let this thread die (NYK)

Rayray, I'm sure we can but even with an old pg, the Knicks should be able to win 1 more projected game with Dwight than they do with the current squad..I guess even the ESPN Trade Machine is programmed to be a Knicks hater

I want in on Team Knicks, hook it up.

And since its the season of giving ...

Im gna take every members name on page one and put it in a hat.

The winner will get to choose between:

An Authentic Melo away jersey in a size 48

Or

An authentic Amare home jersey in a size 52.

Both are brand new with tags. They're not rev 30 jerseys, I swapped the names off them.

Im gna do the names tonight and ill do the drawing tomorrow.

Ill either video it or take pics for proof.

Melopalooza 2.0 aka CP3ForAll.

Credit to Alan Hahn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I want in on Team Knicks, hook it up. 

And since its the season of giving ...

Im gna take every members name on page one and put it in a hat.

The winner will get to choose between an authentic Melo away jersey in a size 48

Or

An authentic Amare home jersey in a size 52.

Both are brand new with tags. They're not rev 30 jerseys, I swapped the names off them.

Im gna do the names tonight and ill do the drawing tomorrow. Ill either video it or take pics for proof.
Make sure I'm in there.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

THE news of the labor agreement brought tears to my eyes. I was sitting up watching TV at 3 a.m. Saturday in a recording studio in Atlanta.
The move to New York is all I can think about. I woke up the next morning and had one of the best workouts ever. I was hyperventilating, I was so excited the lockout was over. In fact, I had to take a break between each drill. With an agreement reached, I know this leaves little time for preparation, being on an NBA team that calls for complete efficiency.
I’ve already spoken to a few guys and everyone’s geared up. The best text came from Chauncey Billups. I won’t reveal what he said, but it was motivation enough for my whole career!
The fans can expect 110 percent from me every night. I will play to win all the time and everything else will come.
I’ve considered shutting down the social networking and blogging to get completely focused, even though I love connecting with you fans. I just know in my heart this is the right thing to do, and I want to be ready without excuses.
I flew down last night to IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla., after a full day of packing. I want to get my wind up to be more prepared for training camp. I know for sure Shawne Williams will be in Bradenton, and I plan to get to work out with Amar’e Stoudemire this weekend in Miami.
I also plan to head back home to Oak Park, Ill., Friday night for my jersey being retired at my high school, Oak Park River Forest.
I couldn’t be happier for the Christmas present the NBA is giving me. First, I was drafted by the Knicks three days before my birthday and now they got the agreement done in time for us to have basketball for Christmas.
I’ve never been so happy to miss my family’s Christmas cooking than I was when I heard we’ll be playing Boston at the Garden on that day for the debut.
I was just praying it would be over. And my prayers were answered. See you soon, New York

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/i ... z1f6ubCFUE

Iman Shumpert has definitely made me a fan 

embarassed.gif
smile.gif

Love him.

Watch Shumpert beast and end up getting packaged for Paul. That would be a thin @%@ roster.

While I know it's good to get stars when you can, still would've called Melo's bluff.

signed for 3/65, could've gotten 5/100 this offseason from the Nuggets & the Knicks could've given him 4/78.

2010-2011 NBA season: NTer "hey i don't like the knicks and i hate hearing these melo rumors even though he doesn't want to play anywhere else but NY and wont sign an extension with any other team let me say they have 0 assets so he's going to LA for andrew bynum so he can play with kobe and pau and act like its a done deal followed by posting 
eek.gif
 emoticons because that team would be unbeatable" NTer

2011-2012 NBA season; NTer "hey i dont like the knicks and i hate hearing these chris paul rumors even though he made a toast at melo's wedding that he wants to join him and stat in NY  and bring a title or two to the garden and won't accept a trade or sign and an extension with any other team let's act like playing with carmelo and stat is small potatoes compared to him going to the big bad clippers with blake griffin and dwight howard because its a forgone conclusion thats where dwight will play ball next year because he said so . followed by stating once again this other team would be unbeatable and waaaay better than the knicks and don't forget the inevitable 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 emoticons .

I want Tyson Chandler. We should wait til the off-season for Chris Paul (like we should have with Melo) and get Tyson Chandler NOW. He's probably the most important piece we're missing.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I want Tyson Chandler. We should wait til the off-season for Chris Paul (like we should have with Melo) and get Tyson Chandler NOW. He's probably the most important piece we're missing.

We can't have both.

But Paul could still force his way to New York and grab that five-year, $100 million contract, according to a draft of the league’s new CBA and a few cap experts I consulted. How? The steps:

• Force the Hornets to trade him to the Knicks  without signing a contract extension in the process. This is the tricky part. The Hornets don’t have to trade Paul, and if they decide to, they don’t have to trade him to New York. Other teams have better assets, and Paul will be counting on those teams to bow out of the bidding if they think he will not re-sign there. Does this sound familiar?

• If the Hornets eventually surrender and deal him to New York, Paul’s Larry Bird Rights go with him. He must then become a free agent , either by declining his player option for 2012-13, or accepting that option, playing that season and becoming a free agent in the summer of 2013. By entering free agency as a Knick, Paul would escape the limitations in years and money that would come with engaging in a Melo-style extend-and-trade deal under this new collective bargaining deal.

• The last step is easy: Sign a five-year, $100 million extension with New York. The Knicks would have his Bird Rights, so they could exceed the cap as much as they wish in order to retain Paul.

I didn't brush up on my new CBA, but if he becomes a free agent and we re-sign him, don't we lose the MLE altogether?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

the best case scenario if we dont get cp3 period is to build around amare and melo which is obvious i know... but it would make the most sense and easier to accomplish... ok so the core is there we obviously need a pg and center and a good wing 6th man think crawford or wilson chandler...my ideal plan would be to get chandler i was always big on him as far as good centers in this free agency and get wilson next year along with felton... yep get the old knicks back plus have tyson chandler
pimp.gif
.... here is the big problem with that plan we only got like 5 mil this year which makes it virtually impossible to get a good center this summer like deandre jordan, gasol, chandler, nene or dalembert...if we are to get a center now this is the best time because this free agency has more selection and next year theres only dwight who we wont be able to afford anyway... i kind of think keeping chauncey was a bad decision... we could have used the money on a center instead of him.... hes not even a good trade asset... yes hes expiring but unless we can get something in exchange for him to later use on cp3 hes basically useless...i would have used douglas at the point and had iman come off the bench for pg and use walker to be a reserve 2 
sick.gif
... i know sounds bad but at least we would have a good center by now
I didn't brush up on my new CBA, but if he becomes a free agent and we re-sign him, don't we lose the MLE altogether?

i think if we are still under the luxary tax but over the cap we can still use the MLE... i could be wrong though 
laugh.gif

Yeah, as long as we aren't paying taxes we can use the full MLE. If we're over the luxury tax we get a partial MLE.

Aight, cuz way I understood it in the old CBA, you only get the MLE if you're over the cap right after the season ends, not if you're under and sign free agents.

I don't really see the Chris Paul situation happening. He's not going to pass on money just to play in NY, and I wouldn't blame him for it.

Billups is not a bad starting PG, and I'd like to think he could be a good option to finish his career here the next few years and still play at a decent level. Jason Kidd's 3 years older, and relies more on athleticism than Chauncey does the way they play. I understand it's a 'superstar' league, but with Amare and Melo I don't really think you need a great playmaking PG as much since you have guys that can generate offense in a half court. We need players who actually play defense and rebound. Also, if you consider Billups to just be an expiring contract, the Melo trade really was, Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mosgov, Randolph, 1st rd pick, then we really did get screwed (that's essentially 5-6 first rd picks in their prime for Melo, depending on what u consider Mosgov).

I'm really hoping Shumpert can show that he can be a legit starting player in the NBA, and with Jerome Jordan we could finally have an athletic 7ft center in the middle to rebound and block shots (If d'antoni plays him). Landry Fields to me looks like his ceiling is Matt Barnes, which isn't an insult in any way because he's a decent all-around role player, and he's not that far away from the ceiling right now as it is. Besides his scared play in the playoffs last year, he's looked like he can be a contributor that goes after rebounds and plays defense. Hopefully with more time next to Melo and Amare, we can see what he's worth. If we resign Shawne and Jefferies for minimums, we have a little depth at the 4-5 spot, and we're not looking at an awful team. I don't know if I'd call them contenders, but if they can stay healthy (which was the problem last year) they can at least make a playoff run and we can build the team next offseason to fill in whatever is missing.

When Billups contract ends, CP3 can either take w/e we can offer him, or we just use that money to resign billups + others, or bring felton back + sign others. With a team as thin as ours in terms of depth, CP3 vs. Billups or Felton and 5-10 mil to spend is debatable (assuming billups takes a paycut). My issue with trading for CP3 now is that with what little young talent we have (essentially just Fields, Douglas, Shumpert, and maybe Jordan if he pans out at all), the upgrade of having CP3 vs. Billups, any players we lose in a trade, and a midlevel just doesn't seem worth it to me. Our team would be 3 players and a bunch of minimum contracts. We'd be the Miami Heat 2.0, but with even less role players and depth, at least they have Chalmers and drafted Cole. I definitely think you need 2 go-to options to be a championship team, but I don't think you need 3.

If Billups can still play a few more years, and between Shumpert/Fields/Douglas/Jordan/Harrelson we can get some production and defense, why not use the money we have to build the team going forward than lose pieces again for Chris Paul now and have to build a new team later with no cap room? I'd like to at least see what we can do this year first...

Back
Top Bottom