let this thread die (NYK)

I thought I was the only one secretly plotting on bringing Wil back as our 6th man
laugh.gif

The New Jersey Nets are prepared to offer a trade package featuring Brook Lopez and two future first-round picks to acquire Dwight Howard before the Orlando Magic center becomes a free agent in July 2012, according to sources close to the situation.

Despite the Nets' obvious interest, the Lakers and Knicks  continue to be widely presumed to be Howard's preferred destinations. The Los Angeles Clippers are also regarded as a legit contender Howard, despite the franchise's history under owner Donald Sterling, because they'll have cap space and could pair him with rising star Blake Griffin.

In a recent interview with Esquire magazine, Howard said: "There's more you can do in a bigger place. I'm stuck in a tough position because I feel like right now, where I'm at, I've done so much. And I just don't know what else I can do." 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/72971 ... ando-magic

Chris Broussard on ESPN radio now

O god
30t6p3b.gif

355848.png

Please nothing from Broussard in here. Dude is a clown. I'd rather Bucher tell it than him.

These athletes or their agents are dumb for preferring a destination here when they know the money don't work out especially for the max. Reminds me more Dub talking about players who have no intention of coming here using us as leverage
30t6p3b.gif

according to our good friend Mr. Isola the knicks also reached out to other players:

"Knicks reached out to agents for Jeff Foster, Grant Hill, Caron Butler, Kurt Thomas, Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams...just to name a few

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

according to our good friend Mr. Isola the knicks also reached out to other players:

"Knicks reached out to agents for Jeff Foster, Grant Hill, Caron Butler, Kurt Thomas, Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams...just to name a few

Jeff Foster's OK in my book.

With bigs in the free agent market like Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan and Nene out of the question for us because of the high amount of money they'll ask for--what are our other options available? We need help in the middle and Turiaf and STAT isn't going to help us out anymore than they did last year.

[h1]Team-by-team breakdown: New CBA[/h1][h3]How the NBA's new system will impact all 30 teams in 2011-12 season, future seasons[/h3]
By Chad Ford and John Hollinger
ESPN.com

[h4]
NEW YORK KNICKS​
[/h4]
nyk.gif
How it helps: The league didn't get the franchise tag that small-market teams wanted, so Knicks fans can take a major sigh of relief -- New York can still raid the rosters of the poor and get away with it. The new trade and free-agent rules may give Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard pause about leaving, but they're not draconian enough to stop them if they really want to play in New York.

How it hurts: The Knicks used an extend-and-trade to get Carmelo Anthony in the fold. The new CBA severely curtails the ability of teams to do the same in the future. The Knicks used a sign-and-trade to land Amare Stoudemire. Sign-and-trades are also less likely under the new arrangement.

The Knicks will also be affected by the league's new revenue-sharing program. While the details are a little fuzzy, it's clear the Knicks and Lakers will be giving up a significant chunk of their profits to small-market teams.

Immediate impact (this season): The bottom line for the Knicks? They really need to work a deal to get either Howard, Paul or Williams by Dec. 31.

They don't have the cap space to hand out a max contract next summer, so if one of them wants to play in New York, he would have to take a significant pay cut and fewer guaranteed years in free agency. If anything, the urgency to pressure New Orleans, New Jersey or Orlando into a deal now has increased.

Long-term impact (future seasons): If the Knicks land another star, it's going to be much more difficult to add talent around them. And if they become a luxury-tax payer again, the cost of doing business will become much higher. Then again, with ticket prices in New York rising about 49 percent this year, they clearly will have the ability to finance such a team.

Guess it's that simple. Let's hope Jerome Jordan turns out I guess.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Either of these guys coming off the bench for us would be great. Both can play multiple positions, Score and defend. Sign em up.

If we sign Jeff Foster I think it'll be pretty safe to assume Rautins is gone. Can't have two white guys on the same team outside of Boston.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

So it's safe to say Paul will be a Knick next season?

1)Nothing is ever safe with the Knicks, so dont believe it until the deal is done....

2)
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
why do they insist with this clown...

I feel like I'm the only JJ fan in NY. Sure, his butterfingers & offensive ineptitude give me fits, but at the moment, he's the best "defensive" player we got. And you can't fault dude for getting dumped on by opposing C's because _'Antoni has no other choice. IDK, I'd rather not dump him until something better aligns itself within the organization.

laugh.gif
I almost feel sorry for the Nets. Knowing that they'll be in BK soon I wouldn't mind if they had some good players and were at least a decent team but damn it's like they still have no appeal.
The bottom line for the Knicks? They really need to work a deal to get either Howard, Paul or Williams by Dec. 31.
This statement makes it feel impossible that we're getting a 3rd star

heres my trade scenario for cp3
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wqkwtv

heres why it would make sense
knicks get cp3
they need a 3rd star and also a pg so it only makes sense

milwaukee gets chauncey
they get a expiring contract but good player and save on 4 mil because cap jack is a 2 year contract

portland gets fields, ariza
they swap flash for a younger 3 who still has a lot of potential and also get a good kid in landry

hornets get shumpert, douglas, cap. jack, flash
they get value back in return for cp3... they swapped ariza for cap. jack and flash and if they are
not happy with those 2 they can trade them or their contracts expires 2013. and they got replacement
point guards in douglas and shumpert...

pulling out the trade machine already?

tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
... i'll play
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

heres my trade scenario for cp3
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wqkwtv

heres why it would make sense
knicks get cp3
they need a 3rd star and also a pg so it only makes sense

milwaukee gets chauncey
they get a expiring contract but good player and save on 4 mil because cap jack is a 2 year contract

portland gets fields, ariza
they swap flash for a younger 3 who still has a lot of potential and also get a good kid in landry

hornets get shumpert, douglas, cap. jack, flash
they get value back in return for cp3... they swapped ariza for cap. jack and flash and if they are
not happy with those 2 they can trade them or their contracts expires 2013. and they got replacement
point guards in douglas and shumpert...

Ok so we get CP3, now what? We are depleted...
CP3
????
Melo, Shawn
Amare ????
Turiaf ????

IDK how we can work this out but we will have absolutely nothing behind the 3 stars....

^i was just putting the money + talent together... we obviously can't trade chauncey for cp3 straight up... sure it would help our roster but it won't help in negotiating a trade... so yes depleting the roster is the only way possible... and say if we did end up signing cp3 in the summer this same situation would come up... we have amare, melo, balkman, iman and douglas on the roster next year and thats it... but in order to sign cp3 we would have to trade 2 if not all 3 of the latter... so its the same exact situation regardless...

At this point I don't think a 3rd star is coming. We banked on Amar'e/Melo need to focus on making that work. Go get a Center, a Stretch 3/4, a Point Guard after Chauncy is gone next year.

Back
Top Bottom