let this thread die (NYK)

Amar’e Stoudemire, Baron Davis & Danny Granger are set to appear in Mindy Kaling’s new Fox comedy “The Mindy Project.” In the episode, Kaling’s character, a gynecologist, goes to a nightclub with her co-workers where she winds up hanging out in the VIP section with the three NBA players. The premiere of the show is set for the 25th of September, however the NBA stars will not appear until the fourth episode.

show looks terrible lol. That's cool though I think baron is gonna be in the entertainment industry

**** Danny Granger.

And yeah unlike the relatively other new FOX comedies this doesn't look good. FOX going a bit hard on the female led comedies after the popularity/success of New Girl. I expect this show to get canceled soon unless The Office is ending sooner. On an unrelated note that Finding Hope show is corny.

fox is notorious for having wack shows and canceling them after one episode or midseason.

Last edited:
**** Danny Granger.

And yeah unlike the relatively other new FOX comedies this doesn't look good. FOX going a bit hard on the female led comedies after the popularity/success of New Girl. I expect this show to get canceled soon unless The Office is ending sooner. On an unrelated note that Finding Hope show is corny.

You expect the Mindy Project to get canceled soon? It hasn't aired yet, but yea its trash. Also, the office ends this year as does 30 Rock. There are two shows I am waiting for, Last Resort and Zero Hour. Both are on ABC.

**** Danny Granger.

You expect the Mindy Project to get canceled soon? It hasn't aired yet, but yea its trash. Also, the office ends this year as does 30 Rock. There are two shows I am waiting for, Last Resort and Zero Hour. Both are on ABC.
I mean end soon as in once it airs it won't be renewed and may end in the middle of the season. The latter might not happen if they group it around their better shows.

It's a shame really FOX use to have great shows despite the amount they have ran through. Now they're mainly living off Gordon Ramsey, Glee, and American Idol/X-Factor.
fox is notorious for having wack shows and canceling them after one episode or midseason.
Fox be running through comedies :lol: :lol:
Earlier there was some joke on the Simpsons or Family Guy in regards to that. Some character had to wait 6 months for something and the response "Oh, he won't even recognize the FOX lineup when he comes back."

I still remember some thread in General about good canceled shows and somebody posted the list by FOX. It was crazy :lol: I will say they are good at making you forget the show after they're canceled.

Last edited:
Hey guys, figure this would be a good place to ask.  I'm visiting NYC in November and gonna catch a Knicks game, Knicks/Heat to be exact.  Is the 200 section a decent seat? 

Last edited:
Its a good seat but could be expensive. Depends who they play and if you go thru stubhub. Seats in the 300s are about 90 bucks this year

[h1]Why Melo needs to play more PF in '12-'13[/h1]
August, 19, 2012
Aug 19

2:03

PM ET

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

Twenty years from now, people will remember the 2011-12 Knicks' season as the Year of Jeremy Lin.

Lin, as we all know, came off the end of the Knicks' bench in February and nearly turned the season around by himself.

New York was seven games under .500 when Lin took over. Thanks in part to Lin's run, the Knicks finished the season in seventh place in the East and made the playoffs for the second straight year.

But giving Lin all of the credit for the Knicks' turnaround would be misguided.

Anyone who paid close attention to the team last spring knows that the Knicks don't make the playoffs without Carmelo Anthony.

From late March to the end of the regular season, Anthony put the team's scoring burden on his back, single-handedly carrying the Knicks to the finish line.

He won the NBA's player of the month award in April -- and deservedly so.

In the first nine games of the month, he averaged 32 points and hit nearly half (47 percent) of his 3's. He also had two 40-point games in April, and a 35-point, 12-rebound, 10-assist triple double against the Celtics.

He did all this with Lin and Amare Stoudemire sidelined due to injury. And he did it while playing playing power forward in place of Stoudemire.

Which begs the question: will Mike Woodson give Anthony extended minutes at the '4' this year? One veteran scout thinks it would be a good idea.

"I like him at the power forward," the scout, who is responsible for observing Atlantic Division teams, said of Anthony. "I think he's much more effective; he gets it in the post and the mid post where he likes it on the left side and he can step out and stretch the defense with his outside shooting as well. It gives him more freedom and he faces guys that he's quicker than at the 4."

The numbers bear that out.

In 13 games starting at power forward last season (during Stoudemire's absence), Anthony averaged 30 points per 36 minutes on 50.5 percent shooting, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The Knicks' offensive rating with Anthony at power forward was 108.9.

In 42 games at small forward, Anthony averaged 21.8 points per 36 minutes on 40.1 percent shooting and the Knicks' offensive rating (a measure of points scored per 100 possessions) was 100.4.

Big difference.

As the scout points out, moving Anthony to power forward can also help on defense, an area where he is oft-critisized for not giving a consistent effort.

"The (power forwards) won't be as quick (as small forwards Anthony would normally match up with)," the scout says. "So he'll be able to keep those guys in front of him and he's pretty strong. He can play decent post defense."

The numbers from last season indicate a slight uptick for Anthony's defense as a power forward.

In 42 games with Anthony at small forward, the Knicks allowed an average of 100.4 points per 100 possessions. In 13 games with Anthony at power forward, that number dropped to 99.2.

"He can definitely benefit from more minutes there," another Eastern Conference scout says.

The trick for Woodson, of course, is to find minutes for Anthony at power forward this year. When Stoudemire was out late last season with a back injury, it was easy to slide Anthony to power forward.

But with Stoudemire healthy, he and Anthony will have to be split up to get Anthony time at power forward.

Woodson, though, has vowed to make the Anthony-Stoudemire pairing work. He seems to be committed to playing Anthony and Stoudemire on the floor at the same time together. The pairing hasn't worked out as well as most expected when Anthony came over from Denver in Feb. 2011.

Splitting Anthony and Stoudemire up for extended minutes may benefit both players.

It would allow Anthony to play at power forward and would free Stoudemire to operate as the top scoring option, a role occupied by Anthony when both players are on the floor.

"It's something he'll definitely have to consider," the Atlantic Division scout says, "I don't know how Amare would take it, but it could benefit both players."

Its a good seat but could be expensive. Depends who they play and if you go thru stubhub. Seats in the 300s are about 90 bucks this year
Thanks man.  Its kinda confusing because I see different seating layouts.  Possibly due to the new remodel? 

Thanks bro, i stole it from you :smile:

Amar’e Stoudemire was spotted in New York City today doing press for his newly released book, STAT: Standing Tall and Talented #1: Home Court. Stoudemire promoted his book on a segment of Good Morning America followed by a signing at Barnes & Noble.

Anyone plan on copping?

I have zero interest coming off that trash season when there's obviously more chapters to write. Dudes writing a book like he's retired with a ring. Don't get me wrong, his story and background does interest me, but IMO dude has so much more left to do.

Mikhail Prokhorov is spicing up the blossoming Knicks-Nets rivalry.

The Brooklyn Nets owner described New York Knicks owner James Dolan as "that little man" to a New York Magazine writer in a recently published story. The absentee Russian billionaire is reported to be 6-foot-8, while the reclusive Dolan is not nearly as tall as his counterpart.

"Prokhorov told me back in December that he plans on attending a quarter of the regular-season games and 'all the playoff ones.' He also made sure that I heard him call Dolan 'that little man,'" writes the article's author, Will Leitch.

"The Nets frequently note that a minimum of 2,000 seats a game will cost $15 or less, at least for the first season (in the Barclays Center). Still, it's clear that the Nets did not move to Brooklyn to be Pepsi to Jim Dolan's Coke: They want to be Veuve Clicquot."

The Knicks and Nets have been engaging in a publicity war as both teams ready to battle it out for Big Apple supremacy this upcoming season. The squads, playing in New York City together for the first time this season, will meet in both teams' season openers on Nov. 1 at the brand-new Barclays Center.

In Prokhorov's introductory news conference in 2010, he said, "We will turn Knicks fans into Nets fans." Later that year, a billboard was erected right across from the Knicks' home, Madison Square Garden, with Prokhorov and minority owner rapper Jay-Z below "the blueprint for greatness."

"That billboard is the anchor to an aggressive marketing platform for key transit hubs from Manhattan to Newark," Nets CEO Brett Yormark said to The Record (N.J.) in July 2010.

"It's a pretty aggressive campaign around free agency. It's one of the biggest advertising spaces in the city. What better place to make a statement?"

Prokhorov's comments came in a story detailing the Barclays Center coming to Brooklyn and the Nets' role in it all.
Why couldn't this guy be the owner of our team?
mean.gif

We out here stuck with Jimmy. LOOK AT HIM.

LOOK AT HIS FACE, MAN.

Back
Top Bottom