let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Big J 33

A few Knicks fans would do that.

Large fan base = a lot of opinions.
Yes.

Originally Posted by lildisciple111

if the knicks know paul want to go to ny just take the chance of finishing the season and sign dude in the offseason. trading more pieces would blow
Yes.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Its a short season, they should just wait.
& Yes.

Reading all the ppl against the idea of CP coming here in the other threads I just hope Mike Woodson turns out to be a defensive guru and turns this team around somewhat, specifically our 2 stars.

Just so I can see the next thing ppl say we don't have or are horrible at.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Yes.

if the knicks know paul want to go to ny just take the chance of finishing the season and sign dude in the offseason. trading more pieces would blow
Yes.

& Yes.
Pretty much all of this. They need to just focus on getting a center for this season; someone like Dalembert could make all the difference. Chris Paul can wait til next season, besides the Knicks don't have much to offer so it doen't make much sense. 

Does it really make much of a difference? The pieces that it would take to sign Paul would be gone next year because Paul would take up so much of their cap-space. They'd have the bird rights of those old players, right? But then wouldn't they have to compromise those bird rights to sign Paul in the first place?

"He has not asked for a trade to the Knicks because he knows the Knicks don't have anything to offer," the source said. "He wouldn't insult the Hornets by doing that."

http://espn.go.com/new-yo...knicks-lack-trade-assets

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Yes.

Yes.

& Yes.
Pretty much all of this. They need to just focus on getting a center for this season; someone like Dalembert could make all the difference. Chris Paul can wait til next season, besides the Knicks don't have much to offer so it doen't make much sense. 

LOL. They should wait & try to get a big man. Given they're history, are the Knicks smart enough to sit & wait until after the season?
roll.gif

JA you scared or something?

if CP isnt coming to new york why are you still trying to convince people?

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'm just trying to see why so many people not only think the Knicks are capable of pulling this deal, but confident about it too. It makes more sense to build around Amare or Melo instead of handicapping your franchise by having a third max player on your books. I ain't seen one person yet come up with something that would make sense trying to fill in that roster.

I'm obviously not "scared," because I like the fit better in LA, but that's obvious a huge blow to the West and trying to compete out there.

a defensive&rebounding center would have a greater and more immediate impact on the Knicks right now.
Knicks need a center, not another scorer. CP aint going to rebound for us.

the good thing is if we dont get CP i wont even be that pissed off. we would still have room to do something great

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

who else am i missing from the list that requested to be on it?

That would be me sir

I cant believe people are discussing the possibility of trading STAT for Howard. Heck no!

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'm just trying to see why so many people not only think the Knicks are capable of pulling this deal, but confident about it too. It makes more sense to build around Amare or Melo instead of handicapping your franchise by having a third max player on your books. I ain't seen one person yet come up with something that would make sense trying to fill in that roster.

I'm obviously not "scared," because I like the fit better in LA, but that's obvious a huge blow to the West and trying to compete out there.
Going to where CP comes here through a trade (lets just say NO ends up being forced to do it and going by that loophole where he signs for a year and we then resign him after his option since we'll have his bird rights for the money possible) we can still go over the cap to fill out our roster right? So go out and see who wants to be here for cheap/vet min and specifically look for defensive players and with w/e picks we have draft defensive minded players. All we would need is a c and a sg that can play defense and then get some rebounders and some guys who can spread the floor. Now I'm not saying that's a recipe for yearly championship contender but getting guys here cheap and just telling them to defend and rebound wouldn't be hard to do. We'd just go from there and put it on the backs of the 3 stars to get us where we want to be.

EDIT

On the real they just need to contract the Hornets already.

If Andris Bierdens get amnesty'd he is definitely a guy we should look into signing. Prolly would be cheap and he's athletic, still only 25. He's beeen atrocious past couple years but he would def. be worth a role of the dice.

Still would love to look into signing Oden as well.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Andris Bierdens get amnesty'd he is definitely a guy we should look into signing. Prolly would be cheap and he's athletic, still only 25. He's beeen atrocious past couple years but he would def. be worth a role of the dice.

Still would love to look into signing Oden as well.
Biedrins under a PG like Paul would thrive. The guy isn't completely incapable, he's just had to deal with a ton of injuries and new coaches. He's decent offensively, a bit thin defensively, but great on the boards, and would work well off of Amare too.

The big issue is I think a guy like him would that there'd still be a demand for him, I don't think he could be had for 2 million or so, I'd think some team would at least bid upto probably 5-6 million.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Exactly, Dwight and Amare don't have games that would compliment each other, you want perimeter guys if you have a guy like Dwight down on the block, and Amare's effectiveness would be reduced significantly.

You take Dwight over Amare any day if that's something Orlando even considers, keep Melo and and try to get CP3 to create for the team.

This is assuming of course Dwight even wants to come here or if that is even possible.....but I am mainly focused on the Knicks getting CP in the off-season.
The thing about Amare is that he doesn't just have a simple post game...  He is money with mid-short range Js and has a unique, unstoppable slashing move from key range into the paint.  He and Dwight would work very well together imo, especially with a PG like CP.  Melo doesn't really work well with anyone except himself.

Jersey Raffle Results ...

So I didnt have ink in my printer to print each individual name.*Sigh*

Instead I took # 1-99 and threw them into a hat. ( Didnt add my # or #100)

[h1]#32 abeautifulhaze
[/h1]
PM me which Jersey u want and your address.

Next time I do it, I'll make it a little more exciting
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If he don't respond in 24 hrs, you should draw again.
pimp.gif
at this raffle though.

*high five

Just PMed him.

I'll give him till tomorrow night to get back to me ... He might be lurking.

If not I'll draw again on Sunday.

whytewunder, you could have at least given me the heads up to update the thread title 
laugh.gif
i didn't know you were going to do it so soon.

laugh.gif
at the title update....

and whattttt? there was a raffle going?
raffle again dude! loll

Back
Top Bottom