let this thread die (NYK)

It's been beat to death but an actual playmaker/facilitator would make life so much easier for everyone...Melo, the bigs, D'Antoni, etc.

And John Wall is my guy but son gotta slow all the way down out there...%**+% be going 120 MPH every time he touches the ball. He'll adjust w/ experience...

Originally Posted by nightruans

what does the plus and minus mean?

the total of what happened to the score while you were in the game

sometimes it's iffy, cuz if Melo drops 20 in a row and other people get stops while you're in, suddenly you're +20 for not much, but it does a good job explaining whether you helped or hurt your team.

Hope Melo's okay.
frown.gif

Bibby? Hopped out the casket bastard, reincarnated?

New rotation from now on:
Shump/Bibby
Fields/Walker
Melo/Balkman
Stat/Josh/Novak
Tyson

I don't care if it was against a team with no wins. WE DO NOT NEED TONEY DOUGLAS.

If anything we saw what a competent player in the pg position can do for this team's offense. Somebody knows where he's suppose to be and can tell someone else where to go when plays are called. I was happy when Shump needed rest and TD's defense got exposed by Wall. Son is a bum. This win says a lot about our "supporting" cast like I said though. We can be a good team and at the least bearable to watch with someone running the offense right but with these players on the roster defense will never be great and the offense will usually be coming from 2 guys and what shots they cause for others.

Bill Walker and Landry Fields should get the same amount of minutes with Walker playing down the stretch .

Originally Posted by DubA169

Glad we won but if we lost I wonder if dantoni woulda been gone
No man D'Antoni is not going anywhere this season unless the team is wayyyy under .500 and has horribly underachieved by the All-Star break.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Bibby? Hopped out the casket bastard, reincarnated?

New rotation from now on:
Shump/Bibby
Fields/Walker
Melo/Balkman
Stat/Josh/Novak
Tyson

I don't care if it was against a team with no wins. WE DO NOT NEED TONEY DOUGLAS.

If anything we saw what a competent player in the pg position can do for this team's offense. Somebody knows where he's suppose to be and can tell someone else where to go when plays are called. I was happy when Shump needed rest and TD's defense got exposed by Wall. Son is a bum. This win says a lot about our "supporting" cast like I said though. We can be a good team and at the least bearable to watch with someone running the offense right but with these players on the roster defense will never be great and the offense will usually be coming from 2 guys and what shots they cause for others.
I understand everyone is high on Shump and down on Douglas but to take Douglas completely out of the rotation is a bit much. Dude is a good offensive spark off the bench and can fit that role. He just isn't a starting PG but he will not hurt this team coming off the bench and he is a nice piece as a bench role player.

I think we should start Bibby at the 1 and Shumpert at the 2.

Let Fields and TD try to get back into a comfort zone coming off of the bench and helping with hustle and timely plays instead of trying to play such a big role.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see the need to completely banish Douglas to the end of the bench. He's a very easy target for fans to pile on but he's not the 100% sole reason for this team's struggles.

He can still have a role on this team, but if the coach and staff completely give up on him, you have a player wasted... and on this team I'll take anything. Bibby played well but when he shoots 1-8 next game and gets cooked by the opposing guard, we'll see how quick people turn on him.

I highly doubt he's completely lost the ability to shoot the 3 and play good defense. He makes a lot of dumb mistakes on defense, but he's got the skill. Reduce his minutes, but without Davis healthy we'll still need him because Bibby as the only backup is an awful idea.

Douglas should be our 6th man . He thrived in that roll behind Billups and Doo Doo. Once Dantoni realizes that and stops trying to make him a PG he will play way better

TD plays good defense and has skill?

Hes a streaky shooter that can be used in specific situations...thats it IMO.

Hes a defensive liability on the perimeter and totally ruins our flow on the offense...but he can shoot when he has no other responsibilities.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Douglas should be our 6th man . He thrived in that roll behind Billups and Doo Doo. Once Dantoni realizes that and stops trying to make him a PG he will play way better

True.

Big J and FlatbushFiyah nailed it.

You don't give up a on a player like TD cause he was being misused. When he gets back into that rythm as a scoring spark off the bench you will see what he's supposed to be doing for us.

And soon as Diddy comes back we send Fields to the bench, although he looks like he could play well with Shump.

Jared Jeffries coming back will be big too.

I have no misconceptions of Bibby. He's an old man that doesn't play defense and hasn't been doing the main thing he's been good for lately and I'm not changing my mind off of one good game where he made like 5 shots in the game but as far as pgs go I'd take him over TD. At the very least he was a pg that was able to command an offense.

Pringles was just going with who worked when he benched TD and put in Bibby. I just feel outside of a game or two where TD drops a bunch of 3s we'll see a lot more games of him being worthless like in this game. I don't really want him banished, I want him off the team. I'm sure we could get something for him.

If we want a guy for 3s we should just make sure Novak gets off 5-7 shots off a game.

On another note, I like how Baron was teaching on the defensive end after the last shot of the game.

NYPost_Berman Marc Berman

Anthony injury is actually lower sore back, Knick official said. Not a groin. Said he'll play.

Melo is injured because he's carrying this team on his back

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see the need to completely banish Douglas to the end of the bench. He's a very easy target for fans to pile on but he's not the 100% sole reason for this team's struggles.

He can still have a role on this team, but if the coach and staff completely give up on him, you have a player wasted... and on this team I'll take anything. Bibby played well but when he shoots 1-8 next game and gets cooked by the opposing guard, we'll see how quick people turn on him.

I highly doubt he's completely lost the ability to shoot the 3 and play good defense. He makes a lot of dumb mistakes on defense, but he's got the skill. Reduce his minutes, but without Davis healthy we'll still need him because Bibby as the only backup is an awful idea.
Agreed and great post! There are too many Knicks fans overreacting regarding this situation. Bibby and Douglas are good role bench players. It is what is is and when BDiddy starts to play they will slide into their roles and be effective there.

Shawne Williams

7 Games Averaging:

15 mpg

2.6 ppg

2.6 rpg

.1 apg

0.0 spg/bpg

25% fg

.118% 3pt

Shoulda taken that 2.5 bruh.  Your not even starting like you were supposed too. haha.

Some dude just posted this on RealGM , Williams is a damn fool 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom