Les Who? Rich Rodriguez is the new coach for the Michigan Wolverines

Months after Michigan athletic director Bill Martin took head basketball coach John Beilein from West Virginia, U-M raids the Mountaineers' coachingcabinet again. Rich Rodriguez will be the Wolverines' next football coach.
http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=751801

In an early afternoon meeting with his football team, Rodriguez announced he was leaving to become the head coach at Michigan, the Charleston Gazettereported. He walked into a scheduled 1:30 p.m. meeting with his team and emerged 10 minutes later without comment.

Players filed out somberly and without comment, the Gazette reported.

Watch for more on this story in the hours to come ...

Terrelle Pyror also just added UM back on to his list. Hello Spread offense
pimp.gif

He's not coaching the Fiesta**Bowl either btw.

Hmm interseeting. Im suprised thid didn't wait until the end of the season to announce this

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Rich, you could have held out another season. Devine and Pat White.

%%@$ you.

You're just like Beilein.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
This is going to be interesting.

If you thought Carr lost big games, wait til RichRod coems to town
laugh.gif

I wonder if Rich is gonna try to run a zone read like he did at WVU or is he just gonna run a more balanced spread because of his ability to recruit topplayers at all positions at Michigan? They will definetly be beating tOSU in a few years with Rich and the spread. (oh wait they couldnt even beat Pitt) But itwould just be so funny to see the Wolverines running just a zone read attack.
ohwell.gif

RichRod runs a more convensional offense too, He just had an extraordinary talent in Pat White, so he focused on the spread freeze option.

RichRod runs a more convensional offense too, He just had an extraordinary talent in Pat White, so he focused on the spread freeze option.

Yea I figured as much. I was just wondering if he would look for another "pat white" in the future seeing as he had some success with that. Idoubt it because he will have access to so much talent in Ann Arbor. Even though a Pat White in the Big Ten would be some serious trouble.

this isnt a bad hire. who else were they going to get? michigan cant have rebuilding seasons so I think this is good for them. Obviously they wanted miles butrodriguez has been solid for the past 4 to 5 seasons

He better run a different ofense cause mallet got o good of a arm to let him waste away. Like gunna said tho dude loses big games also

He better run a different ofense cause mallet got o good of a arm to let him waste away. Like gunna said tho dude loses big games also

I wonder if Rich is gonna try to run a zone read like he did at WVU or is he just gonna run a more balanced spread because of his ability to recruit top players at all positions at Michigan? They will definetly be beating tOSU in a few years with Rich and the spread. (oh wait they couldnt even beat Pitt) But it would just be so funny to see the Wolverines running just a zone read attack.
December 16, 2007
[h1]Pryor: Rodriguez leaving WVU for Michigan[/h1]
Mike Farrell
Rivals.com College Football
Rivals.com has learned that West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez is leaving the Mountaineers to become the new coach at Michigan.
Rodriguez spoke with Jeanette, Pa., high school quarterback Terrelle Pryor - the No. 1 prospect in the country according to Rivals.com - and told the prospect he is leaving the Mountaineers to take over the Wolverines program.
[table][tr][td]
RICHRODRIGUEZ250_0718.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Terrelle Pryor has added Michigan to his list now that Rich Rodriguez will be there.[/td] [/tr][/table]"Add Michigan to my list," said Pryor early this afternoon. "Rich Rod is headed to Michigan, I just spoke to him earlier this morning and he told me he's gone. I don't know when it will be announced but it could be as early as today."
Pryor, who has been interested in West Virginia because of its wide-open offense, seemed excited about the news.

"He's excited, and so was I," said Pryor. "Michigan was on my early list and now their right up there again. He's a great coach and I like his offense."

Rodriguez apparently informed Pryor before alerting most others, gauging his interest in joining him at his new school.

"He called me this morning and told me before he announced to anyone," said Pryor. "He said he's keeping the same offense that he had at West Virginia because it's all he knows. I love that offense. I told him I was very interested."

Earlier, Pryor dropped Tennessee from his list when he was informed that quarterbacks coach David Cutcliffe was taking the Duke job.

"My list is made up of some of the same teams. Ohio State is in there, Florida is in there and Penn State is in there but now Oregon is in the mix and now Michigan so a lot has changed. Tennessee and West Virginia are now out."

Pryor hasn't set up an official visit with Michigan as of yet but will certainly take one. There had been rumors he was going to make his decision at the U.S. Army All American Bowl in San Antonio in early January but he dismissed those as false.

"I've only been to Ohio State on an official and I've been to Penn State a few times," he said. "I need to see other schools, especially Michigan now."

But in terms of Mallett at QB, he'll adapt his offense for more of a down field attack.� Mallett took every single snap in H.S. out of theshotgun and RR had Shaun King put up huge numbers at Tulane back in the day.� Plus it's not even guaranteed that Mallett starts next year, Threet is goingto really push him (he ran a downfield spread attack in H.S. as well)

roll.gif
You buggin.
You missed the sarcasm
roll.gif

oh wait tOSU lost to Illinois
wink.gif

This will definetly get interesting if they get Pryor. This is Rich Rod's christmas gift to himself shame on him
laugh.gif

we lost our only QB recruit in this years class yesterday, so it even further opens the door for pryor...

RR has all of today to get on the phone with our recruits b/c the dead period starts tonight at midnight.

The hell is he gonna do when he finds out Ryan Mallett runs a 5.1 40? He should have stayed in the BE...Big 10 is a completely different animal....I thinkMichigan should have held out a little longer....I don't like this hire.

Mallet and Pryor battling for the starting job?
laugh.gif
Somebody would be lookin for them transfer papers in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom