Les Who? Rich Rodriguez is the new coach for the Michigan Wolverines

Whoa . . does this Pryor kid seriously think him and Rodriguez can implement the spread and find immediate success with players that Lloyd Carr recruited? Iknow he's good but that seems a little iffy to me . .

I am happy with the hire. Hopefully we don't have a soft QB like Pat White running our team that wants to sit on the bench because his off arm is hurt. Ithink RR could have done a lot more to win that Pitt game though. ANYTHING is better than Carr and his lameness. RR brings an offense that is diverse and isnot a complete joke like DeBORED's. Thank God Weinke transferred, he was garbage and didn't have a good QB name anyways. I don't think Michiganlands Pryor and Mallett ran a spread offense in HS and was having a tough time playing under C as it was. I think this helps him as a QB. Shaun King wasn'tvery mobile and RR ran a system around him that helped him succeed. I am just happy this process is over and we have a coach that can hit the recruiting trailsfor the next few hours and the recruits can look at what he does and make a decision to stay or go. Liking what I am hearing from the majority of the recruits.We need those small slot receivers though. Like Darius Reynaud.

Whoa . . does this Pryor kid seriously think him and Rodriguez can implement the spread and find immediate success with players that Lloyd Carr recruited? I know he's good but that seems a little iffy to me . .
why wouldnt he?
Pat White's Frosh yr he didnt start the yr, Bednarik did and the offense was nowhere near the same as it ended up being (it was pretty crappy) and itsbeen a monster ever since.

that offense took shape in @ 2 games, all it takes is a QB capable of running the freeze option and @ a month and that offense will be humming.
the spread offense allows lesser talewnted players to play on a more even playing field. thats why App St, was able to beat Michigan.

Wait so as soon as he knew he was taken the michigan job he called pryor to him to start looking there? Ol dirty bum

And when the hell did pat white become soft? Because of one game?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Wait so as soon as he knew he was taken the michigan job he called pryor to him to start looking there? Ol dirty bum

And when the hell did pat white become soft? Because of one game?

South Fla game too and last year he missed the Rutgers game. I forget why it might have been a legit injury

Why not? He had agreed to a deal w/ Michigan and Pryor would still be his #1 recruiting priority no matter where he was coaching. Pryor wasbeing recruiting pretty heavily all the way though the process, but after the summer Michigan fell the the bottom of his list of 8 or whatever it was.

He told the team this and D y kes said to him, "You are not even going to coach us in the Fuc*ing bowl game either?" and then RR walked out.
Solid hire michigan.
roll.gif

Solid.

why wouldnt he?
Pat White's Frosh yr he didnt start the yr, Bednarik did and the offense was nowhere near the same as it ended up being (it was pretty crappy) and its been a monster ever since.

that offense took shape in @ 2 games, all it takes is a QB capable of running the freeze option and @ a month and that offense will be humming.
the spread offense allows lesser talewnted players to play on a more even playing field. thats why App St, was able to beat Michigan.

But that was also something like Rodriguez's 3rd or 4th year in the program. Granted, the players the he took over at WVU are nowhere near the caliber ofthe ones he'll have at UM, it's just hard for me to fathom RR essentially changing the program's offensive DNA and having success from day 1. Is hegoing to have the kind of recievers he needs who'll be willing to effectively block downfield? All of that is up in the air in my eyes.

Originally Posted by IYE2

He told the team this and D y kes said to him, "You are not even going to coach us in the Fuc*ing bowl game either?" and then RR walked out.
Solid hire michigan.
roll.gif

Solid.

Kinda like the stalker that followed Rich Rod to the airport and harassed him, Magee and Gibson with their families as they were leaving town? I feel badfor the players but Rich Rod is getting his too. If you watch the interview on WBOY you will see how players feel about Rich Rod. Plus, the AD more than likelyhas a say on if he wanted Rich to coach the Bowl game. Anybody that thinks this was an easy decision for him and he wanted to bail on his players has the wrongguy. I am not believing anything WV fans say because they are pissed right now. Just look at the Scout site and you will see those stalkers following him outof town.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

why wouldnt he?
Pat White's Frosh yr he didnt start the yr, Bednarik did and the offense was nowhere near the same as it ended up being (it was pretty crappy) and its been a monster ever since.

But that was also something like Rodriguez's 3rd or 4th year in the program. Granted, the players the he took over at WVU are nowhere near the caliber of the ones he'll have at UM, it's just hard for me to fathom RR essentially changing the program's offensive DNA and having success from day 1. Is he going to have the kind of recievers he needs who'll be willing to effectively block downfield? All of that is up in the air in my eyes.

Soup gets his receivers to block down field. Jason Avant was a beast blocking and so was Arrington this year. Soup is more than likely gonna stay and hegets his guys to block.

Exile, Ur thinkin RichROd only knows spread Option, Thats not the case.

check out his TUlane Offense. Shaun King threw the ball downfield.
WRs will have ample opportunity to make plays, iif they are one of the strengths of the football team

im hoping rich rodriguez gets rid of the old OC now...apparently that OC was the only thing keeping sam mcguffie committed to michigan, and not going toa&m...

Just look at the Scout site and you will see those stalkers following him out of town.
Yeah, really. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody put a hit out on him.

Did you guys hear about the death threats Pat McAfee (WVU kicker) received and the vandalism to his car because of his two missed kicks in the Pitt. game?

McGuffie likes the RB coach, Fred Jackson. No clue on if he will stay or not. That is Magee's specialty but Fred only has 1 year left on his contract andmight be worth it if Magee takes over TE's. I think Sam has to look at the offense as a whole and see that he will be a lot better in this offense thanMichigans old school style. I think he stays. Its nice that RR is already in AA so that he and the couple of coaches can get an early look at our roster. Maybethey can throw some help on what to look for in the spread offense that we are going to have to defend in a couple of weeks.Damn, I was happy until I realizedthat we have to go up against Tebow. YIKES!

I know WV fans are pissed but they are really handling this bad on certain sites. It was only a matter of time that RR left. His house was vandalized afterthey lost to Pitt with his family still in it. It is great to be passionate but take a loss like a man. Michigan is a tough job but at least the fansaren't crazy. I think he will fit in great in AA. 9 AM is the PC tomorrow. Word is, RR is also bring Barwis who is their S&C coach. That alone makesthi hire a good one because the dopes we had running our S&C were absolutely terrible.

Thank God the search is over. This week is going to be a B at work with Christmas around the corner.

Did you guys hear about the death threats Pat McAfee (WVU kicker) received and the vandalism to his car because of his two missed kicks in the Pitt. game?

haha same thing happened to stephen mcgee earlier this year. someone put some pretty threatening letters on his car after the miami and texas tech games.

Gross I don't want white chocolate going to A&M.

as long as hes talented i could give two$*#$@! about him being "white chocolate." its just what a&m needs. though i must say, my friend showed mehis myspace, and he kinda seems like a douche.

McGuffie likes the RB coach, Fred Jackson. No clue on if he will stay or not.

i was thinking what i had read was wrong, cuz i heard from somewhere else (i think it was on here) that mcguffie had liked the rb coach. i dont see why hewould leave even if the coach he likes gets canned, rich rod's offense really gives him a pretty good chance of getting involved.

Pryor at Oregon >>>>> Pryor at Michigan

Pryor would absolutely thrive under Chip Kelly...

So I guess this means that Mario Manningham is gone.....

I think if Rich Rod comes in saying that he will be running the spread, Super Mario is gone....

Whats gonna happen at WVU???? That whole offense is based on the spread freeze option offense...

Turns out WVU contacted Jimbo Fisher in regards to the HC job...He said 'no'......But that means nothing now-a-days....

Back
Top Bottom