Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
3M has always been an almost universally liked thing among shoe enthusiest. 

Obviously there are people who think different but I would bet it is safe to say the majority of people generally like 3M.

3M is just like an added bonus (for the most part) and do not make or break a shoe.

GITD is a different story. Espically if it is poorly made GITD.

In general, I think your comments about 3M vs. GITD are probably right, but I -- for one -- am finally tired of 3M. It's become a gimmick too. I especially don't think it needs to be used on the BHM. It's already got purple, gold and that print (things that can be related to Black History), it doesn't need reflective material too. It's still a nice shoe, but there's just too much going on for me.

As far as the Hornets, I've never been a big fan of purple and teal (prefer purple and orange), but the SLH just might be the best executed XI yet. At least among the annually-themed Brons. I can see a lot of dudes buying the new Charlotte gear to match, putting some more money in Mike's pocket.

Not really sure what you guys are seeing in these SLH's.

They seem pretty underwhelming to me.

Was just talkin to a homie last night about how much I love my SLH 9s.. think they're super underrated.

Come on here just now and see that the honeycomb pair is the SLH XI and DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, those are super fresh!

BHM, ASG and SLH are gonna cause wallet problems this year!

please explain how this is one pattern of at least 3 different patterns?, I see triangles, lions matter of fact imho, if you take away the lions and the triangles and just leave that random square like pattern i'd be all for these 

Sure since you asked nicely. Simple a pattern is not limited to one shape or design, but is a repetition in a sequence. For example you may have 2 sets of Christmas wrapping paper, 1 set only has a snowflake pattern repeating throughout the paper the 2nd set has a snowflake, Santa Claus, and a elf pattern repeating through out the paper (lol) Now just because you don't like Santa Claus (or the lion head) doesn't make it not still one pattern. Rather it be one object in the design or several objects in the design the repetition & placement still makes it a pattern.

View media item 729819

Great year for lebrons so far! Nothing yet that's been super hard to get or super limited . I love this. all the more reason I'm slowly done with jordan brand and their bs

I think GITD is played out along with clear soles. It's become a gimmick that doesn't even work that well.

3M is sort of a staple to me

I think GITD is played out along with clear soles. It's become a gimmick that doesn't even work that well.

3M is sort of a staple to me
3M is definitely something I get geeked about on every shoe..

GITD is for the beasts mane

Chill, 3M is and always will be dope.

GITD has and always will be a gimmick.

Idk I guess I never thought of that... I do not view 3M in the same light as glow in the dark. 
wink.gif

GITD just seems more gimmicky to me. If that makes sense.

3M has always been an almost universally liked thing among shoe enthusiest. 

Obviously there are people who think different but I would bet it is safe to say the majority of people generally like 3M.

3M is just like an added bonus (for the most part) and do not make or break a shoe.

GITD is a different story. Espically if it is poorly made GITD.
I don't have a problem with 3m but nike is using it as a gimmick on basketball shoes though same as gitd heck I don't even pay attention to gitd bcuz most times it don't glow more than 5secs lol
My thoughts on it exactly. I guess 3m has actual useful properties. IE running amongst auto traffic.

Glow in the dark doesn't, and is more done in a gimmick manner. Not to say it hasn't been executed well before.
being in the army and running I understand and enjoy 3m on my "running shoes" as it is functional like our vest or pt belts, however I wouldn't recommend running on trails in basketball shoes
Sure since you asked nicely. Simple a pattern is not limited to one shape or design, but is a repetition in a sequence. For example you may have 2 sets of Christmas wrapping paper, 1 set only has a snowflake pattern repeating throughout the paper the 2nd set has a snowflake, Santa Claus, and a elf pattern repeating through out the paper (lol) Now just because you don't like Santa Claus (or the lion head) doesn't make it not still one pattern. Rather it be one object in the design or several objects in the design the repetition & placement still makes it a pattern.
touché so I will rephrase knowing the def by saying I don't like the "santa claus" symbols and triangles but the rest of the shoe is nice

Last edited:
Not really sure what you guys are seeing in these SLH's.

They seem pretty underwhelming to me.
I would say they seem a little gimmicky in a corny way, yea I get it Summit Lake Hornets okay
eyes.gif
 but they had to cover the whole fuse in a honeycomb pattern to get that across, just a little too much for me
mean.gif
 maybe if it was done like the TW's or the ASG's (which I love) and only put on the liner and shank plate or the sole even I would be all in same goes foe Xmas and BHM's but sadly it is not. I will be saving myself time and hassle on the next couple releases and its giving my pockets a much deserved
laugh.gif

Gitd is not played out. Nike should use it on more shoes tbh
  Quote:

if glow is played out then so is 3m nike's other fav shoe booster, also I respect your opinion on the BHM to each their own
3M has been getting slapped on damn near every other release but GITD is played out and 3M isn't? I'm just saying
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't feel like gitd is played out I just feel the way Nike utilizes it is lame. The ever shoe that glows must be super limited & special way.

I don't feel like gitd is played out I just feel the way Nike utilizes it is lame. The ever shoe that glows must be super limited & special way.

for lebrons maybe but GITD has shown up on some regular shoes recently like his soldiers and the hyperposites.

all of the barkley posites had gitd soles and minus the asg all were regular releases and not limited heck you can find some on sale, at the same time 2pr had 3m with the gitd asg and Godzilla's/suns but I didn't buy those shoes for the gitd nor the 3m and don't buy shoes because of a feature or because its limited, if I like the design then i'm buy it regardless of what nike/adidas/reebok/fila has added

I don't have a problem with 3m but nike is using it as a gimmick on basketball shoes though same as gitd heck I don't even pay attention to gitd bcuz most times it don't glow more than 5secs lol

being in the army and running I understand and enjoy 3m on my "running shoes" as it is functional like our vest or pt belts, however I wouldn't recommend running on trails in basketball shoes
touché so I will rephrase knowing the def by saying I don't like the "santa claus" symbols and triangles but the rest of the shoe is nice

LOL! Cool

3M is definitely something I get geeked about on every shoe..

GITD is for the beasts mane
I know that resellers see gitd and think $$$$$ but that has bit them in the ***** on so many s****, barkleys, LeBron soldiers, NBC pack, Kamikaze's, most of those shoes right there with gitd can be found for under retail so I would disagree on that only the galaxy foams and those asg edition shoes caused that gitd beast mess but regardless of gitd its the asg shoes so auto beast bcuz their limited more so than the gitd on them

GITD is awesome for playing ball in the pitch black night or laser tag. That's it.

Still waiting for the nikes with gak slime in them and lights when you walk.....

What I don't like is when 3M is used with a black upper, like it is with the BHM. Because when it's not reflecting it just has this dull, glazed doughnut type of look.

But when Nike uses 3M as a true silver, like the classic Jordan V tongue, or even the toe/tongue of the Jordan Xmas 28 SE, it looks fresh, whether it's reflecting or not!

Back
Top Bottom