore the KP for 7 hours with Elite socks. Haven't worn that combo since so I don't know if the foam is breaking in or its because I'm wearing thinner socks.

Back
Top Bottom