let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by you go boy

heres my trade scenario for cp3

Ok so we get CP3, now what? We are depleted...
CP3
????
Melo, Shawn
Amare ????
Turiaf ????

IDK how we can work this out but we will have absolutely nothing behind the 3 stars....

ygb=Isaiah?
nerd.gif

Apparently his agent told NO he wants to be traded there.

If I were them I would've laughed in his face then phoned up every losing squad but the Knicks.

You wanna force your way out I'll force you to play in an even worst environment and leave 40 mil on the table.

^But how many teams are gonna trade assets knowing CP3 won't resign with them? how many losing squads are willing to do that. With CP3 it's even more clearer and dire that if he doesn't force a trade to the team he wants he's going to lose money regardless.

If NO tries that it could backfire on them just as much as it would for CP3.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

If I were them I would've laughed in his face then phoned up every losing squad but the Knicks.

You wanna force your way out I'll force you to play in an even worst environment and leave 40 mil on the table.
Enjoying being first round fodder, the new 76ers for the next decade buddy

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Enjoying being first round fodder, the new 76ers for the next decade buddy

Who the Knicks? Sounds About Right To Me.
pimp.gif

Don't worry I'm sure Keith Bogans will develop into that #2 scoring option we always knew he could be. Or maybe you can finagle Rip Hamilton's corpse, real power moves happening in Chicago.

It's either someone gives up a few picks to rent him or send him to us for any package not including the big two lulz. Sucks to be the hornets

This trade request is kind of pointless to me. The Knicks have nothing of value to offer N.O., I can't see them taking scraps just to say they've got something in return for Paul.

If you want to be on the team bad enough then take a paycut next year, because I don't see how this happens this season.

Am I the only one here who wants Dwight over CP3??

I dont see us winning the finals with no center

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This trade request is kind of pointless to me. The Knicks have nothing of value to offer N.O., I can't see them taking scraps just to say they've got something in return for Paul.

If you want to be on the team bad enough then take a paycut next year, because I don't see how this happens this season.
Yeah, I mean..you hold onto him for a year instead of taking back, what..Landry and TD? 
laugh.gif
...hey, if they're willing, great. But I don't see how we land him in-season. 

We have nothing to offer for CP3 right now... just wait and year and sign him free and clear... can't lose Fields/Toney/ or Shumpert (especially since I think Shumpert is the next Tony Allen type defender)

Anyway you guys could get a third team involved?

I know in our situation (just rumors of course), they are saying the bucks could get involved with bogut going to the Magic, Drew going to the Bucks and the Lakers getting D12 with some other name involved of course but those are the main cogs in the deal.

[h3]
[h3]Sources: Hornets Hold Paul Trade Talks With Clippers, Celtics, Knicks[/h3]
Dec 01, 2011 1:05 AM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_111130.jpg

While the Hornets still hope to sign Chris Paul to a long-term extension, they have had trade discussions with several teams, including the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics and New York Knicks, sources said.

If Paul is successful in getting an extend-and-trade deal, he would only be permitted to sign a one-year extension as opposed to the three-year extension signed by Carmelo Anthony last February.

If Paul tests free agency, he would stand to lose up to $26 million if he turned down the Hornets’ maximum five-year, $100 million offer. The most Paul could earn from another team is a four-year, $74 million contract.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ks_With_Clippers_Celtics_Knicks#ixzz1fJr3JIeg
[/h3]

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

With bigs in the free agent market like Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan and Nene out of the question for us because of the high amount of money they'll ask for--what are our other options available? We need help in the middle and Turiaf and STAT isn't going to help us out anymore than they did last year.

Whats good yall, kinda been ghosting on here but yall know im still up on my shot all nyk all the time...

idk if any of yall read this but i wrote this last year right around when te playoffs ended before the lockout and %%*% aboutnpossible moved this summer, figured if repost it and see what all think about guys i think it might be smart to take a look at...
Originally Posted by THE GR8

waddup yall, with the uncertainty of the new CBA and with the tragic early playoff exit to the Celtics i found myself weighing in some of our options in free agency. while some are more realistic than others, imo there are a couple of options available with the MLE even though, yeah, were probably not gonna end up with guys like Marc Gasol/Tyson Chandler. I think we can get some valuable assets especially considering the chance players will have to get minutes considering we are not deep whatsoever, but still have the chance to win because we have Melo/Amare.

Most teams that can offer some of these middle of the pack guys big minutes are only teams that do not have the talent to win. We have the recruiting advantage of offering both minutes/winning. also the opportunity to play in NY/MSG is always a factor for many players.

I consider our 2 biggest needs to be obviously a legit 7 foot center, who is defensive minded and preferably athletic (even front court defensive depth in general) and some extra scoring options/shooters on the wing to help spread the floor for Stat/Melo. We also still need a PG moving forward but there is no way we will be able to adress that in free agency this summer with only the MLE to work with. For me i would give out the full MLE to either (players that are at least somewhat reasonable)…

Nene (i highly doubt he opts out and if he does i doubt he would sign within the MLE, but with all things considered hes probably the #1 at least somewhat realistic player id want to sign this summer)

Deandre Jordan (hes restricted so its also unlikely but i would definitley throw him the full MLE for the max 5 years. I prefer him over any other center considering our team/style of play considering he doesnt need the ball but is very youg and he is a beast when it comes to blockig shots/getti boards and he also rins the floor well so he can score on putpacks/dunks which is why i think hed be a perfect center for us moving forward so we cam break bank on a distribitor like cp3. However as i said i expect the clips to match any offer for him but i think that although its unlikely we sign him we should at least bust our $@! off trying and offer him everything that we possibly could offer. who knows? no harm in trying. when he fell to the 2nd round in that draft, i remember so well being at that draft and saying over and over again to my boys that we should buy a 2nd rounder like we easily could have done and taken him }:

Tyson Chandler (will probably resign with Dallas but we should still make a run at him and give him the full MLE. id potentially give him 4-5 years also if it were the only way we would get him)

Greg Oden (this is an interesting one because hes restricted and i doubt Portland doesnt match anything within the MLE considering all they invested in him. but hes had injury concerns and i feel like if we handed out the full MLE over the 5 year max, Portland would at least have to sleep on that considering his injuries. and for us, i would be willing to take the risk considering the limited options when it comes to legit 7 footers and our desperate need for one as well as his potential which can still be there. best possible scenario if we get him is that he comes out of his shell and becomes an all-star caliber talent. worst scenario is he gets hurt and were still paying him for 5 seasons. more likely/positive scenario is that he proves to be exactly what we need in a starting center next to amare/melo and can stay healthy for the most part and do work when it comes to defense, shot blocking, and rebounding, giving us something in the area of 10+ rpg and 2+ bpg. Either way i would take the chance on Oden for any price within the MLE over any number of years considering hes a center and this guy was touted as the next david robinson a few years back. the MLE could be a steal if we utilize him right and he stays healthy. and if not at least we could drive Portland up and make them take on the risk). They also just fired their GM and who knows? their new guy may not be high on committing to Oden for 5 years, considering he never drafted him.

Marc Gasol (hes restricted and is probably the most locked down player i have named to stay on his team considering the mutual love, but obviously you take the chance)

Wilson Chandler (very intriguing and also the most possible player i have named thus far imo. Having Will back here would be great as a 6th man who can split time with Fields at the 2 and provide some help for Amare/Melo, as he was killing it here this season. during that 13 game winning streak he was our MVP imo after Amare with his Shawne Marion esque play at the 4. he is restricted so we have to outmatch Denver as well as other teams. But if we give him the full MLE over the max 5 seasons, which i would do in a heartbeat for Will, im not sure Denver would match considering he plays Gallo’s position, and because they may have to spend big money this summer to keep other guys like Nene, JR Smith, K-Mart, Afflalo, etc. The next question is if Will leaves Denver would he take the MLE? I dont know if he would in most places but Will outspokenly loved playing with the Knicks and the financial security of a 5 year deal could be the deciding factor in him taking the MLE with us, plus he would have a nice role here as the 3rd scoring option to 2 superstars. I dont know how many teams/if any are prepared to give Will more than the MLE but i feel like if we give him that full MLE over 5 year contract, he could definitley agree and Denver may not match. This is probably my favorite more possible option)

Jamal Crawford (would not give him the full 5 years considering his age, but i would definitley pay the max MLE to get Mal back here as 6th man. He was great at that role in Atlanta, hes instant offense, hes clutch, and hes a professional/good locker room presence. similar to Chandler i feel like he would give the Knicks some sort of hometown discount considering the love he still has in NY and how much he enjoyed playing here along with the oppurtunity to contribute as a #3 scoring option on a winning team. I dont know how many teams if any will give him more than the MLE but i could see him taking our offer to come play here again)

J.R. Smith (another player who would be great as a 6th man scorer considering his shooting touch and athleticism. Like Will and Crawford im not sure if he would take a MLE contract but like the other 2 i would still go after him because if he does take a MLE contract, similar to crawford and chandler, i can almost guarantee we would be #1 on his list considering that hes from the area, the opportunity to be a 3rd option on a winning team, and hes boys with Melo/Chauncey who can do some recruiting)

Carl Landry (really good player and he plays hard. i love his game and he could be what we need for some much needed big man depth coming off the bench. hes not a center or a scorer, and he wouldnt start like Nene would if we can miraculously get him,  so i would go after the aforementioned players first. but if everything else falls through i would probably hand out the full MLE to Carl)

if these guys all fall through some players i like within the MLE but not at the maximum amount are…

Leon Powe (it seems as if hes definitely fell off over the past few seasons, but hes big and hes athletic, and he was a great contributor/role player off the bench when he played in Boston and that is what we need. i feel like coming here and getting minutes off the bench and maybe even starting at center on a winning team could be what he needs to reignite his carreer. He would probably come relatively cheap also considering his fall off)

Chuck Hayes (another hard working/defensive minded big man who could potentially even start at center for us. Hes only 6’6 but he is a rebounding machine/work horse and has been starting at center in Houston since Yao’s absence. I would take a good look at him)

Shane Battier (getting old but is the perfect glue guy for any winning team. also brings shooting, defense, and intangibles off the bench)

Joel Pryzabilla (should definitley be changing scenary considering he has barely played in Charlotte. i definitley do not think he is full MLE worthy like some other centers and he has not played much over the past few seasons, but he was a solid starter in Portland for a few years when Oden would go down, and hes a legit 7 footer. Hes getting up there in age but he could be a great option to fall back on imo)

Jeff Foster (Hes 34 years old and has been a Pacer his entire carreer so i dont know if he would leave now, but he would come pretty cheap and we could potentially persuade him on the oppurtunity to lag big minutes and even start a little at center to try and have a good year or 2 more on a winning team before he retires. Hes a legit 7 footer, and a great rebounder, particualrly an offensive rebounder and hustle player so id at least look into it even if it is just for extra front court depth)

Kenyon Martin (imo a great option for front court depth. hes a veteran who is gonna want to win and contribute as a role player late in his carreer as hes been doing in Denver but i could see us prying him from them considering that we have 2 of his ex-teammates, probably more of a championship window, and he knows the area playing and winning in new jersey)

Reggie Evans (been high on getting him since we have had Amare. i think if we get Faried in the draft getting Evans becomes essentially pointless because Faried pretty much handles everything that Evans brings and he is younger/better/more athletic, so i would spend what $ we have elsewhere. but if we dont get a guy like Faried in the draft, im all for getting a dirty $%#*#$% player like Evans to come off the bench and bring some grit/tenacity, and do all the little dirty work #$+$ that Amare wont do and he is one of the best rebounders in the NBA per minute)

Daequan Cook (restricted and i bet that OKC would match any offer we give him, but if we dont get any of the other swingmen i mentioned Cook would be a great option here. We could use a shooter like him to come off the bench)

Spencer Hawes (hes restricted and i know that Philly has not been too happy with him so i think we have the best chance of signing him out of all the 7 footers i have mentioned. Hes fallen a few steps back but he is a legit 7 footer and he still has good potential imo, getting minutes here could restart him like i said with a few other players. if we cant get one of those other centers i would look into Hawes)

Theo Ratliff (vets minimum? i dont know much about what hes up to now, didnt even know he was still in the L to be honest, but i peeped that hes on the Lakers and an unrestricted free agent this summer so i figured id throw him in the list since hed probably only cost us the vets minimum and dude was a shot blocking BEAST back in his hey day, which is what we are looking for, so i figured he could potentially make some impact giving us more depth off the bench from our front court. and a guy who could potentially guard some of these bigger true center that Stat struggles with, and play help side defense when someone gets beat cause lord knows thats not Amares specialty and block some shots for us that is if he can still jump

Kurt Thomas (I actually really like the idea of getting Kurt over here to finish out his career for the vets minimum, and im sure he would like that also considering he is one of the most popular knicks players of the last decade and he would have the oppurtunity to contribute solid minutes off the bench and help his longest tenured NBA team make some noise in the playoffs which would only add to his legacy in NY. I do not see us spending any more than the vets minimum to get him, but if we are still looking for front court depth and he have used up all our MLE $ i think that Kurt is the best way to go. He gives us front court depth which we could never have too much of especially with Stat’s injury history, he is a beloved Knick, a great locker room presence/team leader, and i honestly do think he would be a great contributor especially come playoff time with 10-15 minutes per game. hes not afraid to bang down low and defend/play help defense although hes not a shot blocking presence at all, hes still a great rebounder, and you cant lose that touch from mid range. i could see teams sleeping on him late in games down the stretch or in the playoffs and leave him with some open shots from the top of the key which he would drain. i would seriously explore that possibility assuming he doesnt retire/resign in Chicago)

Samuel Dalembert (for the record i am not interested in getting Dalembert especially because he should cost us at least 3-4 mil which i believe is money MUCH better spent elsewhere, but i figured i should list him for discussion purposes)

those are the players i think we should explore this summer and i think many are actually very realistic options. if we can snag a few players off this list and utilize that #17 pick well we could get alot of pieces that were missing from our team this past season post Melo trade like frontcourt depth and extra scoring options. I think if Donnie spends/drafts wisely this summer we could be looking at a 50 win team next season once Melo/Stoudemire learn to coexist and play to each others strengths..

Obviously alot has changed since i wrote that and a few players on that list are extremely unlikely (nene, gasol, jordan, etc) and a few will be in china (will, jr, kenyon, denver nuggets) but there are still players we shouldnlook at imo that can opeove this team to that next level for next season

Obviously we have to be financially conscious and keep giys like cp3 in mind for next summer but if we cant pu off a deandre jordan right now i think itd be extremely wise to look at cheap role players this summer like reggie evans who could be like a poor mans oakley to amare, or possibly dequan cook who along with chauncey and maybe rautins even if he decvelops can spread te floor and hit from deep when defense are focused on out big 2. Centers like hawes and dapembert amongst others may also be a good look for the right price.

greg oden imo intrigues me the most because while alot of u may cross him out he can be a really low risk high reward player for a position we despereately need. Im sure he wont ask for that much money given his history along with te oppurtunity to play in my with stat/melo and possibly cp3, and if he can stay healthy and even give us around 10 rpg and 2+ blocks, boom, thats our center of the future right there without going deep into our pockets. However deandre jordan remains my #1 favorite if we could steal him away.

Lastly we are $%!$+!# fools if wenlet kurt thomas get away from us. He would take the vets minimum at this point in his career and there is nobody better we can ask for for a veteran big man who gives us some more depth in the frontcourt (can never have too much of that) He can give us a solid 10-15 mins off the bench, not too mention he can step in as an immediate locker room leader with an already established fan base from us knicks fans and most importantly he is a tough competitor who is an excellent post defender/rebounder and does not misss mid range jumpers which he will be sure to get with defenses focuses on amare down low... THAT is a no-brainer for me

Sorry for the rant but i havent posted in awhile, other than free agents we should make sure shawne willis doesnt get away fr usAnd as much as yall hate thean same thing with jared jeffries. His contract is doe so he wont be making 6 mil a season, and he actually does bring alot to the table in terms of size, defensive ability (dude like led the ucking league in drawing charges), and versatility all of which are needs. Now is mot the time to be salty isiah thomas gave the man $30 mil, lets bring him back (for substantially less $ obviously) and let him do what he does.

Anyway, excited to see jerome jordan if he can turn into a deandre jordan type and even start by next season thats all we need a center do and we can use all our cash next summer for cp3, should be imteresting either way ive never been more hype for a knicks season in my entire life and i say that confidently. Lets try to at least take te atlantic this year, honestly i think we could than well move on from there depending on how we look...

Oh yeah, bringing back ill will next summer for our long term 6th man next summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
or jr smith

THE news of the labor agreement brought tears to my eyes. I was sitting up watching TV at 3 a.m. Saturday in a recording studio in Atlanta.
The move to New York is all I can think about. I woke up the next morning and had one of the best workouts ever. I was hyperventilating, I was so excited the lockout was over. In fact, I had to take a break between each drill. With an agreement reached, I know this leaves little time for preparation, being on an NBA team that calls for complete efficiency.
I’ve already spoken to a few guys and everyone’s geared up. The best text came from Chauncey Billups. I won’t reveal what he said, but it was motivation enough for my whole career!
The fans can expect 110 percent from me every night. I will play to win all the time and everything else will come.
I’ve considered shutting down the social networking and blogging to get completely focused, even though I love connecting with you fans. I just know in my heart this is the right thing to do, and I want to be ready without excuses.
I flew down last night to IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla., after a full day of packing. I want to get my wind up to be more prepared for training camp. I know for sure Shawne Williams will be in Bradenton, and I plan to get to work out with Amar’e Stoudemire this weekend in Miami.
I also plan to head back home to Oak Park, Ill., Friday night for my jersey being retired at my high school, Oak Park River Forest.
I couldn’t be happier for the Christmas present the NBA is giving me. First, I was drafted by the Knicks three days before my birthday and now they got the agreement done in time for us to have basketball for Christmas.
I’ve never been so happy to miss my family’s Christmas cooking than I was when I heard we’ll be playing Boston at the Garden on that day for the debut.
I was just praying it would be over. And my prayers were answered. See you soon, New York

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/i ... z1f6ubCFUE

Iman Shumpert has definitely made me a fan

Tupac, that's probably the best trade idea I've ever heard for D12 (so far)..Each team gets a good piece out of the situation and stays at least somewhat competitive. But idk if the Magic would be willing to get Bogut rather than Bynum..The only way I see them taking Bogut instead of Bynum is if the Lakers throw in Odom, which I think they should in a heartbeat. Dwight>Bynum+Odom.

Back to the Knicks though, I agree it's damn near impossible for the Knicks to pull off a trade for CP3 but it wouldn't hurt to try. The biggest problem is the Knicks gave up damn near every draft pick they have for the next few years. If Shumpert and Jordan prove to be effective players that can contribute to a team, then they might be able to package those 2 with Billups expiring contract, but then we're stuck with a small roster with only a little amount of cap space left.

And the worst part is the Knicks can't restructure Melo or Amare's contract to give them less money so that's not an option. But I won't give up on the possibility of CP3 until he's on another team besides the Knicks.

UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
Tupac, that's probably the best trade idea I've ever heard for D12 (so far)..Each team gets a good piece out of the situation and stays at least somewhat competitive. But idk if the Magic would be willing to get Bogut rather than Bynum..The only way I see them taking Bogut instead of Bynum is if the Lakers throw in Odom, which I think they should in a heartbeat. Dwight>Bynum+Odom.

Back to the Knicks though, I agree it's damn near impossible for the Knicks to pull off a trade for CP3 but it wouldn't hurt to try. The biggest problem is the Knicks gave up damn near every draft pick they have for the next few years. If Shumpert and Jordan prove to be effective players that can contribute to a team, then they might be able to package those 2 with Billups expiring contract, but then we're stuck with a small roster with only a little amount of cap space left.

And the worst part is the Knicks can't restructure Melo or Amare's contract to give them less money so that's not an option. But I won't give up on the possibility of CP3 until he's on another team besides the Knicks.

With CP3 wanting this I don't see how its impossible. Hell NO should fold as a franchise anyway. I think CP3 in NY is a good look. Anytime NY and LA are both major players in any sport its a good look for that sport. NY LA battles are already epic but could you imagine

CP3
STAT
MELO

VS

Kobe
D-12
Gasol

pimp.gif

Oh and word is the Magic actually WANT Bogut over Bynum...having watched Bynum up close and personal for his whole career...I understand. LOL

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

The Knicks need to get this one done!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lp2k32

Wait, what?
laugh.gif
I know we'd have to use old %%# Anthony Carter as our PG if this trade happened but how does adding Anderson and Dwight to Amar'e and Melo give us 1 more win on the season but Toney Douglass, Billups, and Landry gives the Blazers 7 more wins even though they lose Gerald Wallace? Trade machine is bogus

Back
Top Bottom