Les Who? Rich Rodriguez is the new coach for the Michigan Wolverines

Mike, I told you, it's been like ten years since T. Bowden was coaching.
laugh.gif

Good hire. I for one wasn't on the Les Miles bandwagon. Miles is a good coach, but I don't believe he is the savior some were making him out to be.I'm looking forward to Rodriguez getting on campus and hopefully shaking up some things.

Besides, anybody would be better than Carr. Good man, but it was definitely time for him to go.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Oh %+#@...now we have to hear from Michigan fans non-stop, once again.

If you didn't want to hear from Michigan fans, why would you enter a thread about Michigan football?

^^ He means from now on we're gonna have to hear it . .

Exile, Ur thinkin RichROd only knows spread Option, Thats not the case.

check out his TUlane Offense. Shaun King threw the ball downfield.
WRs will have ample opportunity to make plays, iif they are one of the strengths of the football team

I gotcha, I was a little too quick to forget that Tulane w/ King was actually my team on Gamebreaker '98 . .

http://dreClark.u.yuku.com
So I guess this means that Mario Manningham is gone.....

I think if Rich Rod comes in saying that he will be running the spread, Super Mario is gone....
Not so fast. But yeah, if he comes in and says we're running the spread, just like I did at WVU then the whole team is screwed... even ifthey do end up getting pryor. But if he goes the route that he probably should (in terms of what kind of players he has on the team right now) and transfershis gameplan to a more Tulane-esque style offense where Shaun King put up 3500+ and 500, then Mario might want to consider sticking around. Somehow they haveto get the M&M relationship mended too, but you never know what a new coach can do.

If you didn't want to hear from Michigan fans, why would you enter a thread about Michigan football?
A) It was a joke.
B) Exile was right. If anything, I meant 17 replies about how great Michigan is gonna be in the 2008 college football ("no homers") thread, up untilUM loses it's first 3 games.
C) Congrats on getting the guy y'all wanted all along...

as long as hes talented i could give two$*#$@! about him being "white chocolate.
" its just what a&m needs. though i must say, my friend showed me his myspace, and he kinda seems like a douche.
I've watched a couple of his hs games and I'm just not very impressed with him. He's very fast and very quick against the guys heplays, but I just have a feeling hes gonna get owned playing rb in college. I think RR's system is actually the best fit for him so I would be shocked ifhe decommitted. FWIW Michigan fans, WVU's S&C coach is supposed to be the best in the business.

FWIW Michigan fans, WVU's S&C coach is supposed to be the best in the business.
Word. Our previous S&C coach was probably one of the worst in the business. One of the reasons why I'm so hyped for next season is tosee what kind of shape some of our guys can get in. A lot of them are out of shape and can't wait to see what happens when the trim down and start flyingaround. Despite anything, Mich has some of the top athletes in the country

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/397367.html

I'm very excited about this hire. It'll be nice to see some creativity and life on the offensive side of the ball. Are his defenses any good? I wonderif he'll keep any of the current coaches, tho the only ones worth keeping really are Jackson, Campbell, and Loeffler.

statistically his defense was good this year, but in the past few years at wvu they were horrible. i know they liked to play a 3-3-5....

sick.gif
Thats good or bad, our db's have been garbage as of latebut they didnt play too bad this year, DW will develop into a solid CB.

I don't blame Rich for leaving. I just wish it would be at the end of the year. I hate seeing a team left behind if they have games remaining, ala Falconsand now WV.

where are my fellow WVU fans ... how ya'll feel ?

personally ... i'm hot as hell ... i dont want terry Bowden ... smh.

You couldnt name 10 coaches coaching rite now in the NCAA better than Terry Bowden

I hope that's sarcasm...if not...

Jim Tressel
Urban Meyer
Rich Rodriguez
Pete Carroll
Mack Brown
Mike Bellotti
Kirk Ferentz
Greg Shiano
Bronco Mendenhall
Chris Petersen
Frank Beamer

Heck...I could even name coordinators that are probably more suited than Terry.

Chip Kelly
Dan Mullen
Bud Foster

The list could continue...

Rich Rodriguez
laugh.gif

Mack Brown
laugh.gif

Mike Bellotti
laugh.gif

Kirk Ferentz
laugh.gif

Greg Shiano
laugh.gif

Bronco Mendenhall
laugh.gif

Chris Petersen
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WHO KNEW that U would get not just one Oregon coach, but 2
laugh.gif

I guarantee you, No one outside of Oregon thinks Mike Belotti is a good coach amd some or most Oregonians dont think he's good.

expand your horizons man.

start here,
http://www.terrybowden.com/long_bio.htm

everywhere Bowden has been he turned around programs, and made them Nat'l title contenders
O and I dont know if your joking or not with Mack Brown but there has been at least 3 - 5 yrs where Texas had basically the best teams in the country and hewas the reason they didnt win the title. He has to wake up and thank the lord everyday for VY cuz without him, he'd be title - less and on his way to beingthe most overated, underachieving cozch in college football history

Michigan fans better pray Rich Rodriguez doesn't bring that 3-3-5 crap up there. Watching WVU trying to execute that defense through the years has beenhorrendous.

Originally Posted by young dr0

where are my fellow WVU fans ... how ya'll feel ?

personally ... i'm hot as hell ... i dont want terry Bowden ... smh.
I'm hot. Hiring Bud Foster would make me happy though.

O and I dont know if your joking or not with Mack Brown but there has been at least 3 - 5 yrs where Texas had basically the best teams in the country and he was the reason they didnt win the title. He has to wake up and thank the lord everyday for VY cuz without him, he'd be title - less and on his way to being the most overated, underachieving cozch in college football history
With the talent Texas had some of those years, only to lose to Oklahoma or Texas A&M or some bogus game, it's RIDICULOUS how safe MackBrown's job really is...

I don't really buy into the 'He won't win without Vince Young' crap, but Mack definately has made his share of questionable decisions over theyears, and he's definately come up short quite a few times and been out-coached and out-gameplanned on more than a few occasions.

Back
Top Bottom