let this thread die (NYK)

Ok win. A joke that we even have to talk about getting revenge on them. The whole mindset reminds me of the Cavs losses from last year.

Great shot by DJ and then with an open one he leans in to the shot for a miss.

We won this game cuz Cha does not play defense. They just foul our go to guys A LOT. Not scared about the bad shooting from Melo and Amar'e. They didn't really have an answer for what Tyson provided.

Shump plays solid again for a starter. TD provides nothing. Little scared about Shump's cramps though. He being injured now does us no good.

missed the game, Tyson went in tho?
smokin.gif

Tyson had a great game. So did shumpert but I'm getting nervous with his cramps

I don't get why Bibby or balkman didn't play. Walker is useless. Fields is pretty terrible too.

Amare and melo are bi polar. One minute they look great the next like morons. We still switch on everything and need a coaching change but whatever I'll take the W

Tyson had a great game. So did shumpert but I'm getting nervous with his cramps

I don't get why Bibby or balkman didn't play. Walker is useless. Fields is pretty terrible too.

Amare and melo are bi polar. One minute they look great the next like morons. We still switch on everything and need a coaching change but whatever I'll take the W

Bibby didn't play cuz his knee was hurting him (think he banged when he was first put in). That's what Pringles said in the post game interview. I'm guessing that's the only reason TD was in the game late.

Anybody got a timetable on Jeffries? Yeah he's a bum but he was at least decent on defense.

Jeffries will probably play against philly. Man we need a starting 2 guard BAD Fields doesn't look like an NBA player at all
30t6p3b.gif

Ugly win. That 4th quarter was tough to watch. They went like 12 straight possessions to Melo.
indifferent.gif

I'm done with TD.

I think Shumpert's body will adjust in time. He's just going 1000 miles a hour and he just tanking out at the end of games.

When Baron comes back I hope to see better game management more then anything else. Especially in the 4th instead of giving it to Melo everytime down court.

Just came back from the game at MSG. First time seeing Melo in action and was slightly disappointed with his decisions. Tyson played well and so did Amare aside from some clown 3 point attempts.

That dude Shumpert though 
pimp.gif
. He is a crowd favorite like none other 
laugh.gif
. TD was booed every time he got the ball when he was first subbed in, chants of "We want Shumpert" constantly broke out. And he played good on top of it all.

Investing in a Shumpert jersey soon.

I said it on Twitter but I absolutely hate that the Garden fans boo so quickly.

At the end of the game, Landry missed the first foul shot and I heard boos... how about cheering on your team? What good could that possibly do? Same with booing Douglas every time he comes in. I get they're pros so I'm not saying "poor NBA players" but damn, just makes the fans look lame. When Westbrook was struggling all game earlier in the season, the OKC fans chanted "Russell" when he went to the line... that's what your crowd should be doing.

A needed win. Tyson played terrific.. but he can't play that many minutes all season. Amare and Melo did their best shooting to make us lose the game. Shumpert played well, shot a lot better than expected. His energy is much needed out there, so hopefully he starts picking up on the little things that make a different.

MDA: "We have a couple guys coming back pretty* soon.. Baron and JJ"
[on rationalizing big minutes of starters]

Hate to always bring it back to Pringles but he can't be putting these kinds of minutes on these guys. Dudes gotta figure out a way to lengthen the rotation. Melo, STAT and Tyson all played 39, we needed every minute but this *+%% isn't good for the long run. This was one of my big concerns coming into the year. Pringles has a short rotation to begin with so I know we're getting that but add to the pot that his seat is getting hotter and hotter with each L and we'll see what abusing guys for 66 games is really like
ohwell.gif

Concerned w Shump's leg cramps but part of me thinks it has to do with conditioning and him being hurt those 2 weeks. Dude had no real summer league like they got in Vegas, shortened camp and he's been hurt, I'm sure he's got no legs after 30 minutes. Add the fact that he's gonna be playing more minutes now that he's set in the lineup than there are in college games and I can see his minutes affecting his legs late in the year.

Thanks Mike
indifferent.gif

Jeffries is needed asap for that very reason. Even in a regular season I don't want Chandler getting overplayed, so that needs to be monitored for Melo and Amare as well.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I said it on Twitter but I absolutely hate that the Garden fans boo so quickly.

At the end of the game, Landry missed the first foul shot and I heard boos... how about cheering on your team? What good could that possibly do? Same with booing Douglas every time he comes in. I get they're pros so I'm not saying "poor NBA players" but damn, just makes the fans look lame. When Westbrook was struggling all game earlier in the season, the OKC fans chanted "Russell" when he went to the line... that's what your crowd should be doing.

A needed win. Tyson played terrific.. but he can't play that many minutes all season. Amare and Melo did their best shooting to make us lose the game. Shumpert played well, shot a lot better than expected. His energy is much needed out there, so hopefully he starts picking up on the little things that make a different.
I don't care for the booing either. It's one thing if you wanna chant Fire _______, but to constantly boo a mediocre player on your own team, nah, not cool. But hey, that's New York.

$%%$ it, 5-4 ill take it. Knicks are gonna be grinding out games for a while.. so hopefully we are in for a better stretch of basketball.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Yeah. That booing stuff is ******ed.

seriously, think about it. you're away and that happens, you get bold, try to shut the other team up.

you're at home and your own fans do that to you...every little thing, you know every missed shot or weak pass, every single thing that happens other than hitting 4 3s, getting steals and assists, and you hear it...at home. and worse, you're the only one. when you're on the road, all of you get booed, when it's just you.
30t6p3b.gif

cold.

Just caught the highlights  Glad we won, but shouldn't have been that close. 
And goddamn melo got banged on..like this can't even be swept under the rug.  Melo got YAMMED ON..by Gerald Henderson?  
laugh.gif

Feel bad for TD. He makes me want to kill myself sometimes but it's not his fault he was being asked to do something he probably can't / isn't.

In regards to the booing. It happens in every sport idk whats so different about now, Toney has been playing like crap , he deserves to get booed. Until he proves everyone otherwise and has a bounce back game its gnna stay that Way , when he does hell get everyone on his side again. This isnt OKC its NYC.

Was at the game as well. Shumpert is such a fan fav
laugh.gif
His knees worrying me tho.

Amare and Chandler were great. Melo was clearly having an off night
30t6p3b.gif
missing shotshe would normally make with his eyes closed.

The garden boos tho..
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
everyone was booing from like the first 2 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom