let this thread die (NYK)

So, training camp starts in about a month. When will Kenyon make his decision (to sign with L.A.)? :lol:

honestly i think hes either gonna sign with knicks or some other team that is not a contender

dude will virtually get no playing time with the lakers and they can only offer him the vet min which he does not want.

him and bird man are the only 2 forwards that might help contenders

So, training camp starts in about a month. When will Kenyon make his decision (to sign with L.A.)? :lol:

honestly i think hes either gonna sign with knicks or some other team that is not a contender

dude will virtually get no playing time with the lakers and they can only offer him the vet min which he does not want.

him and bird man are the only 2 forwards that might help contenders

But we can only offer the min as well. He'll take vet min money, if it means playing with a contender. He barely got time playing in L.A. last year. Who's to say he wouldn't want to stay in the area, but play for a contender?

I'd LOVE to sign Kenyon. Trust me, I would, but it's not a foreseeable thing for the Knicks.

i think he signs with the nets. his agent saying he wont take the vet minimum so maybe its more about money and pride than winning?

who knows? I would be surprised but not too surprised if he picked the knicks over the lakers

is it me or has this thread slowed down a lot since we moved... i find myself checking it less and less often

NAh its cuz we've made all our offseason moves already... and it just happened this thread been moved around the same time

who knows? I would be surprised but not too surprised if he picked the knicks over the lakers

There seems to be a trend and balance with this team in terms of shooting towards a common goal this summer. You got Camby shunning the Heat for NY (former teammate of Melo, JR, Smith and Martin). Brewer took less to join. Kidd doesn't seem like he's ready to mail it in (former teammate of Camby and Chandler). JR took less (even if it was to help his bro). With Martin you got former teammates (Melo, Smith, Camby, Kidd) and history (2 finals reached with Kidd, WFC reached with the others) to factor in. Business is business, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to join a team where he played/traveled/practiced with half the team before.

We'll see. For all he might have lost over the years game-wise, you just can't put a price on that tourette's. "Damn K-Mart, you scary"[emoji]8482[/emoji] :frown:

Lou Admundson would be a nice fit IMO. Another guy that doesn't give an F either.

What y'all think of this STAT & Hakeem work? Dude should let his game do the talking IMO no need to raise expectations even more after a season like he just had. Obviously injuries are a part of the game and I can't fault him for that but still.
Dude yapped away last year about how "I've never been in better shape in my life / my body fat is less than 5% / I added 15 lbs of muscle" ...Just ball son.

And the dream got paid what? 10k or 100k to work with him? I can't remember exactly.
What's he supposed to say other than son looks great with these new moves? Idk, hopefully I'm proven wrong but this is a big year for STAT.
None of this "be loyal to STAT" talk bc he came in 2010 also. We were the only dudes who guaranteed 100 mil. And please don't tell me about loyalty when this is the same franchise that traded Pat when he was willing to take a lesser salary in 2000.

Last edited:
Lol what? Why is that even asked? Did anyone even mentioned that? The only thing I read was Tyson w/ Kidd. Unless if I missed something :nerd:

Thank you for this.
Having been born yesterday, I really wasn't sure until you brought it up.
There's nothing this thread needed more in August then this post right here.
Where that rep button at again?

Obviously you guys didn't peep Melo's season after the last Olympics. He has no choice but to show up in mid-season form, and you're still trying to be pessimistic? Like I said before, there's history behind these projections for Melo. Melo even said that the USA Basketball tourney's had him entering each season with a different hunger. Of course, that probably means he's saying that he slacked off all the other years... Barring death/tragic injury, he'll have far and away his best season as a Knick this year. Regular season will be a cakewalk. The key is playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom