let this thread die (NYK)

Uhh shump? [br][br]
14186sn.jpg

Dwayne Wayne?

Last edited:
Congrats to Ray
-seems like him and Sean May are still in the overweight NBA players club. But Ray said he will make a effort to be in shape this year unlike last year. We will see how it goes....

Mike Woodson and Jeff Van Gundy share two main things in common. First of all, they both took over the Knicks during mid-season and then became the head coach the following season. Secondly, they're both defensive-minded coaches.

Now, as Woodson is about to embark on his first full season with the Knicks, Van Gundy, who currently serves as an ESPN NBA analyst, provided his thoughts on the new head coach and the team to ESPNNewYork.com. Van Gundy also reflected on the defensive makeup of his Knicks teams.

Q: What do you think about the Knicks' defensive-focused offseason acquisitions, notably Marcus Camby and Ronnie Brewer?

Van Gundy: I thought they played well defensively, particularly down the stretch last year. It will be interesting with [Raymond] Felton back at the point how they can pressure the ball and also with [Iman] Shumpert out due to injury. Ronnie Brewer gives them length and quickness, and Camby has had a remarkable career and he's an extremely intelligent player overall. Defensively, in combination with [Tyson] Chandler, they will always have shot-blocking and intelligence along the back line. And on occasion, those two guys will play together. I don't think that would be ideal from an offensive standpoint, but certainly in short bursts, they could play together.

Q: What impressed you about Mike Woodson's defensive approach last season after he replaced Mike D'Antoni?

Van Gundy: I don't want to make this a comparison between Mike and Coach D'Antoni, because whenever you compare people, in my way of thinking, somebody gets diminished, and I don't want to do that. But Mike Woodson has been a very good coach in our league for a very long time, so anybody who's surprised that he did a good job, just wasn't paying attention to the great job he did in Atlanta. He is no-nonsense, and he believes in playing hard and smart. You've got to give he and the best players a lot of credit for their improvement defensively, because teams are never going to defend better than its best players and how much effort they expend defensively. And it will now be interesting over an 82-game season to see if they can regenerate that same enthusiasm level on the defensive end of the floor.

Q: Like Woodson, you took over the Knicks during a season (1995-96, replacing Don Nelson) and then you were the head coach the following one. Looking back on that first full training camp, which is what Woodson has ahead, what were keys for your team jelling defensively?

Van Gundy: Well, you always start over at step one and build your base of habits defensively. You end the season at step, like, 20, but you can't start the next season at step 20. You've got to go back and rebuild the base of your habits. You also have to have that commitment level from your best players that defense is important and it's going to be a critical ingredient to long-term success. It's hard, but we're going to commit to improving in that area every day. I think you can't just leave the grunt, blue-collar work for others. The best players have to commit, and I was fortunate. I didn't have to sell that. They already knew that from their time previously with other coaches, so my job was relatively simple.

Q: What are your fondest memories of your time with the Knicks, especially about how your guys came together and finally became a championship contender in 1999?

Van Gundy: I think we had a great group and team chemistry because Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, Charlie Ward, Chris Childs, all those guys, had great individual pride. But they had even greater team pride, and they believed in the same basic core values of team play, work ethic, accountability, unselfishness. So the great thing about those teams is, even though we didn't win all the time and we lost some tough playoff series in heartbreaking fashion, we rarely beat ourselves. There was an everyday commitment to the success of the group and when you have that as a coach, you're very fortunate and you don't take it for granted, because that's not the way it is with every group of players, and particularly star players. I was so very fortunate to have teams that had one agenda versus multiple agendas.

I'm fine with the halfway shoulder stripes but the only thing I don't like is the change in the font. Unnecessary. I hope Nike takes over for the NBA after the Adidas contract is up.

So 4 of our 5 players in the starting lineup are married.

Don't know what you expect Nike to do better. The NFL, Olympic, and Soccer jerseys have been nothing but disappointing.

Besides don't even think Adidas designs the jerseys, Knicks do. Adidas just manufactures.

Got good news and bad news

Carmelo Rated Amongst NBA's Most Efficient On Drives, Touches At elbow

The New York Knicks became one of 10 team to purchase a multi-camera system from STATS, LLC that tracks every movement in an NBA game.

Carmelo Anthony was the most efficient player in the NBA of all players who drove the ball at least 40 times in camera-recorded games during the 11-12 season. New York scored 1.66 points per possession on those trips. Anthony shot the ball on 55 percent of those drives and drew fouls on 25 percent of them. Anthony shot just better than 50 percent.

But Anthony drove just 3.1 times per game, equivalent to the same rate as Chandler Parsons and Luol Deng.

Anthony also ranked No. 1 on points per possession on all of his elbow touches. Anthony shot 62 percent on shots taken after an elbow touch

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z253lwtIK0

Shump looks like a moron :smh:

These jerseys are looking like **** :x

$25 for that Gallo is real nice though :smokin Rev 30 jerseys fit like a ******g jersey dress though.

Knicks' authentics are about $105 shipped on NBA store website. They have L-3XL if anyone is interested. I need a M and they're out of that size in both colors unfortunately :smh:

Got good news and bad news

Carmelo Rated Amongst NBA's Most Efficient On Drives, Touches At elbow

The New York Knicks became one of 10 team to purchase a multi-camera system from STATS, LLC that tracks every movement in an NBA game.

Carmelo Anthony was the most efficient player in the NBA of all players who drove the ball at least 40 times in camera-recorded games during the 11-12 season. New York scored 1.66 points per possession on those trips. Anthony shot the ball on 55 percent of those drives and drew fouls on 25 percent of them. Anthony shot just better than 50 percent.

But Anthony drove just 3.1 times per game, equivalent to the same rate as Chandler Parsons and Luol Deng.

Anthony also ranked No. 1 on points per possession on all of his elbow touches. Anthony shot 62 percent on shots taken after an elbow touch

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z253lwtIK0

Teams don't fear our shooters so they can clog the paint. Plus Stat and Chandler there...

Back
Top Bottom