let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Hey, guys.

Getting used to being a frequent visitor?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

But Paul could still force his way to New York and grab that five-year, $100 million contract, according to a draft of the league’s new CBA and a few cap experts I consulted. How? The steps:

• Force the Hornets to trade him to the Knicks  without signing a contract extension in the process. This is the tricky part. The Hornets don’t have to trade Paul, and if they decide to, they don’t have to trade him to New York. Other teams have better assets, and Paul will be counting on those teams to bow out of the bidding if they think he will not re-sign there. Does this sound familiar?

• If the Hornets eventually surrender and deal him to New York, Paul’s Larry Bird Rights go with him. He must then become a free agent , either by declining his player option for 2012-13, or accepting that option, playing that season and becoming a free agent in the summer of 2013. By entering free agency as a Knick, Paul would escape the limitations in years and money that would come with engaging in a Melo-style extend-and-trade deal under this new collective bargaining deal.

• The last step is easy: Sign a five-year, $100 million extension with New York. The Knicks would have his Bird Rights, so they could exceed the cap as much as they wish in order to retain Paul.

Damn this is a loophole
laugh.gif
Guess we gotta hope Fields and Shump come out looking like 10x better than anybody think they would to use as trade value.

A lot of Knicks fans would rather Dwight over CP3 bc he immediately gives us 2 things this team lacks: rebounding and interior defense. There's 2 problems with going after Dwight tho. #1, he has a bigger ego than CP3. Chris has always been a humble guy that avoids the spotlight, but Dwight is that guy that likes being on tv n all that. Cp just wants to win and that's why he wants NY. Because he thinks he can help the Knicks win a ring, not because he wants to be in a bigger city. Problem #2 is, Dwight and his agent have never stated that Dwight wants to play in NYC. Everyone knows he'd prefer a bigger city than Orlando but he hasn't said which team in particular. So for the Knicks to go after Dwight not knowing if he'd stay in NYC for long would be a risk. As much as I love STAT, I'd trade him for Dwight in a heartbeat. He can score as often as STAT and he's a better rebounder n defender.

Defensively, I just finished thinking about it. Offensively...I'm not sure. Defense wins championships, but these guys have to want to play together. Personality-wise, Dwight wants to be the first name called. I don't think CP3 especially cares. It's close, and every time I think about it, I think...well we might as well just get rid of Amar'e and get both of them.

I think I having a center in this conference would do more for you than having a point guard, but I just spent the last 2 years underestimating CP3, because he was hurt...then that Laker-Hornets series happened. If he's clear and healthy now, that ain't anybody. You try at both, you might end up getting neither. I'd go for CP3.

edit: *sees upptempo's post is just about the same*
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
don't worry about it. I'm always typing up stuff that gets posted a minute too late. I agree that CP3 is not your everyday all star point guard. He's a once in a decade Point Guard. The thing with CP is that it would be tough convincing the Hornets to give him up for some rookies n 2nd year guys. But I don't think the Magic would be too upset losing their best player if they get a guy that can put bodies in seats. Let's say the Knicks give up Stoudemire n Fields for Dwight n Hedo. The Magic get a guy that will attract fans n a young player that has a bright future, and the Knicks get defense, rebounding, and a great interior defender. With Melo on the perimeter, the Knicks would be better off than they are now. But like I said, nobody knows if D12 is interested in the Knicks

I agree with the both of you.. I think somehow CP3 falls into our lap.. and with D12 it will be some sort of Lebron sweepstakes for a guy that seems immature still.. not that it affects his abilities on the court but in NY everythig seems to be blown up with a magnifying glass.. if we can get CP3 and a more standard Center that actually can rebound and get dirty down low.. ill be content. Like stated, I don't even know where the D12 speculation comes from bc I thought Dwight doesn't like NY bc its cold
laugh.gif

Yea, I just feel like putting Dwight's name out there is poison in itself. CP3's got plenty of places the Hornets would happily trade him to and that he could make playoff runs with, but he's the one steering it towards us. Hell you don't remember how hard the media tried to convince us that Melo was going to the Nets? The Nets. The Brooklyn New Yorkers.
indifferent.gif
I'd rather have Chris, Melo, Amar'e and whatever we can find than Melo, Dwight and the Turk. There's no way we could get the both of them and worse, going after Dwight might have us praying for Tyson Chandler and giving Chompsy a little extension, because no one came.

It's all in CP3's hands, I wouldn't wanna get greedy and change the deal now.

best scenario i'd like to see is the Knicks sign Chris Paul in free agency, but do a sign and trade with Orlando for Dwight/Anderson with Amar'e/Fields.  Gives us 2 bigs, Anderson would be good at spreading the floor.  Melo, CP and Amar'e still doesn't give us rebounding or any defense up front.    

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

who else am i missing from the list that requested to be on it?

Right here..I'm fan #52, just switch the names.
And I would trade Amare for Dwight before Melo for Dwight...if we were to have a trio, the best one would be CP3/Melo/Dwight, but that's definitely not going to happen. And I really doubt Dwight and Amare can play together, so the next best combo would be CP3/Melo/Amare.

You can't have both Amare and Dwight clogging up the paint, its either Stat or Dwight.

Since when does Amare stay put or clog the paint like Dwight does? Besides, you don't think he'd adjust? I'd have more faith in Amare/Dwight putting it together than CP3/Melo putting their games together. Some folks make it sound like Amare is all of a sudden expendable now that there's a slight chance at CP3 or Dwight. Like he wasn't nearly single handedly carrying them to W's before Melo showed up.

At the very least, CP3 and Melo can create for others. I don't want a team where the only person who can create his own shot is our PG...Amare has improved as a passer over the years, Dwight's not great at it. I just don't see them working together. Amare might not clog the paint, but Dwight will. I don't want to reduce Amare to simply being a spot up big man either.
In my opinion, the best way to win is to have a perimeter guy who can takeover and a big man who can score. We already have two of those. Let's get a PG who can get easy shots for the role players and make @%@ easier for Amare instead. 

Exactly, Dwight and Amare don't have games that would compliment each other, you want perimeter guys if you have a guy like Dwight down on the block, and Amare's effectiveness would be reduced significantly.

You take Dwight over Amare any day if that's something Orlando even considers, keep Melo and and try to get CP3 to create for the team.

This is assuming of course Dwight even wants to come here or if that is even possible.....but I am mainly focused on the Knicks getting CP in the off-season.

I suppose.

I just don't have the faith in Melo to be the creator or not be the offensive black hole. Guess we'll see.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I suppose.

I just don't have the faith in Melo to be the creator or not be the offensive black hole. Guess we'll see.
In all honesty, while Melo does have his moments (like all high scoring offensive players), he has always been a willing passer. I truly believe this whole "Melo doesn't pass" thing to be the biggest misconception of his career. The playmaking ability was always there. 

Knick fans are willing to trade Melo for D12 only to have Amare and D12?
roll.gif

I'de sure as hell welcome that trade.

if the knicks know paul want to go to ny just take the chance of finishing the season and sign dude in the offseason. trading more pieces would blow

Back
Top Bottom